In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Follow-up Email Response to Cheney's Dress

HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
edited January 2005 in General Discussion
Having advanced a few trips with Cheney's staff, I can tell you that this is an advance failure. One of two things happened - the weather was colder than planned (or the promised heated benches didn't materialize), necessitating the warmest clothes that were packed (a failure, because they should be prepared for sh**ty weather in January), or the protocol for the event was misunderstood (a huge failure, because no one else got it wrong).

I'd like to see pictures from the Krakow event. It's entirely possible that there wasn't time to change between events because of some weather-related complication, or that the temperature dropped (or Cheney's ability to put up with the temperature dropped because of illness or fatigue) and he had to be swaddled in everything that they could come up with. He's from Wyoming, and has always been one of the tougher guys when it comes to cold weather, so I'm betting that there's some story there.

I'd have to believe that it was something other than the protocol failure everyone at the Washington Post and the Daily Show has assumed. Cheney's the kind of guy who'd wear a suit as his default position 100% of the time. Besides, I think there's a rule that says the VP has to have a tie on until other party guests are nude.

volenti non fit injuria

Comments

• Options
    Chockfull O NutsChockfull O Nuts Member Posts: 646 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wyoming! I knew it was someplace up there. I said Idaho but that didn't sound right. I don't think Cheney would do anything to be disrespectful and I have to believe that there was some foul-up with clothing along the line. Again, regretable but hardly Earth-shattering.
  • Options
    Prone PositionProne Position Member Posts: 118 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's a pic for you. Gotta admit it is a bold fasion ststement. In a side note, VP Dick did manage to show up at another function later that day wearing an appropriate black overcoat.

[img]C:\Documents and Settings\C U Pharley\My Documents\My Pictures\cheney.jpg[/img]

Parka, hunting boots and a ski cap, com'on!!!

Support Our Troops, Bring Them Home and Let Them Die Of Old Age!
  • Options
    Texas_ShooterTexas_Shooter Member Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bear in mind that Cheney does have a bad heart and pneumonia is something that could cost him his life. So, precaution is wise especially in his case.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." - John Wayne