In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Looking for a 9mm pocket pistol Continued from EXP

rediceredice Member Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2006 in General Discussion
This is a carry on thread from the experts section I want as many options as possible for this carry pistol. I am looking for something like a Walther PPK but in 9mm. I plan to carry it and want it to be reliable.

Comments

• Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    9x18 Mac - can't be beat.[8D]
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Colt Pocket nine or Kahr.
  • Options
    young n dumyoung n dum Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    kel-tec p11 inexpensive,reliable, slim and light
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    KelTec P-11.........
  • Options
    JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rohrbaugh R9. Best there is.
  • Options
    KK Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gotta give a vote for the Kel-Tec....We have been selling them for years without a problem. Also, kinda cool having 10 rnds of full on 9mm in the mag and one in the tube.
    On hot summer days, I carry a Bulgarian MAK in a Fobus rig. Tough to beat for umph in a small package.
  • Options
    SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry, Polite Psycho, but the PM9 actually edged out the Rohnbar, and it is $300 less.
    I've handled both, the when Rohbahr would not allow ther warranty to follow the gun, like Taurus and Seecamp, I bailed. For $950, I expect better service.

The ultimate:

Kahr PM9 in a Milt Sparks Pocket Concealment Holster (PCH).

PM9Pocket2.jpg

I picked up this $80 holster for $30 on Sigforum [really lucky break] but had committed to selling the PM9 earlier, to finance ... something that can really reach out and say "Hello".

So I only carried this combo for three days. But the 16 oz. PM9 left virtually no imprint in the front pocket, and it slid out with great ease.

Although I would not spend the money on the DLC slide.
    I'd get the economy model and blacken it myself.
  • Options
    paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Ditto on the Keltec!!!!
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glock 26 and and S&W 3913 TSW are my two favorite small 9mm pistols.
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    If you want to carry it enough to "rub" the finish and reduce the value, I agree that nothing is better than the Kel-Tec P-11. Solid gun, light weight, good performance, great price.

If you want one that will increase in value and you'll only carry on occasion where it won't have wear marks, get a Colt Pocket Nine.
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Colt Pocket nine or Kahr.

Select..have you changed your mind on the Kahr? I just happened to be reading about the Colt Mustangs and came across this. I am interested in a .380 backup and was looking at Kahr.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=108519&SearchTerms=pocketlite
  • Options
    jbw1776jbw1776 Member Posts: 3,056
    edited November -1
    I carry a Keltec P-11 15-20hrs. a day, every day. Light, small, and 9mm (plenty of power) with a capacity of 10+1. Little over $200 NIB. I've put over 500rds of various ammo through it without a single problem. I carry it IWB using a factory belt clip, no holster, it never prints, and I live in Louisiana (not much more than shorts and a t-shirt in the summer). So light and small I forget its there, I've actually slept through the night on camping trips with it on. I absolutely love mine.

Ben
  • Options
    paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    I carry my Keltec on my Atv all the time!!! It is getting pretty beat up from all the wear and tear but keeps on working flawlessly!!!

I had a custom ghost ring made and installed on mine.

keltec2.jpg
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pabooger
    I carry my Keltec on my Atv all the time!!! It is getting pretty beat up from all the wear and tear but keeps on working flawlessly!!!

I had a custom ghost ring made and installed on mine.

keltec2.jpg

Pa,

I have the P-40 with the .357 SIG barrel and the P-11 upper. One gun and I can shoot 9mm, .357 SIG, and .40 S&W. Best dang utility gun I've ever owned. I also sold the p-32 and bought a P3AT in .380. Slickest little pocket gun you've ever seen![;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    cartod, sold all my pocketlites and Colt pocket nines.. Parts on the pocket nines are almost impossible to find. I use a cheapie P3AT keltec to carry. Lighter and smaller than the P-11. If I want a full size 9mm I use a Browning GP Competition. It is a tack driver.. more than what I can say for the keltec.
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've carried a Beretta 9000s DAO which the DAO has been discontinued, but the decocker model is still available. Ive carried mine for a few yrs and never had a FTF or FTE. There great shooting durable guns with a 12+ 1 Magazine capacity in a pistol not much bigger than a .380acp.They will also except the 15RD Model 92 Mag with a spacer sold separately by Beretta. However I didnt like it much because the long grip takes away from its compactness.

Happy New Year!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is a tack driver.. more than what I can say for the keltec.

select-fire, I have been very surprised with the accuracy of my Keltec P-11. I know this is not too scientific, but I can make a 20oz. Coke bottle "dance" with every shot at about 25-30ft using WWB ammo. Maybe I just got lucky and got a good one, but for what it is, I can't ask much more from it[:D].

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was funnin' about the Keltec. Comparing the Browning to the Keltec is about like flyin' in a single engine airplane and then flyin' in a jet. I can make 20 oz. coke bottles dance easily at 35 yd with the Browning.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was funnin' about the Keltec. Comparing the Browning to the Keltec is about like flyin' in a single engine airplane and then flyin' in a jet. I can make 20 oz. coke bottles dance easily at 35 yd with the Browning.

Yeah...but.....but....I can buy more Cokes with the money saved on the Keltec. Ha![:D][:D][:D]

Ben
  • Options
    CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And cheap.

PJ

quote:Originally posted by zipperzap
    9x18 Mac - can't be beat.[8D]
  • Options
    KK Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remember...the MORE EXPENSIVE the GUN AND AMMO..the DEADER the bad guy,,,,[}:)][}:)][}:)][:D][}:)]
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Keltec is smaller and lighter than the PPks. It has greater capacity and you can put night sights on it. If you need more punishment at both ends, you can get a 40 S&W or a 357 Sig conversion kit. The DAO trigger pull is tough and takes some getting used to.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I like the look of the keltek and while I was doing a search for more info I stumbled apon this place http://www.skyyindustries.com/gun_cpx-1b.html
    aparently they make a copy of the P11 with a few extra features etc. I read there forums a bit sounds intresting, have any of you guys herd anything about them one way or the other? Of course im still not set on eather as of yet. Will keep looking for a bit.
  • Options
    yearofspideryearofspider Member Posts: 1,657 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by redice
    I like the look of the keltek and while I was doing a search for more info I stumbled apon this place http://www.skyyindustries.com/gun_cpx-1b.html
    aparently they make a copy of the P11 with a few extra features etc. I read there forums a bit sounds intresting, have any of you guys herd anything about them one way or the other? Of course im still not set on eather as of yet. Will keep looking for a bit.

Doesn't look bad, but I'd go with a Kel-tec or Kahr in 9mm luger. Price wise, I'd go with a Radom P64 9x18[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by yearofspider

Doesn't look bad, but I'd go with a Kel-tec or Kahr in 9mm luger. Price wise, I'd go with a Radom P64 9x18[:D]

That Radom doesnt look bad eather, but im going to stick with 9mm luger now that I know the difference between them all and since thats what I have already for my xd and now that im thinking about it I may look into doing 9mm in my 1911. Since I dont shoot it much as is being the price of the .45 ammo. I do plan to reload here once I get some time however I like the idea of having interchangeable ammo.
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another vote for the Kel-Tec.[8D]
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Interesting, but why would you want/need an external safety on a DA-only gun? To me that's just a liability. The whole point of a DA-only gun is that there is no safety to accidentally get switched "on" when you don't want it on. That's a big negative for me.

This one seems ergonomically nicer than the Kel-tec since it has finger grooves and the little pinky rest, but you can add those features to your Kel-Tec with a $7 Hogue grip sleeve and a $5 mag pinky extension. The Kel-Tecs will take S&W mags (and hold 11+1 rounds). . .looks like this one won't take Smith mags, and only holds 9+1.

For what its worth, the Kel Tecs also appear a hair lighter at 15 ounces (vs 17 for this Skyy thing).
  • Options
    WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
    edited November -1
    I've got a Kel-tec P-11(9mm) and love it. I recently bought a Kel-tec P3-AT(.380) with a wallet holster. Got tired of shifting everything around in my front pockets to carry it.

Here's the little guy. I like it, but it is finicky as to the type of ammo you put in him. It's a lot easier to carry. Very light. Carry it all the time.

P1010065x.jpg

P1010066x.jpg

P1010067x.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by beantownshootah

Interesting, but why would you want/need an external safety on a DA-only gun? To me that's just a liability. The whole point of a DA-only gun is that there is no safety to accidentally get switched "on" when you don't want it on. That's a big negative for me.

This one seems ergonomically nicer than the Kel-tec since it has finger grooves and the little pinky rest, but you can add those features to your Kel-Tec with a $7 Hogue grip sleeve and a $5 mag pinky extension. The Kel-Tecs will take S&W mags (and hold 11+1 rounds). . .looks like this one won't take Smith mags, and only holds 9+1.

For what its worth, the Kel Tecs also appear a hair lighter at 15 ounces (vs 17 for this Skyy thing).

Yep actualy I read there forums some more the other night and took it off my list as a possible choice, I actualy like more safeties for the most part. But anyhow that one is badly designed people with big hands would accidently turn the safety on while shooting. And since im no little fella that just wont do for me :).
  • Options
    cruzie27cruzie27 Member Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well for now i carry a 9x18m Makarov,..
    i dont like that it is in 9mm,..which is why i dident opt for a Kel-tec.
    instead i went with the .45cal Taurus PT-145,..i really like haveing 10+1 of .45 hydra-shock

however to the Kel-tec's credit,..they are very light and easy to carry.

i am a pretty big guy,. so size and weight of my CCW can be a bit more than normal.

here is what i have been makeing payments on and will have in about two weeks.
    http://davesguns.com/serverpics/taurus/pt145.jpg