In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Finally

BlckhrnBlckhrn Member Posts: 5,136
edited March 2006 in General Discussion
I got me a MA-Duece.. with ammo can and a belt full of ammo.. [:D][:D]

2003_0216deuce0008.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I am a bona fide member. I still got a long way to go to catch up with some of you guys though.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [:D][8D][:)]
    The ex has been preparing for 4 years to move out to his property, and the day has finally arrived... He has done a ton of work to get his lot ready, and it looks beautiful, our daughter and son will only be minutes away now,they love that...They have been 25 miles apart and that has tough, this will be great for everyone,,,Espescially now that a little tyke is on the way,his significant other as he calls her is due in july,we cant wait...[:D][:)][8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Finally, I got a set of standard grips
    for an original Browning medalist
    as I am left handed.
    I'm waiting anxiously.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    After only 6 and a half months waiting I finally got my CCW today, when asked why it took longer than the proscribed 90 days the answer was that the FBI's computer that did all the background checks for them had been down and they were doing them by hand. What a load.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got my AR 15 from my FFL. Shoots Wolf well.

Got to lay my hands on my Rock Island 1911. I am very pleased with it, especially for the $. My FFL was also quite impressed, and he shoots a couple in competition. Yeah, I know, the Phillipines. At least it wasn't made in China.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The extractor and spring came for the Model 30F .410 pump, Now I have another skeet gun ..Whoooooopie..See ya at the skeet range ifn ya can make it..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    the-shawshank-redemption-o.gif

we gots rain, not much but we havent seen it for over 2 months
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I got my AKM parts kit disassembled. Now I need to acquire a receiver. Has anyone had luck ordering from NoDak Spud lately? About a year ago I ordered one from my local gun shop and it never showed up, thankfully I didn't put any money down.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got my first letter of Rejection for a job(since Nov). At least now I know one got to where it was supposed to go.[:o)]

Then the weirdest just happened got a call to go for a Job interview at another place. Submitted that one a while ago and forgot about it. Interview is a 11:00.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got rid of AVG 2011. Tried the old Delete Program on windows all I ended up with was an error message. But each time I fired up the computer it would lock me out of the Internet. Screen Popped up saying I needed to reboot to for updates, this went on as an endless loop.

Only way was to try and delete it and that would open up the Internet. That was getting old fast and took forever.

Finally found on their site a place to get a program to delete their program. That's the only thing AVG has that actually worked.

If you all remember I was sending out bad e-mail fora while and AVG was the program that I was using. It never did find the Virus. Went with a free system and its worked great and no more bad e-mail sent.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Finally after 2 weeks of looking
    (and missing) .
    I've got on hold a S&MW model 19-4
    4" brl-$450.

Gun shops around my locale don't
    have the used inventory they used to,
    and when they do get a nice handgun in,
    It's gone the same day, but today was my day.
    Ron
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I finally got my 5 level today. No longer an apprentice, I'm now a journeyman. Also, today I found out I received both the squadron and group level quarterly award of excellence, I'm going against the entire wing now.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I wrote my first rough draftof my own Eulogy. Got to love speech class!! I did have help from 2 dear friends!! Please give me your feed back!!

Hello to all family and friends that are here today to honor Dee's passing. I am here today to honor my best friend, Dee. We were so close that I can honestly say I love her as a sister.When I was asked to give this Eugoly; I became horrorifed that I may not be able to capture the essence of her, but I am going to give her my best because that is what she would do for me. Dee was a strong woman. When handed a lifetime of lemons she turned it all into lemonade. There were plenty of times she could have given up and walked away; yet she chose to stay. She came through it all holding her head high and encouraging others to do the same. She gave of herself and asked nothing in return except respect. One of the most defining moments in her life is when she met you Robert. You were her rock; something changed in her when she met you and all that knew her then could see it. She loved you with her whole heart and was greatful for all that you did.

Dee carried many titles mother, family member, and friend without question she was devoted to each one. Her biggest devotion was to her children. I know it is hard for each of you, Everette, Zoie, Lily, and Abigail, but know that your mother loved you unconditionaly. She fought for your safety, your happiness and put your needs before hers. Although you may not understand it now, everything she did, she did for you. She never made a decsion without asking herself how it was going to affect you. Dee loved her family more than herself; whether they know it or not she was truly devoted to each of them. She was a big source of support and done for them without question. She had a very close relationship with her mother, Joan, and although they had their disagreements as mothers and daughters do. Joan, Dee had the upmost respect and love for you. She once told me it was not that she did not want your advice but that she wanted to make her own path. She was also close to her brother, Brandon. Brandon she was so proud of you and loved you more than you could ever know. The bond you two share will never be broken.

Dee was also a great friend, my best friend. She was always a friend you could count on. When I had a problem and all I wanted to do was cry, she would be there with her quirky personailty to turn my tears of dispear into tears of laughter. She was always laughing and without trying would have me laughing too. Her laugh always brought a smile to the faces of everyone that heard it. Some of the best memories I have of us is when we would just sit on the porch talking and laughing. We shared a lot, she never judged me or my life, just gave me suppport. Dee always seemed to have a love for life; I was always the more cautious one and when I wanted to take the safer path, she was always there saying, but wouldn't this be more fun? She was always adventurous, it almost seemed she lived with no fear and I am proud to say I lived vicariously through her. I wish I had been more like her. I wish I would have opened my mouth and let people know just how I felt. Let my thoughts show on my face. I will miss you horribly, but I have Faith that you'll be awaiting my arrival. You were a beautiful person and will be greatly missed.

Corrected the look Evil said it looks better now!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I can take the Bike to work, Not going to be freezing. That's all I need.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The Shell catchers for my 4 1100,s arrived today, now I can stop beating up the guy standing next to me..I have a couple but sometimes I would take a different trap gun to the range and forget the shell catchers were on on of the other guns. Now I wont have to remember to change em...[8D][8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I get a day off tomorrow. ABOUT TIME. I have a BUNCH of stuff I need to do.

Make that money, son!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    From Friday night 7:00pm till Saturday morning 5:00am then Saturday noon till now I'm finally done with this: I got 50 dell computers that were sanitized for a charter school my friend started , all was fine I was going to donate them , but some kind of red tape kept me from doing it , so now I'm loading the op systems on them and going to sell them, but it's like I'm working on a assembly line. They are Dell Optiplex GX620 I'm putting a legal copy of window xp professional on them now. It's done and Brownie my offer still stands and now Good Night Ladies and Gentlemen.[|)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got the stock finished and fitted on the Old N.R.Davis SxS, now about 40 coats of wax, and she will be ready to shoot..

sxs.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    after about a month, i finally got my sigma from the shop
    Kasey sent it up right quick, then turns out the shop was out of state transfer forms!?
    called tonight (after their usual close time) to let me know they were there and would wait till i got there if i wanted to pick up today yet!
    so now i have "twins" and the damned camera is broke!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've been looking for a gun smith to convert a M-1 carbine .30 cal. to a .357 mag.
    Now i've found 1, So some time this year my dream rifle will come true. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!