In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Microsoft office 2007!

WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2006 in General Discussion
I am excited! I do a ton of things in word, and lots of things in power point. I think in the next few months I'm going to buy a new laptop and I'm definetly getting office 2007.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/ui/video.mspx

Comments

• Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Let me know when they finish working all the bugs out of it.

sorry that was not a smart butt answer.. but an honest request.
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    Why pay for the new look, etc?

www.openoffice.org
  • Options
    iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the link, Dave. Looks good! I use Word, Excel and Powerpoint every day, and that new "ribbon" looks like it will be great. Say what you want about Microsoft products, but I like them.
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll tell you what I don't like about Microsoft. When I switched over from Apple to PC several years ago, the machine came with Microsoft Works. I used the Microsoft Works Word Processor for several years, then I bought a new PC. The new PC came with a new Microsoft Works Word Processor. The new Microsoft Works Word Processor couldn't read files created with the old Microsoft Works Word Processor. I called Microsoft and asked them "What's the deal?" They said, Yep, that's right, it won't read the old files. I asked them what they were going to do about it. They said they didn't know, but they had been thinking about it. By the time they came up with a program to convert the files, I had way too many files to convert them. I'm still using the old Microsoft Works Word Processor.

By the way, The Microsoft Works which came with this machine can't be uninstalled after it has been installed and the XP system they gave me won't install without the new Microsoft Works. The two Works programs are not compatible. I had to delete program files on the "hunt and peck" system until I deleted the ones which wouldn't let me use Works.

What a pain in the *. I'm thinking about going back to Apple. Apple will screw you every chance they get, but at least their stuff works.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dave W.
    I am excited! I do a ton of things in word, and lots of things in power point. I think in the next few months I'm going to buy a new laptop and I'm definetly getting office 2007.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/ui/video.mspx
    Seems like everytime I learn the old WORD they invent a new one. [:(!]