In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Car Dealer Includes Free Gun With SUVs

Gunners762Gunners762 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
edited October 2006 in General Discussion
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15487113/

Free Guns Offered To Car Buyers A car-dealership in Chester County causes a controversy when it offers free guns to car buyers.

In print ads that ran in the Oxford Tribune newspaper this weekend, Country Dodge in Oxford, Pa., had an added bonus for truck buyers - a free shot gun with every vehicle.

As part of Country's "Monster Yearend Clearance," the ad promises buys the free weapons but there are conditions attached in the fine print: buyers must pass a government-background check. And taxes and tags are extra.

The western Chester County dealership is just 15 miles from the location of the Amish school shooting tragedy.

NBC 10 spoke with dealership officials, who said the offer was just a promotion to 25 customers that gave redeemable gun certificates to truck buyers. Gordon Atkisson, the president of Country Dodge Chrysler Jeep, told NBC 10 that a local gun dealer supplied the shotguns for the promotion, and the dealership is doing everything by the book.

"They know they have to have background check in all our ads," said Atkisson about potential customers.

The ad campaign angered local resident Anabella Hampton --You can leave Anabella a nice message here..http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/403960798

Comments

• Options
    riderrider Member Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Screw Anabella and the Michael Moore she rode in on.......[:(!][:(!] I think it's a good idea. I wish it would catch on. Afterall, it's not as if it's a dreaded, evil, self firing, fully automatic assault rifle that kids can buy on every corner everywhere...[;)][;)] It'a a shotgun.
    rider
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,683 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you see that "Lars" signed up? Oh...and I forgot to point out the puuuud of a red headed boy that is in the military (or says he is) and actually signed the petition. He actually put his picture up!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    Did you see that "Lars" signed up? Oh...and I forgot to point out the puuuud of a red headed boy that is in the military (or says he is) and actually signed the petition. He actually put his picture up!

Locust. Do realize how many guns you could sell if you gave away a free pickup with every shotgun?
  • Options
    rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hughbetcha
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork

Locust. Do realize how many guns you could sell if you gave away a free pickup with every shotgun?

or a smooch?[:D][:D]
  • Options
    D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    I wonder what kind of shotgun he's giving away?
  • Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is one of a couple of astute observations contained in comments section of the petition.

"We send a message loud and clear and these devils will stop pushing guns on our children. I hope after the election Democrats would pass laws that will prevent the offering of deadly weapons into private hands.The anti-christ is walking among us and these people make me sick."

I'm sure the streets will be filled with shotgun wielding adolescents from this promotion.

Who's going to save the children????

What a maroon.[:(!]
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here are some of my favorite comments

"All guns are a danger Period!All guns should be banned from private citizens that have no need in this global village of ours for killer guns. Its about time we give up a few freedoms for the good and safety of all men.This NRA flag waving patriotism in America is very dangerous and cultivates hate in our scools.Tradition is the enemy of progress in America,and our children should not be the pawns.Patriotism seems to be falling to whoever claims it loudest, and we're left struggling to find a definition in a clamor of reaction. This is what I'm hearing Patriotism opposes the lone representative of democracy who was brave enough to vote her conscience instead of following an angry mob. I'm sick and tired of empty patriotism. You know the kind. Waving flags, singing "God Bless America" and cheering about everything in the good ol' USA.Remember they had muskets when the second ammendment was written and it took about 5 minutes to reload. The second ammendment should be rewritten. The new 2nd ammendment should be that no citizen is allowed to own a weapon that can fire more than than 6-8 bullets and not be an automatic weapon. Period. And lastly, we should teach diversity in our elementary schools."

LOL

"Killing is not a sport, there is nothing funny about this subject. Men who hunt need to grow up and maybe try reading a book."
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HighVolumeOfFire
    Here are some of my favorite comments

The new 2nd ammendment should be that no citizen is allowed to own a weapon that can fire more than than 6-8 bullets and not be an automatic weapon. Period. And lastly, we should teach diversity in our elementary schools."

I can see considerable progres in this appraoch. Instead of "mass" shootings where dozen people are killed we can limit deths to 6 to 8 people, providing that the psycho doesnt know how to reload.

The diversity training is also important. After all, why should the Amish be singled out. A properly diversified killing rampage would include little recognized and often excluded minorities such as gay women, crippled children, Mormons, Catholics, blacks, whites and Asians.. dont hear much about Asians getting massacred, it's almost like the killers have something against them.
  • Options
    Dak To 68Dak To 68 Member Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've seen the buy a vehicle get a shotgun promo before, and it worked very well.
  • Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think that putting a 10-15 day waiting/cool down period on buying any new vehicle would help to keep rampant debtors off the streets.
  • Options
    CA sucksCA sucks Member Posts: 4,310
    edited November -1
    look at these *-bah comments:
    "Wow, this explains how all the people who aren't supposed to have access to firearms must be getting them!" -They still have to pass background checks, this explains nothing
    "I just can't believe with all the murders both intentional and accidental that anyone would be giving guns away. Shot guns will kill just as easily as a hand gun." -- Actually im pretty sure shotguns are better for killing a slig or 3.5 inch 00 buck vs a saturday night special...... not to mention shoulder fired+ longer sight radius= more accurate
    The next comment was just about how blacks are a bad influence in our school system.... nothing to do with guns... ok?
    "I'd like to shake his hand for offering such a nice gift. Anyone who doesn't take the responsibility to protect themselves or their own family, are Sheep who need to be Thinned from the Herd(s). God Bless the Bill Of Rights!"---- to bad his name is on the petition, I'd leave a similar comment but I'd add another signature to the petition, and they just want a bigger number
    Followed by another post in support of getting rid of gun control and stating how blacks and hispanics are such a bad influence on our culture..... this is only reenforcing the racist gun owner image
    "Only us Police are smart enough to own guns. Citizens should not be allowed to protect themselves or their families-Just leave it up to me. -Officer Glazed Donut" -- satire?
    I think half their signature to the petition are against the petition, but they want to leave a comment
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    DonldDonld Member Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To be honest, I can't always tell the wackos from the tongue-in-cheek comments on the petition link.
  • Options
    KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would just buy a firearm and a fast car separetely,
    f*&$ SUVs
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KSUmarksman
    I would just buy a firearm and a fast car separetely,
    f*&$ SUVs
    yea...but they go so well together.