In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Any Camaro/Firebird fans out there?

300Win_Mag300Win_Mag Member Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
edited March 2007 in General Discussion
I encourage all to watch this video. I think most of you grew up during this time or are old enough to appreciate it. [:D]

***** EDIT: This might be NWS depending on your employer. *****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdegQmtgFSM

Comments

• tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1
    If you are a Camaro fan. here is a site created by a guy from my hometown. The dude diong the burnout at the top is a very good friend of mine, a very good resource site!!!
    http://camarolinks.com
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it would be funny if it weren't so sad...

magicamaro1.jpg
  • KimbercoltKimbercolt Member Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess a have had 5, wish I would have kept them.
    had some nice ones.
    46270 was a mustang fan. He had 11, he has the same feeling, wishing he kept them.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I was a Firebird fan, until I caught a glimpse of a MOPAR.

D.
  • ljwrenchljwrench Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    Proud past of owner of a '67 SS/RS 350, '78 LT, and an '83 Z-28.
  • p64makp64mak Member Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never been a fan of transmarobirds.

Give me a Barracuda, 'Cuda, Challenger, Superbee...or...(sigh)Superbird...THEN I'll pay attention.
  • LOKO383LOKO383 Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anybody seen the Chip Foose 69 shell repro kit i saw the car at a show in columbus,oh he built,look like a lot of hand fabrication/fitting on it i am sure its no "bolt together" car as there is nothing but a bare shell in primer and the rest is avalible to finish it,i think it brought over $350.000 on barrett-jackson auction dang you could buy a nice low mile survivor for that,it was sharp though, had a 67 ss/327-4 speed in my younger days red with the white c stripe on the hood and ft fenders,oh the memories.........[:D]
  • tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ljwrench
    Proud past of owner of a '67 SS/RS 350, '78 LT, and an '83 Z-28.

A man that likes Camaros and Stix can't be all bad!!!
  • SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    Hahah,that was great,so true.1st and 2nd generation birds and Ams,oh yeah!Not really a fan of the Camaro though.
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you for sharing that. I read the title, and I thought, you know I really don't like Camaros', then I thought, what the hell, I'm a car guy, lets' see what this is about.

For those of you who haven't watched it yet, this is a documentary set to music that embodies the heart and soul of Camaro owners everywhere.

Nicely done.
  • Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
    edited November -1
    quote:
    For those of you who haven't watched it yet, this is a documentary set to music that embodies the heart and soul of Camaro owners everywhere.

Nicely done.

I haven't watched it but from what you say it sounds like it it just a video of a set of Mustang tail lights getting farther and farther ahead.
  • jimbowbyjimbowby Member Posts: 3,496
    edited November -1
    [8D]-I had Camero's in the 60's untill these took over

--scan0004gn8.jpg

--scan0006jy5.jpg

--Then it was ByBy GM--

--[:D][:D]--JIMBO
  • Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    Camaro's, lets see....
    '78, first car, mild build on a .30 over 350, rossi built th350 that would break the tires loose in all 3 gears, full road racing suspension, wrecked it the day before I went in the Army

'76 LT, 500HP 383, full manuel valve body th-400, Full road racing suspension, set up as an open road racer with 2.73 rear gear, areodynamically limited to 175 MPH, blew up the engine at 170mph racing a corvette on I-215, it's been sitting with no engine sence '96

'84 Z-28, zz-4 transplant, built th700r4, mild suspension build, 3.73 rear gear, ran 12.5@117 at pomona, sold it to my dad so he could replace rear tires every 500 mi:)

'88, daily driver, put on a edelbrock intake, flowmaster exhaust and a set of sway bars, sold it to my cousen with 350,000mi on the ticker, he put another 100,000 on it and now it is parked at his dads house waiting for a rebuild
  • buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    camaros always were the best, until they discontinued them and these newer ones they're going to come out with are goofy looking.

comparing mustangs to camaros, the worst thing about fords is they don't handle well. camaros are the next best thing to a corvette, but all fords I ever drove, including mustangs, are clumsy and break traction too easy -and that's about the most important to me. aside from that, their engines can be almost as good as a chevy, and their interiors aren't quite as good either.

now, I said all that, because I always was a camaro fan, but dang, the new retro mustangs look too good and the camaros they are going to come out with look too dumb to consider. they lost me, now I'd have to settle for a mustang.
  • LOKO383LOKO383 Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mk 19
    Camaro's, lets see....
    '78, first car, mild build on a .30 over 350, rossi built th350 that would break the tires loose in all 3 gears, full road racing suspension, wrecked it the day before I went in the Army

'76 LT, 500HP 383, full manuel valve body th-400, Full road racing suspension, set up as an open road racer with 2.73 rear gear, areodynamically limited to 175 MPH, blew up the engine at 170mph racing a corvette on I-215, it's been sitting with no engine sence '96

'84 Z-28, zz-4 transplant, built th700r4, mild suspension build, 3.73 rear gear, ran 12.5@117 at pomona, sold it to my dad so he could replace rear tires every 500 mi:)

'88, daily driver, put on a edelbrock intake, flowmaster exhaust and a set of sway bars, sold it to my cousen with 350,000mi on the ticker, he put another 100,000 on it and now it is parked at his dads house waiting for a rebuild

that 84 sounds pretty wicked for zz-4 motor car ,12.5 with 355hp and 3:73 gears huh! is that with street tires?[;)][}:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:that 84 sounds pretty wicked for zz-4 motor car ,12.5 with 355hp and 3:73 gears huh! is that with street tires?

slicks, subframe connectors, and I forgot to mention the NOS that was on for that trip (just for the time slip[:D]) it hit so hard that the hatch still wont close right
  • stankempstankemp Member Posts: 509 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Under cover is my 97 Formula . Purchased brand new . Still running good but not quite as good as new with 214000 on the clock.
    Love the 6 speed, 2000 Rs = 80 MPH in top.
    Decent mileage and best of all , the LT1 can get a boost from a 383 stroker into fast vette territory for not a lot of cash.
    Need a new 10 bolt posi and some head work. Gonna keep the FI but going to 20 pound nozzles.
    It's my baby and I love it.
    Stan
    edited November -1
    quote:Decent mileage and best of all , the LT1 can get a boost from a 383 stroker into fast vette territory for not a lot of cash.

For less money anda better return you might want to look at a ATI Pro Charger, you can pull 500hp+ and still stay totally driveable
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    forgot to add, had a '79 TA ws6, an 80, and in Europe drove an '88 RS for two years...
  • thecoltcollectorthecoltcollector Member Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    was the proud owner a 68 firebird........wish i still had her[:(]