In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Quite a Perdickament

MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
edited July 2007 in General Discussion
Torn between buy a pistol and not. The to buy or to wait. I recon I have enough money to get a new FNP but thats almost a whole paycheck. I have other expences that I know of coming up. Truck insurance is taken car of but tuition is still lingering. I need to decide but I have no idea what the hell I am going to do. And then there is I could buy somthing used but i dont know about that either.

Comments

• Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    If it were me, I'd take care of my other obligations first.

It isn't as if I don't have a gun. If I didn't, perhaps having another would become a higher priority. But, in today's world, your credit score means everything -- from your ability to get a loan to your ability to get cheaper insurance to your ability to get a job.

If another gun is a neccesity, I'd say go for it. But, if it is merely a luxury, I'd say put it off.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My buddy had one of those, was a total POS Glock wannabe. Trigger broke on him after maybe 300rds.

I would pass on that one.
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Yep - take care of business - enough time and money later for
    all you want.
    [:D]
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Put a bit back for your gun purchases....don't touch it...take care of your other responsibilities first ALWAYS or you will be selling your guns (at a loss most likely) to take care of yourself later.

If you put a little back all of the time you will have a chunk of money for whatever deal you see. Don't mess up and say "I want one of these" and get screwed out of the deal of a lifetime because you were focused on a particular gun. Keep your eyes and ears open for any gun available....if it is a steal you should have the money for it if you keep putting some back.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    spryorspryor Member Posts: 9,155
    edited November -1
    Business first, grasshoppa.
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chrishiher
    tuition is still lingering.You are young, place priority on your education and then you will have sufficient money for toys and other discretionary things. Focus on the priorities.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The gun is the cheap part then comes ammo, accessories and all the other little things that add up. Pay your bill first[:D][}:)][:0][^]
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    Nope it definatley is not a neccesity, Now if Illinois or Wisconsin were CCW it would be but i am not holding my breath on either. I think I will wait and see what comes my way but I am not tottally sold on anyone anymore thanks Drobs. and A mutal friend between me and my father is looking for me and he always seems to find some cheap guns. Guns are about the only thing I do not have an impluse control for everything else can wait.