Hillary Clinton Drops Maiden Name 'Rodham

dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
edited May 2007 in General Discussion
She'll do anything, even admitting to being a Clinton to get a vote![}:)]

Hillary Clinton Drops Maiden Name 'Rodham' From 2008 White House Campaign
Monday , April 30, 2007

ALBANY, N.Y. -

While she is known to millions simply as "Hillary," New York's junior senator is having something of an identity crisis in her official life.

When it comes to running for president, she is "Hillary Clinton," according to her campaign Web site. But when it comes to her official Senate releases, she is still "Hillary Rodham Clinton."

The Clinton camp appeared to be at a loss to come up with an explanation when the Albany Times Union newspaper asked about it.

"I haven't, I haven't," Clinton said with laugh when asked about her apparent name change.

A strategic decision? Clinton campaign spokesman Howard Wolfson told the newspaper: "That's a fair question, but there's no plan behind it."

The name game has been going on for some time in Clinton's world.

When Hillary Rodham married Bill Clinton in 1975, she kept using her maiden name as he pursued his political career in Arkansas and she built her reputation as a lawyer in Little Rock. But, in the wake of his loss in a re-election race for governor, she began using "Hillary Clinton." He won back the governorship.

"Hillary Rodham Clinton" became the standard in 1993 as the Clintons moved into the White House. She continued to use that when she ran for Senate from New York in 2000.

Comments

• cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 14,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A skunk by any other name is still ... well you guys know the rest!
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    She is playing the name recognition game. Hoping that the people that liked HIM will think he is running again and vote for her.

It happened in the Eddie Murphy movie "The Distinguished Gentleman"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104114/usercomments

I like the movie by the way.
  • us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,645 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Regardless of what name she chooses, the smell is still prevelant IMHO. [;)]
    "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    She is a first rate Chameleon.
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,424
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MVP
    She is a first rate Chameleon.

No she's not. I have a lot more respect for chameleons.
  • Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    And here I htought she retained he maiden name so she'd be associated with the former basketball character Dennis Rodham.
  • 1FMJ1FMJ Member Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As Hillary would say Howdy yal. A carpet bagger she is.<1fmj>
  • ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    I thought all them southern gals had at least three names. Shucks, only poor northern fillies have two names. A good razorback gal needs one middle name...lets see... how about
    Hillary Monica Clinton
    yesir, lets just call her Mona.
  • spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    Actually, Rodham is a common misspelling (and hence a common mispronounciation) of her maiden name.

Her legal name is Hillary Rottweiler Clinton.
  • alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    quote:Hillary Clinton Drops Maiden Name 'Rodham'

I sure hope she didn't drop it around here-there is too much dog crap in my back yard as it is[:0]
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    She will prostitute herself to any height to become president.
    To remain married to the biggest womanizer there ever was in face of women's organizations that preach getting divorced shows her and them up for the wh/ore's they are.

Nothing surprises me about either.
  • codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    She will prostitute herself to any height to become president.
    To remain married to the biggest womanizer there ever was in face of women's organizations that preach getting divorced shows her and them up for the wh/ore's they are.

Nothing surprises me about either.

Ditto