In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Giveaway...Ann Murray Greatest Hits II CD

CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
edited April 2005 in General Discussion
Any Ann Murray fans here? I will pick a name Sunday evening.
Thanks!

Chris8161
Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!
stooges.jpg

Comments

• Carolina-GirlCarolina-Girl Member Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My little Audrey, (14yrs), is about to get a kidney transplant & loves female vocalists. She would love Anne Murray!

Put us in the pot! My numbers are still low here cause I'm so busy with my auctions! I'm growing however!

Smiles,
    Suzie

"Not all who wander are lost." -J. R. R. Tolkien
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, nice giveaway, but don't include me....this time. [;)]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    If I win give it to carolina girl

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun.
  • sheepdipsheepdip Member Posts: 3,124
    edited November -1
    If I win give it to carolina girl
  • JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Me three!

2002-05-21-shark.jpg

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis".
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Aw, hell. Just send it to her already!![:D]

Phil

Good luck and good hunting
  • alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    Yep send it to her!

Delta.gif

tn_people112.gif
    edited November -1
    Ok, I'm feeling guilty here! You guys are too sweet.

I shouldn't have brought up our upcoming ordeal here on a give away thread. It's just that I'm pretty consumed with the fear of it all and talk about it freely as a release mechanism.

I really didn't mean to score points in a give away using Audrey's sickness.

The hospital where the transplant will take place is 350 miles from our rural costal community. Right now we're having to make the trip once a month but once the surgery is complete she has to see the transplant team 2xs a week the first month, 1x a week the second month and every other week the third. Guess who will be staying in Winston Salem, NC the first two months after surgery.. you got it. She won't be able to travel so we're going to lease a small apartment within blocks of the hospital.

Ironically on the way there last week an Anne Murray song came on.. 'You and Me against the World'. I have goose bumps on my arms just now remembering it. I hadn't heard that song in years but it was as if it came over our sattelite radio just for us. It was awesome!

You've touched my heart with your responses, something totally unexpected. If I knew how to post a picture in these threads I'd melt your hearts with her little smile!

We're gonna do this thing!

Thanks Guys.. You're the best!

Huge Smiles & Hugs,
    Suz & Aud~

• JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hang tough Ladies!

2002-05-21-shark.jpg

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis".
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Carolina Girl, you got it. Hope your Audrey enjoys it. Send me an e-mail with your shipping info and I will get it out to you Monday morning.
    Nearearthorbit@bresnan.net

Thanks to all for allowing Carolina Girl to receive the CD!
    A great bunch of people on this forum!

Chris8161
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!
    stooges.jpg
  • ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a guy!

Good luck to you and yours Caro Girl. Best wishes to Audrey on a speedy recovery.

Common Sense is an Uncommon Virtue.
  • cletus85cletus85 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Carolina-Girl tell your daughter I said a kidney transplant is a breeze, I had mine almost 9 years ago. My sister was the donor!

I would have never made it on dialysis...With a transplant you can do everything just like before...just don't forget your meds[;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cletus85
    Carolina-Girl tell your daughter I said a kidney transplant is a breeze, I had mine almost 9 years ago. My sister was the donor!

I would have never made it on dialysis...With a transplant you can do everything just like before...just don't forget your meds[;)]

Will do!

She's on peritoneal dialysis now. 10hrs. every night while she sleeps.

I'm amazed at how well we both tolerate it! We're talking a mom here that prior to November 2004 had no clue kidney failure was just around the corner for her. I had no nursing skills prior. On December 24th she & I were on our way back to the coast from the hospital to hook her up to this machine the dialysis center had put in the back of our Envoy.

Every night now mom hooks her up. It's been 4 months now with no infection. I'm looking forward to the transplant because the machine only gives her 10% of what a real kidney gives but it's enough to keep her alive. I love that machine for now! But I'm looking forward to our freedom from it as well!

I just last week completed the first all day transplant class where they lightly touched on the meds. Now I'm dreading them more than the actual transplant! One thing is for certain however, I won't forget the meds, for I never want her to have to face kidney failure again~

It's our hope her biological dad (my ex-husband) will be compatible since I'm her primary care give and definite 'side kick'. We'll know in a few more days. If their blood cells clash I've been typed and will be next in line.

I appreciate you taking the time to give her (and me) a thumbs up on it all!

S~

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chris8161 WTG. [:D] [:D]

Carolina-Girl, nice to "meet" you and Audrey.
    Hope you don't mind if a few prayers are sent you way.

• BlckhrnBlckhrn Member Posts: 5,136
    edited November -1
    Carolina Girl.

Hope all goes well with the surgery.
    ThroughAnUncomfortableTimell.jpg

If you reply to this post with a quote you will see [ img ] (your URL) [ / img ] (only without spaces between brackets. All you need to do is type in the brackets on either end of your URL.

york.bmp"No taxation without representation, Join the NRA"
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by Blckhrn
    Carolina Girl.

Hope all goes well with the surgery.

If you reply to this post with a quote you will see [ img ] (your URL) [ / img ] (only without spaces between brackets. All you need to do is type in the brackets on either end of your URL.

You mean.. like this?
    TIMEFORALITTLEKARAKOKEll.jpg

OMG.. TOO KEWL! Hey, Thanks![;)]

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    Chris8161 WTG. [:D] [:D]

Carolina-Girl, nice to "meet" you and Audrey.
    Hope you don't mind if a few prayers are sent you way.

Not at all~! Thanks Much!
  • BlckhrnBlckhrn Member Posts: 5,136
    edited November -1
    My pleasure, for consideration on a flint Kentucky or Pennsylvania long rifle, that is.

Well done.

york.bmp"No taxation without representation, Join the NRA"
    edited November -1
    Hi Ya'll~!

Just dropping by to tell you Audrey & I recieved the Anne Murray give-away CD from Chris8161 & You today. It is SO special to us!

I especially appreciate your generosity in allowing Audrey to win.

Everytime it's played we're going to think of you and how wonderful you were in your support of Audrey's situation.

Thanks Much-

I'll keep you posted on her progress.

Huge Smiles & Hugs~

Suzie & Audrey