In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Football Season Almost Here!!!!

HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
edited July 2006 in General Discussion
Dolphins coach too busy for President?

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) - When the White House called with an invitation to dine with President Bush, Dan Marino took it. But the coach of his former team said no.

Miami Dolphins coach Nick Saban said Monday that his obligations at training camp took priority over a chance to meet the president.
"It was really a tough decision," Saban said. "I feel like my first responsibility is our team. That in no way disrespects the importance of the opportunity I would have loved to have had to spend dinner with the President."

The invitation was for dinner with Bush on Sunday night at Joe's Stone Crabs, a landmark Miami Beach restaurant. Marino, a former Dolphins quarterback and an NFL Hall of Famer, did attend, Bush said in a speech Monday.

Several Dolphins players said they weren't surprised that Saban put his team ahead of the president.

"We all know Nick is serious about what we're doing here and is committed to it," defensive end Jason Taylor said.

GO 'FINS!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    jimkanejimkane Member Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know a guy who is on the Dolfins, Joe Berger, he is my brother's ex-fiance's brother. Apparently he wasn't invited.
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jimkane
    I know a guy who is on the Dolfins, Joe Berger, he is my brother's ex-fiance's brother. Apparently he wasn't invited.

I know a guy that was not invited either. Don
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw the headline and thought "Dang this moron does more than surf the internet for articles bashing the president. Maybe this isn't a C&P. Maybe Hairy has an original thought. Maybe there is a little depth to Hairy."

Boy, was I wrong.
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Captplaid
    Maybe there is little depth to Hairy."

Yep, Don.
  • Options
    dolfandolfan Member Posts: 4,159
    edited November -1
    I didn't know Hairy was a Fins fan.[:0]
    He ain't such a bad guy after all.

I wasn't invited either, but sure was caught in a heck of a traffic jam trying to leave Miami Beach on my way home. Hope Bush enjoyed his stone crab meal. I got heartburn sitting in traffic.