In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NeoBlackdog & dpmule

Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
edited April 2017 in General Discussion
Is this roughly the route you fellas were talking about? From Bend/Redmond area to Lewiston to Butte.

IMG_20170430_153648433_HDR_zpsbf8ahguk.jpg

IMG_20170430_153714659_zpslpvy4u46.jpg

Jon

Comments

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's it, from Bend to Lewiston. I can't speak on the Lewiston to Butte section as I've never been over that road before. Be sure and get in touch with me before you hit La Grande and we can meet up!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog
    That's it, from Bend to Lewiston. I can't speak on the Lewiston to Butte section as I've never been over that road before. Be sure and get in touch with me before you hit La Grande and we can meet up!

Sounds good!

Jon
  • Options
    dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's it, you'll enjoy it from La Grande to Dillon.

There is another little side channel trip I might suggest, from Livingston to Gardner, to Cooke City to Red Lodge to Laurel/Billings. Takes you up the Yellowstone valley through the Lamar valley in the Park (YNP) out the Silver gate to Cooke city and over Beartooth pass to Red Lodge and then onto Laurel /Billings. Great Scenery.

Mule
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Once you leave Prineville Jon make sure you stop by the painted hills part of the john day fossil beds national monument. It's not very far off of 26, and is worth the stop to see and stretch your legs. It's about 100 miles east of P-ville before you get to Mitchell.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by toad67
    Once you leave Prineville Jon make sure you stop by the painted hills part of the john day fossil beds national monument. It's not very far off of 26, and is worth the stop to see and stretch your legs. It's about 100 miles east of P-ville before you get to Mitchell.

Good point, Toad. If you can time it so you're there at first light it is absolutely spectacular.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dpmule
    That's it, you'll enjoy it from La Grande to Dillon.

There is another little side channel trip I might suggest, from Livingston to Gardner, to Cooke City to Red Lodge to Laurel/Billings. Takes you up the Yellowstone valley through the Lamar valley in the Park (YNP) out the Silver gate to Cooke city and over Beartooth pass to Red Lodge and then onto Laurel /Billings. Great Scenery.

Mule

Cool, thanks! I will look into that route as well.

I showed the wife the 1st route you were telling me about and she said, "Looks good to me." [:)]

Jon
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog
    quote:Originally posted by toad67

Good point, Toad. If you can time it so you're there at first light it is absolutely spectacular.

Thanks guys!

Are there any neat little dinners or places to stop in and grab food on the way through? We both like trying different places that may not be "on the map", but are a diamond in the rough when it comes to food.

We are packing some stuff to make sandwiches, chips, soda, and water.....so we can save some money that way, but I'm sure we will stop and eat at least a few times.

Jon