In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

S&W Question

Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Does having the original blue box, papers, and cleaning kit add significantly to the value of S&W revolver? Also, what does 'recessed cylinder' mean? This is in regards to a model 681.

Comments

• Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did S&W produce any Model 66-4 with Model 66-5 cylinder latches?
    edited November -1
    Was at the local hardware store this past weekend and happened to come across a beautiful looking like-new S&W .44 Mag. The tag said it was a "Deer Hunter". Can't remember the model(if it even said), but it had a 8" bbl. and light wood grips. Could anybody give me any information on this? I may get a chance to go back tomorrow and look, but wanted to see if I could find any info on it first, like reviews, model, value, etc. Normally not looking to spend that much on something like that, but I currently have no S&W guns, have been wanting a .44 Mag, and this one really caught my eye.

Jon
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jon, if its blue its a model 29 if its stainless its a model 629, if it has a full under lug it is from their "classic series". S&W in recent years has made runs of guns they felt they needed to "name", I've got a S&W 686 .357mag 4" and its a great gun. The S&W 44mag is on the N frame and some say it is "weak" I say if the price is right go for it.
    edited November -1
    It is stainless with full lug. From the info you gave me and what I have found, I am 99% sure it is a 629 Classic Hunter. Thanks reloader.

Jon
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    no problem...[:D]
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    What did they want for it?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by matwor
    What did they want for it?

Whats a reasonable price?[:I]

He had $699 on the sticker and told me he could knock some off because I buy everything(from guns & ammo to paint and various supplies) there. Most of them seem fairly high on the auction side, but not a lot of bids on them either, so it's hard to get a price off of that.

Jon