In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Think You're Fast?

TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
edited April 2005 in General Discussion
Keep in mind that this is a revolver!
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/speedshooter.wmv

7_2_120.gif
"Aim small, Miss small"

Comments

• Options
    ironjohn929ironjohn929 Member Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think I could even get that fast with an auto. To much time needed for the slide to chamber. I think it can be done with that revolver because in a revolver, it is all direct linkage to make the action work. Either way, that is one fast man!!!

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference...The Marines don't have that problem" Ronald Reagan
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I taught him well. [:D] I agree with ironjohn, I couldn't do that with a machinegun.

01USNoff.bmp02USNesws.jpg03CWO3USN.jpg04USNal.jpg05USNfra.jpg06USNnra.jpg07USNvssa.jpg
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    ironjohn929ironjohn929 Member Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually, if he's shooting 8 rounds in 1 second, then I believe he's almost shooting the cyclic rate of an M-16 @500 rounds per minute. Not that he could continue that rate for a minute, but fast none the less!

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference...The Marines don't have that problem" Ronald Reagan
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Watch how fast he does the reload! When I was trying to pause the video, he got two shots off in between my mouse double click!!!

7_2_120.gif
    "Aim small, Miss small"
  • Options
    needmygunsneedmyguns Member Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AWSOME

JESUS SAVES
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,378 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    That dude be quick for sure!

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Actually, if he's shooting 8 rounds in 1 second, then I believe he's almost shooting the cyclic rate of an M-16 @500 rounds per minute. Not that he could continue that rate for a minute, but fast none the less!

Actually he did, it was another world record, he had ten guns lined up went down the line firing them, on his third attempt he fired them all in 57 seconds

His cyclic rate {called a split} is 7.5/100th seconds, most master can draw fire six rounds in less than 1.4 seconds, in his attempt he is not drawing, and for you guys that do not know his speed loaders are moon clips, but no matter how you put it he holds several world records with a revolver, and competes against world champions who use autos
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Wow!

Eric

All American Arms Company

www.galleryofguns.com
    VIP Code: AAAC

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • Options
    BlckhrnBlckhrn Member Posts: 5,136
    edited November -1
    I doubt I'd even get the rounds lined up reloading in 2 secs

york.bmp"No taxation without representation, Join the NRA"
  • Options
    MRBEANMRBEAN Member Posts: 562 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It just further proves the old adage, "practice makes perfect." Dedication, determination, persistence, etc.

bean.gifTo the rich, everything is a neccessity. To the poor, everything is a luxury
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I had the privlege to shoot with Rob Leathem at a speed steel match one time. This was aloooong time ago when arthritis and bad eyes hadn't caught up to me yet. My best time was about 3.5 seconds with a very specialized( and expensive) .45 Longslide that did most of the work for you.
    After Rob shot the 1st round, and after I stood there with my mouth hanging open, I realized I better stay on the porch with the little dogs where it was safe![:D]
    BTW...Thats Jerry Miculek shooting light .38 special loads in a custom S&W.

7_2_120.gif
    "Aim small, Miss small"
  • Options
    greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    I am still in awe of how fast he reloads!

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    Jerry Miculek. S&W demo shooter and Steel Challenge champ. How about 8 on 4 targets. Wouldn't want to be on the other end of that. He also has his own grips and special design Ar-15 compensator. The guy is amazing.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun.
  • Options
    littlema_3littlema_3 Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WOW! thats fast.[:D]

Mel

This Too Will Pass
  • Options
    IndyhunterIndyhunter Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1