In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Reckon Sears doesn't need to sell them

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
Ordered new tires for the truck on the 14th. They billed my visa card. Promised them by friday three days later. 17 days later no friggin tires. I told them to stuff it and called and canceled the visa bill.

Comments

• Options
    GONESHOOTINGGONESHOOTING Member Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And you wonder why they are going out of business?[xx(]
  • Options
    pogybatepogybate Member Posts: 3,150
    edited November -1
    Lot of compitition out there, Sears used to be the only show in town. I liked Sears, shopped there for years, times are changing.
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    after my last two adventures with Sears I wouldn't return if they paid ME!
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not sure- In my town, got Sears on one side of the street, Goodyear on the other. Bidding on prices and quality of service are about equal.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,996 ******
    edited November -1
    ...well,this explains the cement blocks then,,[;)][;)][:D][:D]
  • Options
    SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are trying to run a business model that does not carry inventory.
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last 3 sets of tires I bought came from tirebuyer.com . delivery to my door was included in the shown price which was about 15% below Wal-Mart and I have a shop up the road that will mount and balance them for me at $12 a pop tax included
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sharpshooter039
    Last 3 sets of tires I bought came from tirebuyer.com . delivery to my door was included in the shown price which was about 15% below Wal-Mart and I have a shop up the road that will mount and balance them for me at $12 a pop tax included

Thanks, just seen some Firestone transforce ht's for 167 each with free shipping. Will order some next week. Firestone dealer wanted 875 for 4 balance and mounting included. I can get them mounted and balanced locally for 10 apiece.
  • Options
    SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I buy from Costco. They have a fantastic treadwear/damage warranty.
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hard to find anyone who will mount and balance somoneone elses tires for $12.
  • Options
    Oso2142Oso2142 Member Posts: 2,940
    edited November -1
    I just had a problem with Sears and sheets. I couldn't get them to send the whole order --- and CS couldn't figure out what had been shipped. It was a nightmare!

Finally, we cancelled the rest of the order, and I'm not too sure if I'll do business with them, again.

It's sad to see Sears go down the drain, but they are going down the drain, and that, I'm sure of.

If you don't have the ability to know what's going on, from one department, to another, you have some serious issues.

I firmly believe that Sears hasn't the money to invest in new computers, nor the software, needed to do business, in today's business environment.
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Times are changing, I have a very old Sears Magazine that belonged to my great Grandmother. They were the jack of all trades, they sold indoor toilets,guns,beds, You name it they had it.
  • Options
    BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was a kid dad refused to go in sears, thru a fit if mom went in there.

Before my time he and mom were cutting wood to sell with a cross cut saw after cotton picking was done. Got a little money ahead and dad decided to buy a chansaw.
    Went to Sears money in hand and they high pressure clerk convinced him to open a charge account for the saw that was ordered. Dad naturally spent the money elswhere. Next week he went to pick up the saw only to find they had turned him down because he had no credit history.
    Money spent, he had to continue to use the crosscut till he had the money to buy a saw. Not a Sears, he would not even go in the store.
  • Options
    bartman45bartman45 Member Posts: 3,008 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll stick with Michelin.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bartman45

By name only... they don't wear or act any better than a Firestone. I have 6 of them on now.
  • Options
    Jayhawk2218Jayhawk2218 Member Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BGHillbilly
    When I was a kid dad refused to go in sears, thru a fit if mom went in there.

Before my time he and mom were cutting wood to sell with a cross cut saw after cotton picking was done. Got a little money ahead and dad decided to buy a chansaw.
    Went to Sears money in hand and they high pressure clerk convinced him to open a charge account for the saw that was ordered. Dad naturally spent the money elswhere. Next week he went to pick up the saw only to find they had turned him down because he had no credit history.
    Money spent, he had to continue to use the crosscut till he had the money to buy a saw. Not a Sears, he would not even go in the store.

Trying to figure out how it's Sears fault.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sears was the place to go in the early seventies. I was doing carpentry and we bought all our tools there, Skilsaws, extension cords etc. Sears sold the best tools you could buy.

Also Sears Craftsmen socket sets were the gold standard, with a lifetime warranty. Home Depot and Lowes didn't exist.
  • Options
    Leeroy JenkinsLeeroy Jenkins Member Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sears went to pot when they began making more money through their financing division, than through their retail sales. Their focus shifted.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    Sears was the place to go in the early seventies. I was doing carpentry and we bought all our tools there, Skilsaws, extension cords etc. Sears sold the best tools you could buy.

Also Sears Craftsmen socket sets were the gold standard, with a lifetime warranty. Home Depot and Lowes didn't exist.

I still use my Dads Craftsmen tools. They will outlive me.
  • Options
    bartman45bartman45 Member Posts: 3,008 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    quote:Originally posted by bartman45

By name only... they don't wear or act any better than a Firestone. I have 6 of them on now.

Firestone is THE winner..........in number of tires ever recalled by any tire manufacturer. As Homer would say......"Dooough!"
  • Options
    c133c133 Member Posts: 608 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Waaay back in the early 1980's, I bought a 50' rubber garden hose from Sears. Guaranteed for life. So far, they have replaced the hose 3 times at no cost. Can't beat that!!!!! Guess I'll never have to buy a new hose again. :):):)