In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New Toy

mango tangomango tango Member Posts: 3,833 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I just bought a NIB Caldwell Lead Sled for 92 bucks. Was that a good deal?

Comments

• mango tangomango tango Member Posts: 3,833 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always wanted a Henry Golden Boy and i always wanted a .17 HMR rifle, so now i have the best of both worlds, a Golden Boy in .17 HMR!

Just picked it up today!
    edited November -1
    20150928_120544_zpsxenedv2d.jpg

Got some cash for 20yr's of service at work this weekend at our annual company retreat. So went toy shopping. Always wanted one of these but never needed one and they aren't cheap. Walked into my lgs and he had this used (if at all I'd be suprised cuz it was super clean.) $325 plus tax. It's a Bond Arms Texas Defender in 9mm.
    edited November -1
    Since I am in the works of finally getting the CMMG lower I want. I might sell the other 2 lowers I have and build one good rifle. what would this be worthminus the stock and mag?

Picture036.jpg

Picture037.jpg
    edited November -1
    pick this little 22 up today for a whooping 150.00 came with two mag's a 25rd and a 30rd

IMG955568.jpg
    edited November -1
    Was looking for a blued Marlin 1895 in 45-70 with a 22" barrel but this came across my lap and I couldn't refuse. 1895 Stainless Guide Gun 45-70 unfired in box. Buddy's friend won it in a $25 raffle and had no use for it and needed some cash. I gladly relieved him of it for $450. He thought it was great that he profited $425 and I thought it was great I got it for way below MSRP. Wasn't exactly what I wanted, but couldn't pass up the steal, I mean deal.

[imgKNYFCk.jpg][/img]
    edited November -1
    Smith & Wesson Jerry Miculek Signature Model 929 Performance Center 9mm Revolver, I added the Jerry Miculek grips. Bought right here on GunBroker.

IMG_0299_zpsaxnf6lcg.jpg
    edited November -1
    Found a new toy today. The local smith brought out a Remington XP100R in .223 that had been made into a rifle. It has a synthetic stock, 2 inch muzzle brake, and a very nice trigger in it. Also on the shelf in the "used" section found a nice weaver 4X16X42. All in all, I am looking forward to going to the range tomorrow.

1 Cross + 3 Nails= 4given
    edited November -1
    20141004_173844_zps02f1255c.jpg
    G26..Eat your hearts out Glock haters![:D]
    edited November -1
    Trying to catch a few hogs. They are tearing up the groves. Don

IMG_0453_zps27hb1wcd.jpg

The camera in the second pic is linked by phone to the gate. You release the gate when you see the hogs in the pen.

IMG_0455_zpsjbyqp86v.jpg
    edited November -1
    I went to the Tampa gun show last weekend on Sunday and I found a guy selling the sightmark photon 6.5x50L night vision scopes . He gave me a real good deal on the scope and quick detach base. I mounted it up this morning on a radical arms AR in 300 blackout for some night time hog hunting in my future. Looks like it's going to be fun once I figure out how to use it. I tried it tonight after I got up but for some reason it wasn't working just right for me. I realized afterwards that I had turned the scope on but not the illuminator, oh well.
    edited November -1
    Have no clue how to work imgur so bare with me [:D]. Pic of my new toy
    Atn 5-20 x-sight 2

[url] Atn https://imgur.com/a/BVOQ9/url][/url]
    edited November -1
    traded off my little taurus mod85 for this m&p ar15-22
    IMG_20150907_090438959_zpsgafpp79z.jpg
    edited November -1
    Picking up my new FN 5.7 tomorrow!

Here is a pic and discription of it. I will post shooting results after I try it out at the range! I know that the uses of this pistol are limited, but I really like the design and the round is interesting to me.

http://remtek.com/arms/fn/57/

I am also picking up a brand new OD G21 for duty use. My old G21 is a second generation and does not have the rails for the light. I may sell the old G21 on GB for about $300.00 if there is any interest. If any of you recall, I painted the upper slide in Duracote (tan). I may sand it down again and refinish it in black if there is no interest.
    edited November -1
    sorry to make you jealous
    but here is my 357 pistol pak
    Picture003-1.jpg
    and here is my 44 pistol pak
    danwesson.jpg
    edited November -1
    This arrived last week (while I was hunting in NM) but I just found a decent picture to post

Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem.Semper Fidelis
    edited November -1
    Ok folks I worked a deal on this 357 and got it for 225.00 shipping and all
    did I do ok

Taz
    ps it shots great
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=55728123
    edited November -1
    look what followed me home
    STI frame
    Caspian top end

100_0673.jpg
    edited November -1
    New toy. Wby vanguarg in 300 Wby mag, 80 rounds through it. I put the scope on. I bet this thing would kick like a mule without this recoil absorbing stock. only problem is, even though there is little felt recoil, this thing whips like a sum *****!!!! Will have to learn this thing.
    NCM_0092_zpsf38d430a.jpg
    edited November -1
    Image006.jpg
    37" Sharp Aquos LCD HDTV . Got it hung on the wall and it really opens up my small living room.[:D]

Image005.jpg
    edited November -1
    Bought me a DPMS AP4 LR-308 carbine yesterday at the show in Marietta,
    Now, need to scope it any ideas? The dealer sells the EOtech and with the magnifier it would be about 900 bucks. Have always used iron sights and know nothing about scopes. Going to try and make it to the range today to get the iron sights dialed in.Any recommendations?
    edited November -1
    Wife got me a H & R ultra in 308 today Nice looking stock, put a vari X II 3x9 on it and waiting to shoot it. Anyone, hows the accuracy for this rifle ?
    ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
    edited November -1
    i picked up an M1 garand yesterday, took it for a spin today.shoots very well for a 1951 made gun.everything is springfield except the operating rod thats H&R. now all i have to do is learn how to post a pic. i'm not computer illiterate i'm technicly challenged.
    edited November -1
    I found this used 4x4 this week and just went and got it to go hunting with next weekend. Its a monster. Its a 2006 4X4 POLARIS 700 EFI.

100_2056.jpg

100_2059.jpg

100_2062.jpg

100_2063.jpg
    edited November -1
    traded off the lone eagle
    for a all day plinker
    Picture007.jpg
    Picture008.jpg
    edited November -1
    I just traded into a Vulcan 44 magnum Pump carbine. It is slick with great wood and 1X5 rd magazine. Does anyone know where I can pick up more mags for this prize?
    She shoots great less recoil than my Marlin carbine.
    Found the mags at Numerich 30.00 ea.
    edited November -1
    Browning BuckMark, It is so nice, I love it, I wish Browning made a
    pistol version of this gun, same action barrel but no butt stock.
    But I do Love it.
    buckmark.jpg
    edited November -1
    Wife sent me for potting plants today. My favorite gun shop is in the same town. Thought I would just look and see what was new. Came home with the plants and a Colt Junior in .22 short. Guy had left it on consignment and price was right. Took it out and shot it this evening and was amazed. Hit a can 3x out of six at about 50 feet. Wife even likes it - said if we ever got to carry it would be great for her purse. Neat little gun - anyone else have one? -Don

When they pry it from my cold dead fingers.
    Parsons.gif
    edited November -1
    After Three (3) years, yes three! Last week I bought a 1895 Cowboy 45-70[:D].
    Already went to the range.
    Turns big things into MANY little things; pumpkins, watermelons, gallon water jugs... [:p]
    Amazing what a 360gr bullet does to objects.
    Love the new toy, wife is even a little impressed, so are her two (2) boys. Been taking them to the range with me. Teaching the oldest about reloading[:)] trying to keep the art of reloading going. He might even be as good as me in ten or twenty years (bragging just a little).
    Hope everyones week was a good as mine!

travrler.
    edited November -1
    Installed a matchweight (new in wrapper shipped for $162.50 off ebay)on my old USP

DSCN0505.jpg

I have a match trigger on order, and a Jarvis 6.02" ported barrel is being cut. I woun't be shooting it with the weight on and the short barrel, but just had to post it cause I'm so thrilled with the deal on the weight.
    edited November -1
    My new toy that I picked up yesterday. Watch out caribou.[:)]

http://www.polarisindustries.com/product/specs.asp?contentid=03SNOTWOXSPORTTOURING

AlleninAlaska

http://www.outdoor-o-rama.com

He who dares not offend cannot be honest.
    -- Thomas Paine
    edited November -1
    i just got my bond derringer 45 long colt/410. tried it with remington 1/2 oz. shot # 6. at 21 feet on a 13 x 15"target and placed 34 pellets. same size target at 12' placed 70 pellets. i want to try #4 shot and slugs as well as the 45 long colt. believe it or not no recoil
    edited November -1
    Got a new toy today. A guy in spokane was hurting for some cash and he had up for sale a Carl Gustaf 1915 model 96 Swedish mauser carbine. I think it has been redone but she is in mint condition and absolutely all matching numbered. The bore is in excellent condition as is all of the rifle. He was asking $450 but I ended up getting it for $375. I think I did good.

20kdpx4.jpg

1915_Swedish_Mauser.jpg

Swedish_Mauser.jpg

vd003b.jpg

k4xpxg.jpg
    edited November -1
    picked up one of these for my smith .40F...
    [urlhttp://www.nightvisionsales.com/product_info.php/cPath/42_70/products_id/246[/url]
    idiot ordered the wrong one and didnt want to call/write for an exchange from wherever he got it, my gain cause i picked it up for $175 and dropped it in in about 5 min!!
    looks and functions great, cant wait for a chance at range time to check accuracy!

(sorry posted without the link first time)
    edited November -1
    I could not send it away,
    they follow you home, what are you
    going to do turn them away?
    I cant turn my back on a wayward soul.
    springfield002.jpg
    edited November -1
    picked up my 10-22.

was able to find a 10/22T that fit my wants perfectly. Now all I need is some glass and i will be ready for the spring shooting weather.

416971_366541386702970_100000413347324_1268751_704921795_n.jpg

This one shows the nice spiral of the hammer forged barrel
    424025_366542933369482_100000413347324_1268761_2038138403_n.jpg
    edited November -1
    hey guys I just got my new toy in yesterday
    aa ruger mod 77 30-06 with the tang safty I will have to finsh the stock out the guy i got it from had started redoing it.
    I am going to site it in sunday and il let yall know how it shoots
    got it right here on gb and a hell of a deal 277.00 to my door.

Taz

untitled.jpg
    edited November -1
    Well I just picked up another good one at my favorite local gun shop. Anyone know what these are selling for now days?

DSC06017.jpg

I found a Thompson 1927a3 that was made in 1980 based on serial number. This thing was very dirty so I was worried about it running. Dealer ran a mag thought it out in the bullet trap. I took it home and fired a mag and could not figure out why I could not hit anything.

I took it home and started cleaning it up since it was so dirty. I have not noticed that the
    Cutts was plugged up. Well 2 of the slots were completely plugged and had a cone shape in the direction of bullet travel. I pulled the compensator which was so plugged that I am shocked the bullets were actually making it through. With a chisel and hammer I went to town on the lead build up. Of the lead I could recover I got 275 grs, I am guessing there was closer to 300 grs total.

The only real problem with this gun is the finish on the bbl is wearing off. It is not scratched, or flaking but is just discolored for some reason. This gun is very light and I am guessing most of it is made of aluminum. Is there any good way to fix this. I am not sure if I want to refinish this gun since only about 4500 were ever made.

DSC06020.jpg

DSC06027.jpg
    edited November -1
    Just picked it up this weekend. It is SWEET!

Beretta Laramie (S&W New No.3 reproduction)

http://www.beretta.com/index.aspx?m=74&idc=2&ids=58

The only real guns are wheel guns!
    edited November -1
    Hope this works
    ok guys tell what you think about my new toy.I think I got a good deal on what you all think.

[url]ttp://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=38438159[/url]
    Taz
    edited November -1
    Well, Momma let me buy my own Christmas gift this year so I'm the proud owner of a Suomi SMG kit, a Yugo AK47 kit, and a Romanian AK47 kit.
    The Romanian looks like it's never even had a round chambered. Not even a scratch on the bolt or rails, with laminated stock.
    I just can't get enough of these. Kind of a disease, I guess.
    Now to start making receivers.
    [^]barto[^]

to disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.