In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

.50 Caliber Tank Rifle - Any Federal restricitions

blkpwdr52blkpwdr52 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
I have a Boyes .50 cal WWII anti-tank rifle. It's a bolt action. Is California the only state that outlaws .50's. I have someone in Massachusetts interested in buying it, but want to be sure I'm not violating any laws.
Michael

Comments

• quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    I would be very surprised if you could sell it to a person in Mass.. It is a commie state.. better check the mass state laws very carefully..
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by blkpwdr52
    I have a Boyes .50 cal WWII anti-tank rifle. It's a bolt action. Is California the only state that outlaws .50's. I have someone in Massachusetts interested in buying it, but want to be sure I'm not violating any laws.
    Michael

As you are not in Mass, you will need to go through a transfer dealer in Mass. Have the buyer verify the legality of the sale through his dealer, and confirm with the dealer prior to shipping.

edit: I do not believe there are any special Federal restrictions for .50 BMG Bolt Action Rifles.

What are you getting for it, if I may ask? I bought one a couple of years ago for around $ 2,700.00? I would have to check for the actual amount, but have never seen another one for sale, and was always curious what the value would be to someone else.

FWIW, I also special ordered a bunch of ammo that was set at about 5.26", as the standard M33 ball at 5.43" was too long for the Boyes mags. Returns the rifle to a mag fed instead of single shot rifle. If your buyer is interested, I got it from The Hunting Shack in Montana, but there may be a closer source for your buyer.

edit: btt
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele