In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Best rapid fire trigger out there???????

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited January 2006 in General Discussion
I'd like some feedback on different rapid fire triggers...is the Hell Fire trigger any good??? Are there any trigger accessories that work within the trigger gaurd, like a normal trigger? Thanks for any feedback!

Comments

• Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    your finger

my splits are at 15/100th of a second with a .45
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan
    your finger

my splits are at 15/100th of a second with a .45

My fingers don't move 15 times that fast! These are some old broken up carpenter hands.

...remind me not to piss you off in person[;)][:D]
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    sorry i wasn't thinking about possible physical abilities

hell fire's are a neat trick, but do take allot of ammo to get it correct, learning how to bump fire has the same effect, and can be done with a stiff finger and the same amount of ammo to learn it, then there is the bmf activator i do not know if they are still in biz, but it is a hand crank that fire three rounds per one revolution
  • Options
    IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    Hello Eric!!!!
    I got one of those semi Vector 7.62x39 RPD beltfeeds, its cool....

Anyway the trigger is, I would say under 2 pounds, and very touchie.

That sucker in the prone or bench postions, then pushing forward a lil bit on the back of the stack, will bump fire....super easy.

So I would say that a "Super Light" trigger, as in my case , works wonders.

When I take it to machinegun shoots, just about everyone things its a full autogun, but it aint.[:)]

I would say that its bump firing around 600-700rpm, and will empty a 100rd belt in about 9-10 seconds[:p][:p]

I like it!!!!

I also wondered about the "Hellfire", but think the crank would be a pain. I'm also intrested in the answers you get...

Happy New Year Y'all.....
    Walte
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    None of 'em work well enough to go to the expense &/or trouble.

Neal
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The best rapid fire trigger is the one found on any legal Class III full auto weapon. The rest of them waste time, money, cause your usable barrel life to evaporate like snow in Havana, and get you visits from government employees that work for agencies with initials.[;)]
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depending on the weapon, bump firing is the easiest way to go.
    Pretty simple to do it with the Ak but never got it to work with the Ar-15.

It's neat to see every now and then, but after you toss 50+ bucks downrange in a few minutes, it loses its appeal.
  • Options
    johalljohall Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i run the gat system on my 10/22 seems to work realy well. little crank handle the fires the gun three time for every one turn.. empties those 30 rnd clips in a hurry..even funner with a scope out gofer hunting. you can run them little shiits down..
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    LOL johall!
    Just got a mental image of little gofers, in Rambo drag, scurrying for cover under a hail of 22 bullets [:D]
  • Options
    HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 11b6r
    The best rapid fire trigger is the one found on any legal Class III full auto weapon. The rest of them waste time, money, cause your usable barrel life to evaporate like snow in Havana, and get you visits from government employees that work for agencies with initials.[;)]

And how does a legal Class III Full auto triggersystem NOT cause usable barrel lige to evaporate?

All rapidfire causes excess wear and tear on (or in) the barrels.

Personally, I like to adjust the trigger, so I can direct aimed shots - much in the manner of Bumpfiring.

1: Take a few dry testshots(no ammo in either magazine or chamber!!!), find out where the trigger "breaks" to release the shot and hold it there. This can take some practise-runs.

2: Find out how much you need to release the trigger, to allow the trigger to reset for a new shot. (There will usually be an audible "click" sound as you slowly releases)

3: Practise the "Shot/reset"-area of your trigger until you feel confident in it. Plan for expected recoil, make sure you got the grip.

4: In a safe direction on a range - or under controlled environments - try out a magasine with a few cartridges in it first. This way CAN run amok if you have no control or experience in stopping it.

Once you got this technique under control you can "Bumpfire" a shouldered rifle for aimed shots.
    You can "bumpfire" a semiauto pistol the same way.

Mind you though, that this is NOT actual "Bumpfiring".

What is known as "Bumpfiring", is where you bend your triggerfinger in a hook-like position, place it on the trigger and with the other hand pulls the gun forward and the stiff triggerfinger backward and lets the recoil do the rest.

That kind of firing leaves you with little control of the first few shots - if any control at all and can (if it's big caliber or light weapons) injure your finger.

My kind of "Bumpfiring" (Or finding the "Sweet spot" of the triggermechanism) uses experience and knowledge of triggermechanisms.

I have used the "Sweet spot"-technique on my Benelli Super Black Eagle, Winchester 1500 XTR European shotguns, used it on HK G3 (on semi) and HK 91, AR15, AR30, AK47, AK74, and various other semiauto rifles.

Have always been able to deliver aimed (From a shouldered weapon), controlled bursts or aimed sustained rapid fire - simply by mastering that technique.

You can learn to deliver deadly (if needed) aimed controlled bursts from your rifle as well, simply by learning that technique.

But do be aware though - that not all triggers handle well or can do this, but if it can - you're in for a surprise when you learn it.
  • Options
    johalljohall Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by thesupermonkey
    LOL johall!
    Just got a mental image of little gofers, in Rambo drag, scurrying for cover under a hail of 22 bullets [:D]

ohh man its funner then most people would think it is..i use to put one or two shots in front of them just to get them running. then just let loose.