In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

It sure ain't Minnesota!

spurgemasturspurgemastur Member Posts: 5,655 ✭✭
edited January 2008 in General Discussion
Here in eastern WA we've had about 14 inches of snow in the past 24 hours, most of which came before noon today.

Well, at 10AM they closed Washington State University and sent all but "essential" staff home....when the snow was falling hardest and the visibility lowest. Warm weather and the best effort I've ever seen by the city and county road maintenance crews have combined to make the roads in fairly good shape for driving.

We're supposed to get another storm front through in a few more hours, but it isn't supposed to drop more than a four inches of fresh snow. AND THEY'VE CLOSED THE UNIVERSITY TOMORROW, TOO!

Man, in Minneapolis there has to be about 24 inches of new snow, temps below zero and wind above 25mph before they even think about closing the University.

Comments

• Options
    MN HunterMN Hunter Member Posts: 2,299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    we havent had 24in of snow in YEARS [V][V][V]
  • Options
    spurgemasturspurgemastur Member Posts: 5,655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MN Hunter
    we havent had 24in of snow in YEARS [V][V][V]

That would explain why the University closed only once (9/11/2001) between 1992 and 2003. Probably hasn't closed since then, either.
  • Options
    ljwrenchljwrench Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    They called for a "dusting", maybe a little sleet, and some rain and they cancelled all of my daughter's extracurricular activities even though they don't expect anything before mid-night. I was working the PTO concession stand for the elementary boy's b-ball game and they cancelled it at 3:00. What a bunch of pansie's.