In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

kimbo slice

shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2008 in General Discussion
anyone who still thinks after tonight that he is any sort of legitmate mma fighter knows absolutly nothing about the sport. even fighting tomato cans he cant win decisively.

and i realize it is all marketing, but the announcers go wild everytime he did something simple announcing that he is legitimate, that is crap. the guy he fought had cauliflower ear(had it my whole life, hurts like hell but not a danger to the fighter/wrestler). then after he popped his ear the announcers talk about it messing with the other guys equalibreum, give me a f****** break.

cant wait till he gets a fight with someone decent. like i said in a post about two weeks ago, kimbo slices shelf life will be short!

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    found out what can happen when you step into the ring with pros

.14 1st round

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKndSApojAg&feature=related

slice is a real professional at the end {NOT}
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,837 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So it sounds like he won by decision or disqualification?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dave W.
    So it sounds like he won by decision or disqualification?

TKO
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good ole Kimbo could hardly breathe.. well after the fight had ended. I do think that had the fight continued another punch or two from Kimbo would have ended the fight in about 10 or 15 seconds after it was called. Kimbo has alot of work ahead of him. He was average at BEST in that fight. The whole TV scene reminded me of WWE.
  • Options
    SuburbanNoizeSuburbanNoize Member Posts: 10,142
    edited November -1
    If you guys are wanting to see a good fight, Look For the Urijah Faber and Jens Pulver fight, in the WEC league. I dont like Urijah Faber because he needs a haircut and hes from california, but hes the real deal.
  • Options
    Jeepgod2002Jeepgod2002 Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I liked the Gina Carano fight[:D] Was a little disappointed with the Kimbo Slice bout[V].
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jeepgod2002
    I liked the Gina Carano fight[:D] Was a little disappointed with the Kimbo Slice bout[V].
    yeah, she fought like a girl[;)]
  • Options
    goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    They were going to get Kimbo into MMA any way possible. They had to give him this win to get him into the WEC or the UFC. He will get pummeled if he gets into a real MMA fight.
    As far as Faber and Pulver, that will be a really good fight. Hope Pulver comes out victorious.
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    with proper training and body building, that man could be a beast. he took like 20 elbos to the head. most couldnt do that. he needs more help in aiming his blows when he is fatigued and his lower body could use some building up. i agree that he doesnt have the training, wich gives the indurance needed.
  • Options
    watrulookinatwatrulookinat Member Posts: 4,693
    edited November -1
    I watched the fight tonight with Kimbo The Black Mamba. I was not impressed with his performance tonight, though he is a giant of a man. But he came right into this from just being a street brawler. With the right people in his corner he might have a chance. He does have some heavy hands.
  • Options
    Jeepgod2002Jeepgod2002 Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did like the line that Frank Shamrock used to describe Kimbo...."He's just way too comfortable with violence" [B)]
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    Human Cock Fighting.
  • Options
    watrulookinatwatrulookinat Member Posts: 4,693
    edited November -1
    quote:Human Cock Fighting.
    [:0]How does that work? The one who has the biggest cock wins.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by watrulookinat
    quote:Human Cock Fighting.
    [:0]How does that work? The one who has the biggest cock wins.
    LMAO
  • Options
    elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    The whole show was worthless. Even the one good fight was stopped prematurely. The best punch of the night goes to Thompson when he hit the ref.

So Kimbo's record is now 3-0. 1 ko by I'm old and washed up, 1 submission by I got my check now lets go home, and now a ko by bloody ear. Good Lord that was painful to watch.
  • Options
    Spc FergusonSpc Ferguson Member Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kimbo is a street brawler and he would have been amazing back when ufc first started out. He would be a good boxer. But he is doing mma and it has evolved so much. I wouldnt even give him an average rating for mma. There are guys that know mma and just throw hands, then there are guys that the only thing they know is to throw hands. Kimbo is currently being trained by Bas Ruten so give him a lil bit and see what bas can do for him. But he has no ground game and has no idea what the hell brazilian jiu jitsu is. Its just another big name there tryin to get out there and draw attention to mma, just like Brock Lesnar, and look what frank mir did to him. And to the gentleman that said it was human cock fighting has obviously never fought or trained any type of martial arts.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,239 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kimbo is a big bad * but he has no ground game.
    Somebody is going to take him to ground and tie him up like a pretzel.
    I would have like to have seen him go against Royce Gracie in UFC 1, little 170 pound Gracie would have killed him.

What the hell is the deal with the white boy's ear? Looked like the Elephant Man.
    Can't the surgeon fix that, damn it was creepy to look at.
    One smack from Kimbo and it exploded like a blood filled water balloon.
  • Options
    Spc FergusonSpc Ferguson Member Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    Kimbo is a big bad * but he has no ground game.
    Somebody is going to take him to ground and tie him up like a pretzel.
    I would have like to have seen him go against Royce Gracie in UFC 1, little 170 pound Gracie would have killed him.

What the hell is the deal with the white boy's ear? Looked like the Elephant Man.
    Can't the surgeon fix that, damn it was creepy to look at.
    One smack from Kimbo and it exploded like a blood filled water balloon.

Gonna take a guess and say the dude had cauliflower ear. If any of you have ever grappled or wrestled alot with out a head gear on you will eventually get cauliflower ear. Alot of brazilian jiu jitsu guys get it. Its just blood in your ear. Ive had it before and most people will recommend you drain your ear before fighting. Ive seen it happen 3 or 4 times now were guys ears just explode. The way to drain it is take a needle shove it in the area and drain the blood out into the needle. There was a video on youtube of a fairly known fighter doing it.
  • Options
    tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gina kicked some serious butt, Kimbo would have passed out if the fight went another round.
  • Options
    MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tneff1969
    Gina kicked some serious butt, Kimbo would have passed out if the fight went another round.

That's for sure. While being interviewed after the fight he cut the interview short and told the reporter "I'm done" He didn't have enough energy left to speak let alone fight.
    Regards, MAALOX
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spc Ferguson
    Kimbo is a street brawler and he would have been amazing back when ufc first started out. He would be a good boxer. But he is doing mma and it has evolved so much. I wouldnt even give him an average rating for mma. There are guys that know mma and just throw hands, then there are guys that the only thing they know is to throw hands. Kimbo is currently being trained by Bas Ruten so give him a lil bit and see what bas can do for him. But he has no ground game and has no idea what the hell brazilian jiu jitsu is. Its just another big name there tryin to get out there and draw attention to mma, just like Brock Lesnar, and look what frank mir did to him. And to the gentleman that said it was human cock fighting has obviously never fought or trained any type of martial arts.

LOL I was just repeating what I read a female reporter say in yesterdays paper.
    I thought it was funny and just threw it out there to see what you alls response to that would be.
  • Options
    MN HunterMN Hunter Member Posts: 2,299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    it was the absolute worst show i've ever seen. remind anyone of WWF wrestling? what a joke. you got good ole busta rhymez though! [B)][B)]

i'll stick to paying $50 to watch actual fighters...not washed up has beens.
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Kimbo Slice?

Sounds like a soft drink...
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jeepgod2002

She's brutal and hot!
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MN Hunter
    it was the absolute worst show i've ever seen. remind anyone of WWF wrestling? what a joke. you got good ole busta rhymez though! [B)][B)]

i'll stick to paying $50 to watch actual fighters...not washed up has beens.

Ahhh, Scott and Robbie put on a good show.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.