In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

where would someone buy a military funeral flag

sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
My Father-in-law passed away a couple months back, He was a vet and they had the honor guard there and gave the mother in law the flag,,,Now the problem,, one of the Grandsons is a just dogging the hell out of the mother-in-law for the flag, he is a nut, was thrown out of the Army about a year ago, never even made it through boot, He is 6'3 and a flaming fag and made sure he told everyone just to try out the dont ask, dont tell rule..Anyway,Mother-in-law does not want him to have the flag, she wants to keep it until she passes and then has another grandchild she wants to have it..She has told the nut this,,he calls everyday harrasing her and telling her the only reason she will not give him the flag is because he is queer. He is out in the land of the fruits and nuts or I would just go slap him, Anyway she wants me to buy another flag,she is going to send it out to him and just keep the real one,he will never know and it will make him leave her alone. I called him about his treatment of his grandmother and he had the police pay me a visit talking about me threating him and they warned me I could be charged with a hate crime because he is Gay.

Comments

• Options
    D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    Post his phone # we'll all give him a call and advise him of the err of his ways.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Post his phone # we'll all give him a call and advise him of the err of his ways
    You honestly would not want to do that,we all call him a professonial homosexual.he is in his mid 20's,never held a job for more than a few months and has a crew of lawyers on speed dial,everytime he gets broke,he cleans up and finds a job,after a couple weeks he starts his junk like showing up to work in hot pants,,when they fire him he files a lawsuit claiming they only fired him because he is gay,,they will pay him off and he is good to go until he starts getting low on money again. he lives to find someone to sue . I know he once got a construction co. in Texas for a 1/4 million for fireing him and he claimed descrimination,thats how he got the money to move to California
  • Options
    BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    quote:they warned me I could be charged with a hate crime because he is Gay.

"Officer, I didn't beat his * cause he is a rope smoker, I beat his * cause he is an jerk."

A quick Google search got me about 15 places to buy them.

Here is one:

http://www.flagstuff.com/american-flags/casket/index.html?gclid=CP_QqOyK6Z0CFchn5QodA37BLg
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    she needs to slap a restraining order on him for harassment..tape & document then the fag can't threaten her with tiddlywinks crime bill...he's got some hidden agenda on this flag deal ????
  • Options
    The Ultimate InfidelThe Ultimate Infidel Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like he needs a visit and a one way trip to hell, not a phone call.
  • Options
    PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I keep sayin the gene pool needs more chlorine.
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Medals Of America has graveside flags, and here's the thing:

You can get it already encased in a tri-angular mahogany case, with a glass front! That should satisfy the little Quack! <--not what I wanted to type, believe me[:0]

Best, Joe
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by D1
    Post his phone # we'll all give him a call and advise him of the err of his ways.

AMEN Brother D1!!!

I ain't afraid no Fag...
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by givette
    Medals Of America has graveside flags, and here's the thing:

You can get it already encased in a tri-angular mahogany case, with a glass front! That should satisfy the little Quack! <--not what I wanted to type, believe me[:0]

Best, Joe

Although I normally practice what I preach... You're a better man than I... Don't think I could hold my tongue or type...

I'd send it to him AND tell him he's a quack amongst other things...
  • Options
    dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    notify the local veterans support group about what he`s doing, they might get someone to pay him a visit when it`s quiet and they might have a "word[;)]" to him and get him to see what a horrible mistake he`s made by harrasing his grand mother[}:)]

either that or get her to tell him that she`s given it to you...i`m sure you would be abl to deal with him[^]
  • Options
    4627046270 Member Posts: 12,627
    edited November -1
    please post his phone number, please. I well call him
  • Options
    dongilldongill Member Posts: 2,640
    edited November -1
    She should call the American Legion!
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 46270

Their's a pay phone up on the corner, it'd be worth it to call him some choice names, threaten him and tell him if he messes with Grammaw again, he's gonna have a visitor in the night, and it ain't gonna be from his HOMO boyfriend neither![:(!]
  • Options
    chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just say no. It has nothing to do with homosexulity. He dosn't rate owning that flag if anyone in the family, including inlaws, did complete their military service. Grandma needs to get the restraining order and get some lawyers on speed dial herself. If she wins a lawsuit with grandson then if he ever wins another frivilous lawsuit later she would be in line to collect. It might help him grow up.
  • Options
    dfoglekydfogleky Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can order one from Spartacraft or Carrot Top Industries. I order flag cases or the funeral home from these places all the time.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys,She is 76yrs old and came to live with us after father in law passed, they had been married 53yrs. She just does not need the hassle. I am just going to buy a flag,send it to him and be done with it.He will never know until after she passes and then I will tell him I have the real one and watch him scream . I found a few places online to buy one,It will be worth the 100 bucks just to make him go away and be worth another 1000 when I get to tell him he does not have the real flag
  • Options
    swearengineswearengine Member Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can buy the proper size flag for $41.00 online, maybe even cheaper, I did not check it out that closely.

If you spent several hundred dollars, you could purchase a flag for every grandchild, who would know? The flag is only a symbol.

It is not about the flag. This kid did not get his tank filled and wants some attention and he thinks this is the way to get it. The same with his professed homosexuality. And by telling us and every one you know you are fulfilling his need for attention.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:And by telling us and every one you know you are fulfilling his need for attention.
    Well if you knew who he is or for that matter who I am you might be right,as it is,I am not giving him attention but it sounds like you might want to,,maybe you and he are already friends,,as far as the flag we have a great member on this forum who is sending me a flag to send him and he just does not know how much I appreciate it,,if you read this,,,thanks again,,I was going to order one in the morning but you just saved me a ton of hassel because I know the one you are sending is one he will not know the difference until I want him too
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sharpshooter039
    quote:And by telling us and every one you know you are fulfilling his need for attention.
    Well if you knew who he is or for that matter who I am you might be right,as it is,I am not giving him attention but it sounds like you might want to,,maybe you and he are already friends,,as far as the flag we have a great member on this forum who is sending me a flag to send him and he just does not know how much I appreciate it,,if you read this,,,thanks again,,I was going to order one in the morning but you just saved me a ton of hassel because I know the one you are sending is one he will not know the difference until I want him too

How quickly the unintelligent denigrate to innuendo.

I never said I knew him or you. I said the kid never got his tank filled. That means he feels he was not paid enough attention when he was younger. Nothing more, nothing less.

He wants attention now and by professing that he is gay, you and the rest of your family bringing that item to the forefront of attention give him what he will perceive as his rightfully earned attention that he lacked as a child.

I am glad that someone was nice enough to offer you a flag to send him. As I said, the flag is only a symbol and symbolically you buy them for a dime a dozen.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:How quickly the unintelligent denigrate to innuendo

I admit I only gad u ated from LSU so I GUESS i AM not as smart as U , but I am still trying to figure how I am giving him the attention he wants if he would never in life come to GB and read this post,,,sounds to me someone has some great idea of his on intellect and has to come on a forum to prove himself . I wanted to know where to buy a flag just like they use at funerals,,I could buy cheap poop like you are talking about on EBAY, but then it would not serve the purpose it was bought for, if he knew it was not the real deal he would not stop the phone calls,,The American flag may only be a symbol to you but to the family who's loved one's coffin it covered it means alot,, get a life,,
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:How quickly the unintelligent denigrate to innuendo

I admit I only gad u ated from LSU so I GUESS i AM not as smart as U , but I am still trying to figure how I am giving him the attention he wants if he would never in life come to GB and read this post,,,sounds to me someone has some great idea of his on intellect and has to come on a forum to prove himself . I wanted to know where to buy a flag just like they use at funerals,,I could buy cheap poop like you are talking about on EBAY, but then it would not serve the purpose it was bought for, if he knew it was not the real deal he would not stop the phone calls,,The American flag may only be a symbol to you but to the family who's loved one's coffin it covered it means alot,, get a life,,

Step back.

Take a breath.

Read.

I am not looking for a pissing contest.

You do think of the flag as a symbol.

Do you NOT put your hand over your heart when the STAR SPANGLED BANNER is played?

Do you NOT salute the flag when the HONOR GAURD passes?

I think you do.

I do also.

I do not know for a fact which supply house the American Legion or the Veterans of Foreign Wars buy their flags from; those are the two organizations responsible for military funerals; but they buy as reasonably as they can. If they can buy the flags for $40.00 or less
    per flag, they will.

You obviously have internet access as I do and with three little words I found 13,300,000 sites with U.S. flags for sale. The first site I checked had the flags for $41.00, I did not check further.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    One other Idea. Your State Represenative. They get flags all the time.

Or your Father in laws Branch of Service Check with the local Reserve Unit, they too can get Flags.

Know when I was riding for the PGF we would get an extra Flag in cases where the Parents were Seperated. In the Case of Marines the Senior Officer present Gives on flag to the Mother/Wife and senior enlisted will give one to the other Which could be the Father. Normally its to the Mother and Wife.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:I am not looking for a pissing contest.

you must be,,I asked an honest question of the group,,you have to jump in with your physco bable about his need for attention and how a cheap flag can be had,,neither was what I asked so maybe you are the one who needs to step back and read,You seam to be the only one who has had a problem with understanding what I asked. I agree the flag is a symbol in everyday life,, But when it comes off of a loved ones coffin it becomes just a little bit more,It has a great sentimental value to family members . These same family members do not want this one flag going to someone who most likly burn it out in public ON gay day in San Francisco.
    I did not ask where to buy a cheap flag,,I did not ask about my wifes nephew's mental health . I asked where I could buy a REAL "Not a $41 cheap nylon that just happens to be the right size" flag
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:I am not looking for a pissing contest.

you must be,,I asked an honest question of the group,,you have to jump in with your physco bable about his need for attention and how a cheap flag can be had,,neither was what I asked so maybe you are the one who needs to step back and read,You seam to be the only one who has had a problem with understanding what I asked. I agree the flag is a symbol in everyday life,, But when it comes off of a loved ones coffin it becomes just a little bit more,It has a great sentimental value to family members . These same family members do not want this one flag going to someone who most likly burn it out in public ON gay day in San Francisco.
    I did not ask where to buy a cheap flag,,I did not ask about my wifes nephew's mental health . I asked where I could buy a REAL "Not a $41 cheap nylon that just happens to be the right size" flag

I, along with 4 others, gave you information you were asking for.
    What you do with that information is for you to decide.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:I, along with 4 others, gave you information you were asking for.
    What you do with that information is for you to decide.
    YOU can always tell one of those people who think they are smarter than everyone else and just so self important,They will not quit even when over and over they have been shown just how wrong they are,,they just can not grasp the concept of the fact they are wrong and just shut up and go on,,go back and read the last several post between us,,You are the only one that did NOT provide me with what I was asking
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars do provide most of the funeral Honor Guard Details, but they don't supply the Burial Flag. The Burial Flag is provided by the Veterans Administration.

The Legion or VFW could probably assist in finding a source of supply, but they don't routinely buy them.

The Burial flag is made of cotton and is intended for indoor display. Most people will notice the difference.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    dfoglekydfogleky Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just for the record folks, like JamesRK said, the American Legion and the VFW do not provide flags for funerals. Your funeral director fills out a form and takes it to the nearest US Post Office where they are available for burial purposes. And they are provided by the Veterans Administration. See? You learn something new everyday.
  • Options
    Dumpster BabyDumpster Baby Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got my two flags the hard way - my father and my uncle. They aren't going on a pole.
  • Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    These are strange times we live in...
  • Options
    OLDCOPOLDCOP Member Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do NOT continue to let this guy win! Have Granny change her phone to an unlisted number and don't give him that one. I know the type. I did a federal investigation once where the complainant commented that he was going to get $250k out of the government based on a (baseless) discrimination complaint. My assessment was that he was an opportunist and deserved zip. Uncle Sam rolled and paid him his $250k. Guess what? He started all over again! I never learned how that case ended but I can guess. This guy needs to be stopped. NO FLAG from Granny!
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 46270

This is not a dating site.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    TangoSierraTangoSierra Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dfogleky
    Just for the record folks, like JamesRK said, the American Legion and the VFW do not provide flags for funerals. Your funeral director fills out a form and takes it to the nearest US Post Office where they are available for burial purposes. And they are provided by the Veterans Administration. See? You learn something new everyday.

Absolutely correct...
  • Options
    Simple ManSimple Man Member Posts: 3,252
    edited November -1
    Sharpshooter I sent you an email. Kenny