In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Letter from KY mother

Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
Deer Sun,
Jist a few lins to let ya nowe i am steel aliv. Im writen this heer leter slow cas i know ya caint reed fast.
Yew wont nowe the hous when ya cume home caus we movd. I wont be abel to send ya tha new adres caus the las famly what livd heer don tok thu numbers fur ther new hous soes they wont haveta chang ther adres. Bout yer daddy, he dun got a new job. He has five hunert peeple under him. He is cutin gras at that ther sematary up thu rode.
Ther was wun of them ther new fangeld washin mashins in thu nue hous when we moovd in her, but it dont werk to good. Last weak i put in 14 sherts, puled thu chane and i aint seed them sense.
Yer sister Mary had a baby this mornin. I aint found out ifn its a boy or gurl, so i dont nowe if yer a ant or a unkel.
Yer unkel Dick drownd last weak at that ther distilerie wher he werks. Sum of tha werkers doved inta save him but he fauht them of. We krematd his body an it toook 3 daze ta put out thu far. Yer dady dint hav to much ta drink this chrismas. I put a pint of castr oil in his jug an it kep him goin til new yeers.
I went to that ther dr on thursdy an yer daddy came with me. thu dr put a lettle toob in my moth an tol me not to opan it fer 10 minuts. Yer daddy wantd to by it from him.
It only raend 2 tims las weak 3 days the furst tim and 4 days thu secund.
Mundy was so windy one of thu chikins laad thu same egg 4 tims. We gots a letr from the undertakr yestiddy. He saed ifn we dont * up with the rest of the muny for yer granmas funereal up she *.

Luv mother.

PS I was agonna send ya 10 dolers but i alreddy seeld the envelup.

Comments

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,666 ******
    edited November -1
    Deer Sun,
    Jist a few lins to let ya nowe i am steel aliv. Im writen this heer leter slow cas i know ya caint reed fast.
    Yew wont nowe the hous when ya cume home caus we movd. I wont be abel to send ya tha new adres caus the las famly what livd heer don tok thu numbers fur ther new hous soes they wont haveta chang ther adres. Bout yer daddy, he dun got a new job. He has five hunert peeple under him. He is cutin gras at that ther sematary up thu rode.
    Ther was wun of them ther new fangeld washin mashins in thu nue hous when we moovd in her, but it dont werk to good. Last weak i put in 14 sherts, puled thu chane and i aint seed them sense.
    Yer sister Mary had a baby this mornin. I aint found out ifn its a boy or gurl, so i dont nowe if yer a ant or a unkel.
    Yer unkel Dick drownd last weak at that ther distilerie wher he werks. Sum of tha werkers doved inta save him but he fauht them of. We krematd his body an it toook 3 daze ta put out thu far. Yer dady dint hav to much ta drink this chrismas. I put a pint of castr oil in his jug an it kep him goin til new yeers.
    I went to that ther dr on thursdy an yer daddy came with me. thu dr put a lettle toob in my moth an tol me not to opan it fer 10 minuts. Yer daddy wantd to by it from him.
    It only raend 2 tims las weak 3 days the furst tim and 4 days thu secund.
    Mundy was so windy one of thu chikins laad thu same egg 4 tims. We gots a letr from the undertakr yestiddy. He saed ifn we dont * up with the rest of the muny for yer granmas funereal up she *.

Luv mother.

PS I was agonna send ya 10 dolers but i alreddy seeld the envelup.
  • Options
    Simple ManSimple Man Member Posts: 3,252
    edited November -1
    Nice translation from english to hillbilly.