In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anything special for dinner tonight?

beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
Wife and I always stay put on New Years Eve and cook something special for supper. Tonight it's steak Diane (slices of Filet Mignon panfried and served with a special homemade sauce). Delicious!
0M9InwN.gif[

Comments

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Steak for lunch, probably snack at the Y tonight after she gets a bottle of wine in her.
    The possum shanks for Christmas were a bust. Guess didn't corn Fred them long enough-
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Leftovers from the parties we held or attended. Ham, roast beef, smoked turkey, desserts...

When they're gone, I'll step on the scales to see what damage the holidays have done. Probably hit my "winter 10" already, the way I feel. Hoo boy...
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    tomorrow. Hoppin John, rack of ribs, and corn bread.
  • 84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Grasshopper
    Steak for lunch, probably snack at the Y tonight after she gets a bottle of wine in her.
    The possum shanks for Christmas were a bust. Guess didn't corn Fred them long enough-

I find if you "Corn Fred," them Possums long enough, they taste like KFC. Just dont spill the Gravy. It Sucks, when you spill the Gravy. [V]
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Everyone gets:

A high end hamburger on an fresh baked kaiser roll with a touch of sea salt and mill ground black pepper - a touch of yellow mustard and some homemade boutique ketchup (no high fructose corn syrup) and 4 thick slices of center cut butcher select javelina bacon...

Hand selected baking potatoes cut into steak fries well done browned and crispy in oil...

Hand squeezed strong lemon lime ade over crushed ice

Heirloom giant beefsteak tomato thick sliced and bread crumbed pan seared with a 5 cheese Italian shredded cheese mix lightly browned and almost crisped melted on top

The girls are having a dry 10 year old Johannesburg Riesling and I am cracking open a pint swing top bottle of tsingtao Chinese mainland super dry crisp and clear pale ale served ice cold

Mike
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrmike08075
    Everyone gets:

A high end hamburger on an fresh baked kaiser roll with a touch of sea salt and mill ground black pepper - a touch of yellow mustard and some homemade boutique ketchup (no high fructose corn syrup) and 4 thick slices of center cut butcher select javelina bacon...

Hand selected baking potatoes cut into steak fries well done browned and crispy in oil...

Hand squeezed strong lemon lime ade over crushed ice

Heirloom giant beefsteak tomato thick sliced and bread crumbed pan seared with a 5 cheese Italian shredded cheese mix lightly browned and almost crisped melted on top

The girls are having a dry 10 year old Johannesburg Riesling and I am cracking open a pint swing top bottle of tsingtao Chinese mainland super dry crisp and clear pale ale served ice cold

Mike

Heathen.
  • jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we stay home. so I fixed shrimp and pizza along with macaroni salad, olives, pickled cauliflower and Bologna and several cheeses
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mike,

Set another place, I?m leaving now! [}:)][:D]

Best.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 84Bravo1

I find if you "Corn Fred," them Possums long enough, they taste like KFC. Just dont spill the Gravy. It Sucks, when you spill the Gravy. [V]

Yea, I spilled the gravy a few times, bad Karma it is-
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

You have to get her drink to snack at the Y... Most women I know love it when a guy snacks at the Y...[;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks

You have to get her drink to snack at the Y... Most women I know love it when a guy snacks at the Y...[;)]

Yea those two dolla ho"s are wild and #128541;. :) peace brother
    edited November -1
    Was going to be left over KFC, or left over Chinese.

This post motivated me to go and get some (wait for it.............)

Taco Bell!!

A 12pk of tacos, and two each (at a $1 a pop) Burrito Grande. Two deluxe, two shredded chicken. Life is Good. [:D]

Being off for 4 days, does not hurt either. [:)]
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Brisket from Dickey?s BBQ and wife is making shrimp scampi. I?m starting early with bourbon & cigars.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Grilled Pork Chops..
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,467 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A prime rib dinner at the VFW with friends.

Assembly line cooking, but it is worth it to see faces we pretty much only see once a year anymore.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Somehow I ya a feeling Taco Bell might carry the day for ya Ken.
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisStreett
    Somehow I ya a feeling Taco Bell might carry the day for ya Ken.

Ate 7. (5 left to munch on.) Have 4 deluxe Grande' Burritos. Left over Chinese, left over KFC.

Is this Country Great, or what? [:D]
  • ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That it is Ken, we can?t ever lose sight of that!
    Hope you and Buddy have a good New Years.
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisStreett
    That it is Ken, we can?t ever lose sight of that!
    Hope you and Buddy have a good New Years.

And to you Sir.
    edited November -1

Taco Bell!!

A 12pk of tacos, and two each (at a $1 a pop) Burrito Grande. Two deluxe, two shredded chicken. Life is Good. [:D]

Maybe you ought to try what the OP in this thread recommends to eat. It would probably be healthier for you then Taco Bell[:0][:0]

https://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=717942

[:o)]
  • SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Having some family over at 6. Have a prime rib in oven, carrots with leeks sauted in butter, au gratin potatoes.

Not sure about wine and dessert family are bringing those items.
    edited November -1

Taco Bell!!

Maybe you ought to try what the OP in this thread recommends to eat. It would probably be healthier for you then Taco Bell[:0][:0]

You keep telling me that Taco Bell does not include meat, in its filling. (Soy?) (Also) that Lettuce mainly makes up what they put in their Tacos.

Sounds pretty healthy to me.

Please make up your mind.

You are really going to hate that I am going to pick up 5 packs of 10 Chicken nuggets at BK for $1 each. That would be 50 Chicken nuggets for $5. Hell Yeah. [:D] About 20 for lunch/dinner, 10 more for an evening snack, another 20 for lunch at work.

Is this Country Great, or what?
    edited November -1

Taco Bell!!

You keep telling me that Taco Bell does not include meat, in its filling. (Soy?) (Also) that Lettuce mainly makes up what they put in their Tacos.

You are really going to hate that I am going to pick up 5 packs of 10 Chicken nuggets at BK for $1 each. That would be 50 Chicken nuggets for $5. Hell Yeah. [:D] About 20 for lunch/dinner, 10 more for an evening snack, another 20 for lunch at work.

why don't you just put a bullet in your head to kill yourself instead of killing yourself with your diet... It would be faster
    edited November -1

Taco Bell!!

why don't you just put a bullet in your head to kill yourself instead of killing yourself with your diet... It would be faster

I am a Tyranasorous. (Sp?) Low Blood pressure, 120/74, very healthy, 6'1" 195 lbs. Aaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh................................[:D]

I balance out all the bad stuff I eat, by eating extremely healthy foods most of the time.

What are you 5'6", 250 lbs. BP 165/90? (Tell the truth.) [:p]
  • diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Venison tenderloin, that was still on the hoof yesterday.

Pan seared, then stuck in the oven, pan and all for a few minutes.

Everybody else had baked taters, salad, and green peas along with theirs.

I had tenderloin.[8D]
    edited November -1

Taco Bell!!

I am a Tyranasorous. (Sp?) Low Blood pressure, 120/74, very healthy, 6'1" 195 lbs. Aaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh................................[:D]

I balance out all the bad stuff I eat, by eating extremely healthy foods most of the time.

Wrong...
    edited November -1

Taco Bell!!

Wrong...

Well,......................................??
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just had jambalaya with shrimp, it was good.