In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bought a Buckmark

Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
What a fantastic little pistol. My first Browning, but it certainly won't be my last.

Took it immediately to the range and put a couple hundred rounds through it.

igkUhial.jpg

Comments

• Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are nice! Congrats!
    What's next?
  • Options
    HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great pistol..Get a couple of these to throw in the bag.. I doubt you'll wear it out, but just in case..

http://tinyurl.com/ycb63ddt
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got one exactly like that, Rack.[^] I have to sneak it out of the house to shoot it because my wife has laid claim to it.[:o)]
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can't go wrong with this pistol. It will outlast you AND your grandkids. I got one for my own daughter about 10 years ago and she still loves it. [:)]
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought one when they first came out and love it. I love the 22LR pieces though for personal protection I have others.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    What a fantastic little pistol. My first Browning, but it certainly won't be my last.

Took it immediately to the range and put a couple hundred rounds through it.

igkUhial.jpg

I have one identical to yours and another one that is called ?camper special?. They both are excellent shooters and love what ever ammo I throw thru them.
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice pistol. [:)] [8D]
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,455 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice I use to have one just like it
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice pistol.

I bought a Buckmark somewhere around 30+ years ago. It ran CCI hollow points fine. I carried it * hunting and shot several * out with it. Somewhere along the line I traded it for a dog.

IIRC it would hang up some with cone shaped bullets but ran regular round shaped bullets fine.Like I said, I ran mostly CCI hollow points through it as that is what I hunted with, still do.
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RobOz
    Sweet pistol

It is very nice. And a much better shooter than I am. And for $390 out the door, I don't think I could go wrong.

It was nice to be able to go to the range, shoot a couple hundred rounds and not worry about cost. Trigger time is happy time, right?
  • Options
    SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its about time. [;)] The only drawback? You have to clean them about once every five bricks of ammo.

Back in the day, me and my very first pistol, the Buckmark 5.5" with flat sides, would go hunting pine cones in the Sierra foothills. A 400' shot at a 16" pine cone from the hip. Them were the 'good old days'. [:)]
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sperry
    Its about time. [;)]

Back in the day, me and my very first pistol, the Buckmark 5.5" with flat sides, would go hunting pine cones in the Sierra foothills. A 400' shot at a 16" pine cone from the hip. Them were the 'good old days'. [:)]

ever kill any????????????[;)]
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    I've never met a man that regretted buying a Browning. Smith, Ruger, Colt, yes. Browning, no.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,310 ******
    edited November -1
    Nice pistola!
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, they were potential decorations no more. Some hippy chick driving the 20+ mile "old trail" road in her Subaru complained. But in general, I nearly never ever saw a soul up where I did my shooting.

I did kill a big grand-daddy raccoon facing off against my porch cat after midnight on morning. The cat's food dish between them. * ran off after taking a slug in its hind quarters. Six weeks later came across the body 50 yards from my porch, in the weeks. I kicked its head off, scraped a hole, and buried it. A few months later, dug up the clean skull.

Gave the skull to my sister's kid years later. She threw it in the trash. No sense of "cool factor".