In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Some flights are better than others

Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Oh the joys of travel.....
IMG_0027.jpg

Comments

• Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    that brings to mind the guitar smashing scene of "Animal House"
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PBJloaf
    what you don't see is the other 3 on the flight with their instruments. Each was outfitted with a seat belt extender and a lousy voice. Why they allow them to practice on a plane is unknown to me. I think this is the foremost reason that they do not allow weapons on airplanes
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Todesengel
    quote:Originally posted by PBJloaf
    what you don't see is the other 3 on the flight with their instruments. Each was outfitted with a seat belt extender and a lousy voice. Why they allow them to practice on a plane is unknown to me. I think this is the foremost reason that they do not allow weapons on airplanes

True dat[:)]
  • scrumpyjackscrumpyjack Member Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They'll let those guys play crappy music but they woke me up for snoring too loudly???? Bastidges!![:D]
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should've screamed that he was a terrorist and carrying six wire garrottes.

They would've zip tied and duct taped him to his seat.
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Txs

what, and miss the great Richie valens impersonation? I mean who wouldnt want to listen to Donna 4 times during a flight?
    edited November -1

what, and miss the great Richie valens impersonation? I mean who wouldnt want to listen to Donna 4 times during a flight?

And they say waterboarding torture...
  • spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    Getting ready for a flight to China.

I travel very frequently by air. I've never come up on someone playing a musical instrument. I can assure you, however, that if I did and it was a long flight, I'd stuff that instrument where the sun doesn't shine and I guarantee that lubrication would not be involved.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk
    quote:Originally posted by spanielsells
    Getting ready for a flight to China.

Sheet SS,

Don't know where you're going in China, but when I used to fly around there I'd have been happy if it was just some dudes playing instruments. What really sucked was getting on a some old rattle trap flight there and people started boarding with livestock and chickens. After about two hours with no AC smelled like a barnyard mixed with hydraulic fluid and stinky chinese. Took a lot of those rides. Not good.

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to the whole "AC is a gimmick and will never catch on" thing while I'm out there. I just did a boatload of shopping this weekend for uber-thin clothing since I have to go for two weeks and my luggage has to be carry-on. I've been warned that I'll be sweating like a pig 24/7.

At least while I'm flying out and back, I'm going Business Class for the long flight.

I can handle short flights... but NO in-flight "entertainment" - I'd just go apepoop.
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    Perhaps he was trying to further emulate Richie Valens and die on an airplane.

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by searcher5
    Perhaps he was trying to further emulate Richie Valens and die on an airplane.

Can't wait for the extended dance version of "La Bamba."
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,568 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well at least they didn't have a tuba in the band!
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last time I saw someone playing an instrument on a flight, it was the nun from Airplane.

[:p]
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 48,464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    79 just back from Okinawa(where there are lots of people but all are polite to each other) Had to take a Bus (Greyhound)from L.A. to Lancaster to get home.

Guy gets on with a Big Boom Box and cranks it. Asked him very polity to turn it down. After he told me to go get ^^%$. I let him know after I was done there would be no more sound coming out of it.