In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Aspen79 & Nmeyers

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in General Discussion
Aspen79 How do you think i want socialized health care when i mentioned the VA turned me down again. How do you figure i do not want to do the necessary procedures? I filled out the paperwork like THEY told me too. I submitted my 2 DD form 214s and did everything else they asked. They just said i made to much money. What else was i supposed to do? If you have any ideas let me know what i did wrong.

Nmeyers What part of i got turned downed did you not understand. IF i did not get turned down i am smart enough to do as they say. If i had to see their doctor to get my medicine it would not be a bid deal. I have no idea how the VA works because i have not had any dealings with them except fill out the paperwork they sent me.

How was i throwing a hissy fit and trying to change the way they do everything. I have no idea of how they do anything so i can not change anything. I can not get with the program because i was turned down for the program.

I hope you are having a better day than the last time you responded to my post. I would hope your life is not so bad where you have to be rude to other people to make yourself feel better.

Have a good weekend.[:)]

Comments

• Options
    Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    Read that post wrong, sorry about that. Have a good weekend too!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you if you have any ideas on how to get accepted let me know.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    You never did answer my Questions.

1. Did you fill out the paperwork or did you have help with it from the County service rep or the DAV.

2. Were you trying to get your meds from the VA or have them pay your local Pharmacy. If local not going to happen just found out the are stopping that completely.
  • Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy
    1. Did you fill out the paperwork or did you have help with it from the County service rep or the DAV.

I didn't read your other thread.
    What grump asks above could make a difference in you being accepted into the program. They know the ins and outs on how VA functions and are there to ensure you get the benefits You have Earned.

Get everything you have together and pay a visit to your VA representative.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dave, sorry that I misinterpreted your post. But, to be fair, you weren't really clear on exactly what type of benefits you applied for.
    I thought that you were saying that you applied for a monthly pension, but that you did not want to apply for prescription benefits because that would require you to see a VA doctor.

There are many different kinds of benefits given by the VA. Some are means tested (if you earn too much money, you don't get them), & others you get based on military service &/or disability. As Mr Cowboy says, you really need your VA rep to help you figure out what type of benefits you should apply for.

Almost anyone who served is eligible for at least some level of medical benefits, even if they are not eligible for a monthly benefit check.

Neal
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Send me an e-mail I will find a point of contact for you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was just trying to get accepted into the VA program in case i got cancer again. After i got approved i was going to see what it would take to get my medicine from the VA.

Like i said i know nothing about the VA. I called them and they sent me my paperwork and i filled it out and sent it with my DD form 214s and that was it.

I will try and get a VA representive to fill out the paperwork for me.

I am not trying to get a monthly check because i have no disability from the service.

I was just trying to get my ducks in a row if i get cancer again. I do not have another 100,000 to pay for cancer again.[:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Like I said DAV or County Service Rep. They did mine and did a Fine job. I filled out very little of the paperwork they did most of it and they did this by pulling up my record with the VA.