In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mowed the Lawn

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited April 2018 in General Discussion
It grew so fast in the last few days of sun, I had to break out the tractor with Brush-hog on it.

Comments

• BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Still toggling down below freezing here most nights. So I haven't been in a rush to take the snowblower off yet!

Maybe next Saturday I'll get up to the Deere dealer and pick up a new set of blades and get the deck cleaned up and ready. But until it stays above freezing, ido t want to hook up the pressure washer. But it looks like a few more weeks before we'll need to now.
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice!

We just about had all the snow melted in our yard.....then we got 4-6" last night/this morning. The sun melted it all off of the driveway and sidewalks, but still a mess in the yard again.

Jon
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hoping for mostly rain here.
    "What is truth?'
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We mowed ours twice in March which is less than most years due to the colder than normal weather we've had.
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******
    edited November -1
    Ground still frozen and snow covered here. My 20+ year old Simplicity lawn tractor was giving me trouble at the tail end of last years mowing season.

Every time I used it I had to add nearly 1\4 quart of oil into the crankcase. It was smoking badly and pushing oil up into the breather intake.

Not sure if I want to put any $$ into it, or look for a new one.
    My other option would be to buy a mower deck for my Kubota. Close to the cost or even a bit more for another low end lawn tractor??

So many desicions to make!![B)]
  • gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I?ve been mowing our lawn since the middle of February every other week. I have small green tomatoes on some of the plants I put in the first week of March.
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    2nd mowing of the year will be today. It will now be a weekly event until November!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had a foot of snow and added six inches Saturday. I promise to do it by Memorial Day.
  • buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My red truck is green with pollen.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buddyb
    My red truck is green with pollen.

Not just yet but soon my white truck will turn yellow and my car will go thru the car wash twice a week.
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    2nd mowing of the year will be today. It will now be a weekly event until November!Done! Enjoying a glass of white wine before dinner. I think this evening will be a Music and Merlot session! [:)]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!