In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Out of State drivers.

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Friday on my way home from work. I get onto the freeway and the slow lane is going slow so signal check my blind spot see a car but I'm clear. Fool speeds up and blocks me. I'm in the Jeep so when I swerved to miss him and I was all over the road. Lucky I did not hit anybody else.
But I let him go and pulled in behind him. Now this is what really pissed me off his punk kid sat in the back see Flipping me off and giving me gang sign. Almost broke teeth gritting mine cause I really wanted to get hold of the old man in the car and teach him some manner so he would teach his kid.

But lucky for me and them, My exit came up and I took it.

Yep road rage kind of lucky I was in the jeep, Not enough power to get around them and force them off the road.

Comments

• Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That would be a normal drive home from work for me. Glad I've been off for the last 6 weeks and don't have to deal with it for the time being.
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a hood mounted GPMG would have taken care of the problem swiftly and decisively.[}:)]
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nemesisenforcer
    a hood mounted GPMG would have taken care of the problem swiftly and decisively.[}:)]

A pedestal-mounted M2HB works wonders.[^][;)]
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had my dealing with them yesterday. A moron stopped to let the mergers in. I leaned in to my horn wishing it shot more than sound. On the same patch of road gramps rolls in and don't speed up to the speed limit. Plenty of room up front but goes 10 miles below. Some days I just wanna do the pit manuver on all these morons.

Maybe I'll rig a Super Soaker to shoot through the trunk key hole filled with 40 weight [:D].
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:nemesisenforcer
    Advanced Member

7501 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 : 12:51:16 AM Show Profile Reply with Quote
    a hood mounted GPMG would have taken care of the problem swiftly and decisively.

If I had a dime for every time I had the same thought, I'd be retired.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Makes you want to very visibly lay a pistol on the dash so the punk kid can see it. Of course, that'll probably get you in more trouble than it'd be worth. Was it a Kalifornian by any chance?
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******
    edited November -1
    I never had fewer traffic problems than when I drove with a shotgun mounted in the rear window.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    Ever imagine the horn button is actually a missile launcher?
  • Options
    calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    I drive a big dually. When I see them try to speed up to block me, I just keep moving over.
  • Options
    Wolf.Wolf. Member Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, no no! No guns.

This technique takes some measure of acting....you know, big, exagerated faces and hand movements. So read this and pracitice in front of the mirror a few times.

Works for me:

A. Get their attention; toot your horn a couple times.
    B. Smile big and nod your head affirmatively.
    C. Raise your hand to the level of your face and jab your index finger at the offender several times. (keep smiling)
    D. Keeping your hand at face level, jab your your index finger down toward your crotch a couple times.
    E. Now, (keep smiling) raise your hand back up, open your mouth real wide and jam your index finger down your throat....all the way.
    F. Remove your finger from your throat, nod up and down again and point your finger at the offender again. (Keep smiling)

Do this fairly quickly because @SSholes like this have a short attention spam. Works on men and women! [:D][8D]
  • Options
    ForkliftkingForkliftking Member Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some of you guys are wound way too tight. If a small thing like unpolite drivers make you want to blow a gasket, I couldn't imagine what you do if faced with a major problem. Just wave at them and smile. Worse case scenerio is that you will arrive to your destination a few minutes later but at least you won't have the veins popping out of your head when you get there.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by forkliftking
    Some of you guys are wound way too tight. If a small thing like unpolite drivers make you want to blow a gasket, I couldn't imagine what you do if faced with a major problem. Just wave at them and smile. Worse case scenerio is that you will arrive to your destination a few minutes later but at least you won't have the veins popping out of your head when you get there.

Wasn't pissed till the kid started up, thios went on for about 5 miles before my turn off.

Could not use the horn cause I'm still trying to find why it doesn't work.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't get upset, just hit the SOB.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy

Wasn't pissed till the kid started up, thios went on for about 5 miles before my turn off.

No chrome horn?
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wolf.
    No, no no! No guns.

This technique takes some measure of acting....you know, big, exagerated faces and hand movements. So read this and pracitice in front of the mirror a few times.

Works for me:

A. Get their attention; toot your horn a couple times.
    B. Smile big and nod your head affirmatively.
    C. Raise your hand to the level of your face and jab your index finger at the offender several times. (keep smiling)
    D. Keeping your hand at face level, jab your your index finger down toward your crotch a couple times.
    E. Now, (keep smiling) raise your hand back up, open your mouth real wide and jam your index finger down your throat....all the way.
    F. Remove your finger from your throat, nod up and down again and point your finger at the offender again. (Keep smiling)

Do this fairly quickly because @SSholes like this have a short attention spam. Works on men and women! [:D][8D]
    That might well be worth the trouble!

So have you ever noted any offers or true interest? [:0] [;)] [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy

No chrome horn?

Actually the new one is chrome. Was going to put it on the HD cause it has a much louder than stock. But it does not fit where I wanted it to on the HD so I got one that did and it is great sounds like and older 50's car.

This one I'm going to use is really loud.