In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Veterans

Da-TankDa-Tank Member Posts: 4,074
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
Veterans Ask Obama, Clinton & McCain Questions
Week of May 19, 2008

Military.com and the American Legion have partnered together to offer servicemembers, veterans and their families the chance to ask Obama, Clinton & McCain questions that matter most to you. Visit election.military.com/ to upload a video of your question. It?s simple and you can even use a webcam to record your question now. The top 12 questions will be answered by all 3 candidates. Upload a video now or check out what others have asked.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I want to wish a very happy Veterans Day to all my fellow vets.

Thanks for serving and welcome home.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just wanted to say : THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE SERVED OUR GREAT NATION
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Our local paper continually runs articles about WW 2 veterans and their service to our country. All well and good but I see damn little about the young people getting killed and wounded present day.

No disrespect to the veterans but I do not understand the disparity of coverage. Surely one is or maybe not as important as the other but dead and wounded mean the same in both instances.

Your thoughts

Sage 1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Last week I had my 6 month blood workup
    at the Tulsa VA clinic. While there I noticed
    that I had served with such old men.
    Gray haired, balding, way over weight,
    hearing aids, fake limbs and half blind.
    WAIT-- thats me.
    SITAA

"We had joy we had fun
    We had seasons in the sun
    But the wine and the song
    Like the seasons are all gone"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I found this on FB today.

Never seen Tractor Supply offer this before. Active, Retired, AND VETS.

Need a new grill for the 4th? Fence posts? 10x10 dog kennel?

Take proof of service. 15% off will cover the tax and then some. [:D]

https://www.tractorsupply.com/policies-information_customer-solutions_military-discount.html
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Please go to www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10007.html.

Might want to take a lawyer to translate the govermenteese.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Was just reminded of this in another post.

quote:
    New VA Enrollment Information

The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has put forth new regulations for certain Priority Group 8 Veterans. These regulations may allow certain Priority Group 8 Veterans to enroll in the VA health care system, although they may have been denied in the past. Included are Veterans who applied for health care on or after January 1, 2009 but were denied because their household income was higher than VA's income limit. Veterans who fall into the Priority Group 8 may soon qualify if their income does not go over the current VA income limit by more than 10%. This new regulation has taken effect on June 15, 2009. For more information about enrollment and to access a calculator to see if you qualify, visit: www.va.gov/healtheligibility. If you have any questions, please call 1-877-222-VETS (8387).

So if you were turned down before, time to try again. Today is the day it starts.

Also this site has some good info, those already covered should use it really good way to renew subscriptions.

http://www.myhealth.va.gov/
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The link doesn't work.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59
    The link doesn't work.

That's because he included a period in his link. Try this: http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10007.html
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is well known for the folks that were/are on the CSRS retirement plan. It does not apply to FERS or Military.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:civil service pension