In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Jake And His Girlfriend, Short Film By Dawnie

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
I tried this from Facebook, and it didn't work.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v179/davidnunn/Jake/?action=view?t=JakeGirlfriend_zps9729aa78.mp4

This should work.

Dog loves the calves. Sometimes they chase each other, up and down the fence.

Comments

• retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...The big lug is a hoot...I know he likes me because he barks the minute he sees me...just telling me how much he loves me...[:D]
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    You have to watch the tail, and the back hair. If the tail is wagging and the hair is laying down, all is well, no matter how much noise he makes. If the tail is down and the hair is up, LOOK OUT!

I think Jake would play with the calves, and they would play with him, if Dawnie would allow it. But, we don't know how the calves' mommas would react, so we won't let him over there. Momma cows can be pretty protective, and they are big enough to cause serious harm.
  • kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is a pretty fair-sized dog you have there, Nunn. The video is really good; now how about one of you pulling down a tree or something with your new tractor?
    edited November -1
    Tractor is in the shop. It sprung a hydraulic oil leak at the rear main, and it's under warranty, so the feller came and got it. It was getting close to the 50 hour service interval, so I told him to go ahead and do all the required service while he has it.

Jake is part Great Pyrenees, and part Anatolian Shepherd, or at least that's what we were told. He is long and tall, but not real heavy. He stands 6 inches taller at the shoulder than my Labrador Retriever, but he only weighs 91 pounds.

Dawnie did stand on the front porch with her phone camera running when I cut down a big pine tree that died. I think she was hoping I would drop it on the house. She didn't know that I had done this before, and that I knew how to make a tree fall where I wanted it.
  • Duce1Duce1 Member Posts: 9,329
    edited November -1
    What a great dog. I am sure he is a handful but loads of fun to have.
    edited November -1
    That dog is Dawnie's baby. He sleeps on the bed next to her, unless the coyotes are howling. Then, he takes a defensive position in the living room, or sometimes on the floor just inside our bedroom door.

He reminds Dawnie when it is time to eat, he asks to go outdoors to potty, and he reminds her when it is nap time, and when it time to retire for the night.
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought this was about Zulu.[:(][:(] Before he was married.
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    The cows,nor Jake realize,any of them could easily go over the fence if they wanted to. Cool vid. [8D][8D][8D]
  • dawniedawnie Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have spent everyday all day with jake since he was 4weeks old,so I am mama and he understands everything i say and somehow I understand everything he says.

Jake loves his baby cows he will stand on the patio and wait for me to say go see your girlfriend and then run towards her,and she will come to the fence when she see's him.

He has been such a good dog,the other night i had chicken in the oven and it was about ready to come out,he started whinning and going to the oven to tell me mama its time its time.

He will sit outside at night and wait til the other dogs take care of their business and back in the house before he takes care of his,his job is to protect them and that is what he does.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    His main breed is as a protector of the flock/herd. I'm sure he would do just fing with the Calves.