In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Evaporust

CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
SO I was at JC Whitney. Yeah when you live in Northern Illinois and 1 exit from the store on the interstate, you can just go there. We might have to put up with FOID card but we have the worlds largest junk automotive warehouse.[;)]

Anyway they had this stuff by the 1/2 gallon or 5 gallon bucket.

ever heard of it or used it?

http://www.evaporust.com/evaporust.html

Comments

• CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a gas tank for an '89 Chevy 1 ton.
    edited November -1
    How Evapo-rust affects coatings

EVAPO-RUST is highly recommended by the NRA gunsmithing school and is utilized by FBI, CIA, NATO and other law enforcement and forensics agencies. EVAPO-RUST is perfect for removing oxide weapon finishes such as Bluing, Parkerizing, Zinc Phosphate, and Browning.

Anodizing, Cobalt Tungsten Carbide, Powder Coating, Chrome, Nickel, Paint, and most other coatings will not be removed as long as they do not contain oxides. EVAPO-RUST will not harm lead or solder points.
  • SawzSawz Member Posts: 6,049
    edited November -1
    I drove right by that thing 2 weeks ago driving a Penske 26' on way to drop Son in Law off at Purdue
    edited November -1
    anybody hear of this stuff