In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Jim Hendry is an idiot

CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
edited July 2006 in General Discussion
Why, why, why trade off Greg Maddux???? Or Todd Walker, especially for some 19yo in the Dominican leagues?

What the hell happened?
Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.

Comments

• Options
    dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not so sure that trade of Walker may not work out in ht e long run. I checked the stats on the pitcher and he had 83 K's in 60 innings last year and an "against" batting average of .174.

His ERA this year in the Arizona league is 2.00, so maybe he is a good prospect for a couple years down the road.

Walker's bat is still good, but his defense is starting to go away. I wonder whether he is beginning to get slower and a little stiff at age 33?

I really hate to see Maddox go, even at age 40. He is a great clubhouse man for the youngsters.[:(]
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They should have offered Maddux a position as pitching coach. What an excellent coach he would make.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    likemhotlikemhot Member Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From your forum name I would assume you should be well aware of the problem, this is not something NEW that just happened to your beloved cubbies. Who owns that team again, and what was that tirade from Lee Elia in 1983? Some people just don't get it. As long as the Cubs sell tickets they won't give two hoots about what their club does on the field. Does that sound a little like the McCasky and Wirtz families. It's big business, get used to it.
    Incase you forgot, Here's Lee Elia, then the Cub's skipper

http://www.theramp.net/apba/apbaelia.htm

every year when the Bears take the podium for their draft selection I cringe with fear, but then again I understand the concept.

likemhot
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I hadn't heard yet. That makes me sick.

Stoney for GM!
    Maddux For Pitcher/Coach!

bleen jim hendry!
    bleen dusty!
    bleen them for trading greg!

They did this same poop to Grace.

Bastages!!![:(!]

[:(!]Ben[:(!]
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    ...and just when I was feeling good about being a cub fan again! I just can't believe this poop.

[:(!]Ben[:(!]
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man I hated to see Maddux go the first time. This time sucks nearly as bad. He should have retired as a CUB! THese look to be the worst two trades Hendry has ever made.

BTW I always respected Hendry's trades. But the Cubs gave Walker away and are still paying his salary. Odds are against this kid ever making the big leagues.