In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

this government gropeing scannin has gone to far.

quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
If they can do this to americans, they can do anything to americans.

The inside the pants feeling is a felony in the real world. So is takeing nube photos.

This poops gotta stop.

Comments

• Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your right obama is testing the water on people that opt out of the X rays and then they try to intimidate that person and soon to follow it will happen anywhere anytime they want. The most corrupt administration in History in my opinion[V]
  • Options
    trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fshfndr
    Your right obama is testing the water on people that opt out of the X rays and then they try to intimidate that person and soon to follow it will happen anywhere anytime they want. The most corrupt administration in History in my opinion[V]

Eventually it will happen when entering Walmart .[:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1

Yup.

Every admin will be progressively more agressive from here on out, unless a wrench is chucked into these schemes.

As long as people lay down nothing stops. People stand up like I do, and it stops.

I dont know about you fellas, but I am about ready to call it quits with being a productive member of society. I'm thinking of selling everything and just disapearing. This is getting to wrong to support, even passively.
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is invasive ... guess that we each have to decide for ourselves ... if to use machine or gropping and whether to fly or drive.

I've not actually seen President Obama groping anyone.

Did not see President Bush handling that way either.

I was flying civilian lines quite a lot during his two terms and got touched, felt-up and patted-down a lot. I seem to recall that this started in earnest after 911 ... as I recall, that was before Mr. Obama was in D.C. by a bit.

I'd rather that way to being radiated more and more.

Before all of this, I've seen folks come on board with: firearms, ammo, knives, swords, all sorts of utility knives, flamables, matches and fireworks ... on yeah, throwing stars, nunchucks, canes and fighting staves. So, for me this is an improvement in some ways ... though a major pain in the kiester in many other ways.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Comply with authority, check
    Fear speaking out when told not to, check.
    Put up with unreasonable searches, check.
    Understand it is for your safety, check.

Our masters are very smart.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Alan Rushing

It is invasive ... guess that we each have to decide for ourselves ... if to use machine or gropping and whether to fly or drive.

I was flying civilian lines quite a lot during his two terms and got touched, felt-up and patted-down a lot. I seem to recall that this started in e
    arnest after 911 ... as I recall, that was before Mr. Obama was in D.C. by a bit.

Before all of this, I've seen folks come on board with: firearms, ammo, knives, swords, all sorts of utility knives, flamables, matches and fireworks ... on yeah, throwing stars, nunchucks, canes and fighting staves. So, for me this is an improvement in some ways ... though a major pain in the kiester in many other ways.

Obama and bush can get their genitals groped all day long, Dont mean everyone else should. but I agree a leader should lead by example, but I dont hold with following leaders into bears dins or off cliffs.

You stand by and accept this in 20 years you kids kids will be walking through these to get into schools, and have no clue whats it like to be a free human being. Its really just that simple.

Its not even about the gropeing or pictures, it about something far more profound. when its gone its gone. and it can only be replaced with dehumanization

My grandad told tales of bringing his trusty old shotgun to school so he could hunt down sup after. I miss that, because I never got to experiance it. And I want to, I want my kids too. I want my kids to live with freedom being an unqestioned fact of life. Not some lie like santa clause or the easter bunny.

If I have to fly I will spend the extra to get a private single engine cabby. If I had to pick betweeen radiation or a grope, I'd thumb a ride. but I dont blaim you Alan, I wouldnt want get juiced either. You are makeing the wise choice.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by quickmajik
    [ You stand by and accept this in 20 years you kids kids will be walking through these to get into schools, and have no clue whats it like to be a free human being. Its really just that simple.

And it will spread to all places of business .
    I can't believe the trouble I had Thursday getting into the County Court house to buy a car tag .
    And none of it had to do with reason: it was for authority only .[:(!]
    I know how I would feel if someone groped my Daughter or Granddaughter .
  • Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IMHO these scans and pat downs will do nothing to stop a terrorist.

No terrorist will try to smuggle a firearm aboard on their person...the odds of getting caught are too heavily weighed against them. Most likely for weapons to get on board it would be done vvia collaboration with others on the ground who load the food and other amenities on board.

Secondly, if I am a bad guy loaded down with a vest bomb and get to the check point and get pointed to the pat down or scanner area...I will just detonate it there and kill a large number of people.

If/When that happens, you can bet your * they will move the check point outside and keep a clear zone for one person at a time. Check in time will have to be the day before at major airports.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by trapguy2007
    Originally posted by quickmajik
    [ You stand by and accept this in 20 years you kids kids will be walking through these to get into schools, and have no clue whats it like to be a free human being. Its really just that simple.

And it will spread to all places of business .
    I can't believe the trouble I had Thursday getting into the County Court house to buy a car tag .
    And none of it had to do with reason: it was for authority only .[:(!]
    I know how I would feel if someone groped my Daughter or Granddaughter .

I believe thats what they are trying to change, to break down all compassion one feels for another. There are some truely insane people with far to much power.
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is accounting for loss Quick, to them we are just another commodity.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think we could all agree that the terrorist have won .
    They have the JBT's dancing to their tune .[:(!]
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    But...but...if it saves just one person's life, its worth it.
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    CS8161

Yeah, you are right there. Probably could have patted and groped each and every person on the 911 planes, and the outcome would have been the same.

I've had to strip to my jeans. (period) Don't think that I ought to terrify the security much, but stripped down mighty far.

Guy that I knew in the military, used to get strip searched at least half the time. I never understood that guess somebody knew what that was about, I never did.
  • Options
    PanzerSlayer2PanzerSlayer2 Member Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In no way do I support it but what are the alternatives? Do we just let everyone on board and accept there will be bombings and hijackings as routine? Or have we simply lost this battle to the terrorists?
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Seriously? "obama is testing the water on people". You really believe it is just oblammer, don't you? Who invented TSA to begin with?

We deserve every bit of what we are being subjected to, because people who vote believe their "party" (what ajoke!) is the right one![:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Alan Rushing

I was flying civilian lines quite a lot during his two terms and got touched, felt-up and patted-down a lot. I seem to recall that this started in earnest after 911 ... as I recall, that was before Mr. Obama was in D.C. by a bit.

Yea, it stopped the high crime rate we used to see on US cariers. Thank God![xx(]

Benjamin Franklin - He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security. (we have already done it, and we have neither) The problem was never from outside, it was and still is, from the inside, and it's worse than ever. Enjoying the police state?
  • Options
    7.62x39Lover7.62x39Lover Member Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    If every terrorist was verified killed and buried by next Thursday, by next Friday the global elite would have us started on our next indoctrination plan to teach us to fear someone/something else. It has never been about protecting you. It has always been about controlling you. If you keep a sheep terrified it will consent to accepting a safe cage. This is all BS.

It is a FACT that more people die from allergic reactions to peanuts and bee stings every year than from terrorism. It just isn't useful enough to the global elite to stage a war against beekeepers and peanut farmers. Quit giving up your rights for the ILLUSION of safety.

It is impossible to guarantee safety for anyone while flying. Flocks of geese are more frightening to me than terrorists. Why? Simply because you are more likely to have problems with high flying geese than airborne suicide bombers. Where is our WAR on Migratory waterfowl?
  • Options
    camodudecamodude Member Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PanzerSlayer2
    In no way do I support it but what are the alternatives?

Where have you been?

Never heard of "profiling"?

Israel does, they don't have any problems at the airport with the "religion of peace satan" anymore.
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PanzerSlayer2
    In no way do I support it but what are the alternatives? Do we just let everyone on board and accept there will be bombings and hijackings as routine? Or have we simply lost this battle to the terrorists?

Yes we accept that there is a remote risk of a terrorist attack and we keep flying with our dignity and rights intact. This is the only way to defeat a terrorists agenda. Do you want to give up all freedom for an illusion of safety? That is all they are offering us. Illusion.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The terroists have won. We are living in fear, of each other. The suspect everyone and trust no one motto has become the norm.
    Gee where have we heard that before? [xx(]
    Background checks are almost a requirement for every aspect in society now, and we thought it was bad when the NICS checks were instituted.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    This road to totalitarianism was first traveled long before Obama.

Republicans and Democrats are both responsible with the willing acceptance of we the people. Republicans and Democrats, two wings, same bird.

Collectivism inevitably leads to totalitarianism.

To fail in grasping that it transcends 'party' and is, rather, the underlying 'ethic' that is the causation, is to be hopelessly caught in the paradigm, IMO.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496

Republicans and Democrats are both responsible with the willing acceptance of we the people. Republicans and Democrats, two wings, same bird.

To fail in grasping that it transcends 'party' and is, rather, the underlying 'ethic' that is the causation, is to be hopelessly caught in the paradigm, IMO.

lt496 struck right at the heart of the matter with his trusty dagger!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by skicat
    If every terrorist was verified killed and buried by next Thursday, by next Friday the global elite would have us started on our next indoctrination plan to teach us to fear someone/something else. It has never been about protecting you. It has always been about controlling you. If you keep a sheep terrified it will consent to accepting a safe cage. This is all BS.

It is a FACT that more people die from allergic reactions to peanuts and bee stings every year than from terrorism. It just isn't useful enough to the global elite to stage a war against beekeepers and peanut farmers. Quit giving up your rights for the ILLUSION of safety.

It is impossible to guarantee safety for anyone while flying. Flocks of geese are more frightening to me than terrorists. Why? Simply because you are more likely to have problems with high flying geese than airborne suicide bombers. Where is our WAR on Migratory waterfowl?

+ 10,000,000
    The only "government intervention" I want for my safety is the 2nd amendment.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    shellFish allergies kill more people annually then terrorism, as does jelly fish, bee sting and nut allergies.

Car crashes or diarrhea on average is several houndred thousands times more likely to kill you then a terrorist.

Point is, terrorism is an excuse to further the sociopolitical and economic wants of the people who buy the politicians. There was people just waiting for an event like 9/11 to use as a pretext to regulate society into a police state.

I mean government was actually planning the long term infrastructure they would put in place in the 1980s and 90s if/when an event of sufficent magnatude happened. this was done by a progressives of both parties.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote: this government gropeing scannin has gone to far.
    What took you so long?[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF
    quote: this government gropeing scannin has gone to far.
    What took you so long?[:D]

I kinda thought this would have been over by now. When enough people stood by and watched children get get felt up. Or they themselves were subjected to it.

Or due to the loss in profits of the airlines. but they are being proped up by government too.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,785 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've traveled by commercial air twice over 20 years ago and thought it was a PITA even then. I won't go anywhere I can't drive. There are a considerable number of business people who think they and their jobs are so important that any loss of privacy or humiliation is acceptable as long as they get to that next meeting or whatever. I have serious doubt that all the foolishness will prevent another hijack or bombing but give this some thought. Regardless of how many folks are complaining about the scan and grope thing, they're still flying. What would the airlines do if a large percentage of those people who THINK the safety is enhanced were to get scared because the processes were dropped and not fly at all. In part, this is a big hoax to keep airline seats filled regardless of whether it's actually safer or not.
  • Options
    SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    So true.Until the majority of us realize this we will continue with the same...wash,rinse...repeat.
    quote:Originally posted by lt496

[/quote]