In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ever have to control your laughter?

coltpaxcoltpax Member Posts: 8,114
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
I don't know what made me think of this, but I figured I'd post. Have you ever had to control your laughter, meaning try your best not to laugh at something? About a year ago, I took the Hunter's Safety class. It was at Basspro, and me and my buddy both went. Well, out of 30 some people, there were 3 students who were the opposite color of me (I'm white) and the stuff they did was hilarious to us atleast. The last day of class, we had to go around and perform a safety check and show how to work the action of a bolt action, a semi-automatic, a lever action, a single shot, and a pump gun. I was dead last in line, so I got to watch everybody go through. These 3 boys (brothers I believe) picked up the guns, and held them all sideways. They were holding the long guns sideways.... haha. The instructor kept correcting them, but they refused to hold them right. The last one, and the smallest, even picked up the 870, held it sideways, and dropped it. All this time, I'm trying not to laugh, but I can hardly help it. Well, afterwards, we took the test. Guess who didn't pass the class? Yep, the boys holding the guns like they were deer hunting in the ghetto. So now, I also have a question? I know they make the homeboy night sights for glocks, do they make them for 870s and 336's?[:D]

Comments

• jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i had to contain my laughter when i heard about an assistant of the NRA hunters safty cource blew his fingers off with a 10 ga., and still instructing SAFTY
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    In a world full of idiots, it's impossible to keep laughter under control at all times, not that I try that hard.
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Maybe you need to learn the hard way.

Boot camp Marine Corps 1974. They asked for anybody with Martial arts traing for a Hand to hand class. We had on little Oiental guy who put up his hand.

They had him throw a punch slow motion so the instructor could show how to block it. They did this several times. Then the instructor told him to try it for real. Kid was very fast Punched the Instructor right in the Nose.

I laughed.

During the training on how to chock out some one I never got the chance to try it cause they kept chocking me out.

Learned to control my laugh after that.[:o)]
  • MrOrangeMrOrange Member Posts: 3,012
    edited November -1
    So you're saying there were only three blacks in the class, and they all failed? Obviously, the instructor was a racist. And the tests were probably racially biased. And the poor minorities felt oppressed by the instructor trying to force them to use his racially biased handling techniques. Obviously. What else could it be?

In answer to your question, they do make side-offset mounts for the gamey types who will put both a Moon Scope for long shots and a dot sight for up close stuff on their autoloaders.
  • Bill JordanBill Jordan Member Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would not have tried: I would have busted out and taken cell pfone pictures to post HERE!!!
  • StampedeStampede Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are times when I really should control my laughter but, being the prick that I am, sometimes I choose not too. I'm sorry, but some people just deserve it.[:D]
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    sometines, I am usually laughing on the inside so it aint hard for me.
  • Ox190Ox190 Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Didn't happen to me but a very good friend was at basic for the Navy in Chicago and during an inspection the guy standing next to him sneezed. The guy had a wad of snot hanging off his nose and it started going for the floor, my buddy kept it in until it hit the floor then he lost it. He got to stand outside what he said was called "The Lions Den" I guess it was where all the DI's hung out, with a sign around his neck that said "I've been a bad recruit please PT me." Said he could barely use his arms for 2 days.
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    company of basic trainees on the M14 field fire range- first day. Colonel (good guy) comes out to check on training, We are walking the line, we came to trainee that was firing, rolled over on his right side, magazine parallel to ground. Colonel asked why he was shooting like that. Kid said his instructor had explained that bullets travel in a curved line- so he had rolled onto his side so he could CURVE the bullets around the brush and his the target.