In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Good congressman

A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
My FIL has advanced pancreatic cancer. Not much time, barring a miracle, on this old orb. He was in the Navy, stationed in Cuba during the crisis. When he got out in 1964, he was promised that all his service awards and medals would be sent to him. You guys in the service can guess that they never were. He didn't think anything of it until a few months ago and decided he would like to have a shadow box with all his citations, awards and medals for my son to keep. The VFW was no help at all in getting his "stuff." Didn't even act like they wanted to help. I called the local office of our congressman and asked what I could do. Lady was super nice and asked me to bring a copy of his DD-214 by. She called yesterday, has all his awards and medals, and the congressman, who will be in town Saturday, wants to come by his house and personally give them to him. Ed Whitfield is his name. Pretty nice gesture on his part.

Comments

• A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    Checked how my elected official voted on the bailout.

He voted Nay.

Sent him e-mail thanking him for the stand he took (contrary to his party's wishes) and how I felt about the bailout.

Would do good to contact your congressman and tell him or her what your wants and wishes are. Rememebr this is an election year.
  • kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    I called my Congressman John Campbel's local office today, which is less than a mile away from my home in Newport Beach, and let his people know that I was far from happy with his yes vote. All and all he has been a good congressman and he did get his Masters Degree from USC ([^]) but since this district is overwhelmingly Republican I'm sure he figures that he can do whatever he likes and still be assured of reelection.