In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Latest round with Magicjack

AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 4,050
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Customer service rep: Hello, how may I help you?

Me: I want to cancel my service

Customer service rep: Hello there. How are you?

Customer service rep: May I ask for your magicJack phone number, please?

Me: xxx-xxx-xxxx

Customer service rep: Thank you.

Customer service rep: Please wait while I check that for you

Customer service rep: Thank you for waiting.

Customer service rep: I would like to inform you that you cannot cancel your service. Please wait for the license to expire and it will be automatically be disconnected. If you don't want to use it, you can simply keep that one and do not worry you will not be charged automatically for the next year.

Me: Why can't I cancel it?

Customer service rep: I do apologize but you have paid the service for a year and you cannot cancel your connection or service, instead you have to wait for the expiration date of your magicJack.

Me: Do you have any of my credit cards on file?

Ethel: You can contact the bank to deter/suspend any transaction.

Me: That is not what I asked...do you have any of my credit cards on file? I want to make sure you do not automatically renew my service when it expires.

Customer service rep: Yes, we do have do not worry as I have mentioned above, you will not be charged automatically for the next year.

Me: So how do I delete that credit card? I did not see any way of doing it when I logged into my account.

Customer service rep: I do apologize to inform you that you cannot removed the credit card information, but you can contact the bank to deter/suspend any transaction.

Worst company I have ever dealt with.

Comments

• fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    I thought Magicjack was supposed to be the hot new deal in phone service.
    Why are U wanting to have it turned off?
  • AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 4,050
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    I thought Magicjack was supposed to be the hot new deal in phone service.
    Why are U wanting to have it turned off?

It is not that new, it has been around a while. But I have had nothing but problems with it, and they just will not/can not fix it and will not let you cancel it. And many other people have problems also. There was another thread about it lately on here. You might want to google all the problems people have been having with it, if you are thinking about getting it.

http://www.magicjackclassaction.com/ Is just one posting about it.