In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ammo for Nagant and CZ52

chorkiechorkie Member Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2008 in General Discussion
I just got a 1895 Nagant and a CZ52 and was wondering if anyone had good sources for ammo for them?

Image005.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ibffsteveibffsteve Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you tried Shotgun News. I've seen ads in there a few times.

There is no pleasure in having nothing to do;the fun is having lots to do and not doing it.
  • Options
    tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought some of both from SOG along with 2 of the CZ52s. The Nagant is 15.25 for 40 rds & the 7,62x25 is 9.13 for 70 rds. Unfortunately, I can't tell you how it shoots since FEDEX has lost the ammo shipment!! However, they will give me a progress report tomorrow.
    I don't know what the shipping cost for the ammo was since the guns and ammo were on the same invoice. The total shipping for the two guns (overnight delivery} and the ammo was 34.20. Tom

OOPS: Forgot to mention: to order from SOG you MUST have an FFL. C&R is good enough. Good enough reason to get a C&R.
    <BR>Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.<P>
  • Options
    stickthisstickthis Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ammunition store .com has some S&B for $7.29 each for a 50 round box. That stuff is brass case and reloadable. They also have some Yugo stuff in 70 round box for $7.95 each, but it's corrosive stuff. Just be sure to clean your CZ-52 with windex after shooting corrosive ammo through it. I can't help you on the nagant ammo. Sorry!
  • Options
    gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    call centerfire systems, ask for lois. They have some I think.

Lois Luttrell
    800-915-3346
    >

Larry
    binladen.gifShowLetter.gif
  • Options
    chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Real Nagant ammo can be tough to find. However, as a .357 magnum revolver can also shoot .38 spl., the Nagant can shoot either .32 S&W long or .32 H&R magnum. Both are made by Winchester, but fairly pricey. Aguila also make .32 longs, at a more resonalble price. AIM and Cole's both sell it.

As for the original 7.62x38R, you do occasionally see some Russian milsurp out there now and then. Also, Fiocchi occasionally turns out a batch, but sells it at a tremendous premium.

Handloaders have had considerable success trimming down .32-20 brass to 38mm, then loading with .30 carbine dies.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    ~Sinclair Lewis, It Can't Happen Here

"Our enemies...never stop thinking about new ways to
    harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
    ~President George W. Bush
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,241 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ammoman.com has it
  • Options
    chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That stuff at SOG was the milsurp I referred to, it's good stuff, not reloadable, though.

The Fiocchi at Ammoman is reloadable, but ouch! $35 for 50? An awful lot for a small caliber revolver.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    ~Sinclair Lewis, It Can't Happen Here

"Our enemies...never stop thinking about new ways to
    harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
    ~President George W. Bush
  • Options
    gbeggrowgbeggrow Member Posts: 5,499
    edited November -1
    www.aimsurplus.com is the best IMO.

quote:Originally posted by chorkie
    I just got a 1895 Nagant and a CZ52 and was wondering if anyone had good sources for ammo for them?

Image005.jpg

heat1.jpg
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    email me here at the shop at waltsgun@aol.com
    best regards, mike.

What other dungeon is so dark as ones own heart, what jailer so inexorable as ones own mind.
    contact me at the shop at waltsgun@aol.com best regards, mike.
  • Options
    nagant fannagant fan Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    jgsales.com has 7.62x38 ammo for 25.95 for 50 rounds
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    The russian sniper load and the romanian 1980's load for the 7.63x25
  • Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got a sportmans guide catalog today that has 800rds of 7.62x25 for $76.97.
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    105405283 1000 rd 7.62x25 Czech LC Surplus on stripper clips 0 $97.96 6h 51m + Right here on GB just go to home page and hit pistol ammo and put in 762X 25
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't buy surplus 1950s 7.62x25 ammo necks all split. Get the 1980s stuff.
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sportsmans guide has the 7.62x25 corresive 80's production for about 11 cents a round,its good stuff just need to clean up everytime you shoot it
  • Options
    WWllVetWWllVet Member Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can make your own 7.62x25 by cutting down .223 brass and forming the neck with 7.62x25 dies. work great for my cz52.

for GOD and COUNTRY

Vet
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    All the gun shops around here sell 7.62x25 50 rounds for 12 bucks or so..