In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A Plea From California Gun Owners

greg4547greg4547 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Hello,

I live (and grew up) in San Diego, California. I've been here for 45 years and have seen a lot of changes, as in most states I guess.

One of the most disturbing changes for me is the attack on the Second Amendment. We've seen it here with "assault rifles" and hi-cap magazines.

Recently with the fading away of the federal ban and the arrival of the "Bullet Button" mag catch gun stores here are starting to look like they used to. The racks are again full of AR-15's and other "Black Guns". California gun enthusiasts are once again buying AR's in all configurations as well as other formerly forbidden rifles. In the past three months I personally have purchased three AR's and I'm currently putting together an AK with a mag-catch that will fit the California guidelines.

So, now to my plea... California gun owners are on the front lines in regards to the fight to save the Second Amendment. We are not the ones responsible for electing the anti-gun crowd that is infiltrating the government. We are the folks that are writing our representatives and making contributions to the NRA as well as state organizations geared towards preserving our right to bear. But many large out-of-state dealers and individuals on auction sites like this have written us off. There are large dealers that won't sell a Californian any gun related item... Last week I was trying to help a buddy locate an upper for an AR. I found one on this sight that met his specs and as I scrolled down I read, "Will not sell to the communist state of Kalifornia." I guess the point I'm trying to make is by not selling to California, you're playing right into the hands of the anti-gun crowd. We need to keep the Second Amendment alive in all fifty states especially the states that are struggling. With the current administration we are all at risk. Lets stick together...

Thank you

Comments

• RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    Do a search. This topic is brought up frequently here. Don't expect much sympathy. And welcome newcomer.
  • greg4547greg4547 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's fine, you are free not to sell to whomever you want. I'm just trying to point out that the gun owners here are not the ones to blame, so why punish us? It seems to be playing right into the hands of the folks that want to take away all of our rights... Even yours. California still leads the country in gun consumers. In fact, in 2008 over 300,000 California compliant guns were sold in this state. So from a business standpoint alone it doesn't make any since.

And if they want to lock this post simply because it's a plea to help California try to save the 2nd, then that speaks volumes about the folks that run this forum...
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by greg4547
    That's fine, you are free not to sell to whomever you want. I'm just trying to point out that the gun owners here are not the ones to blame, so why punish us? It seems to be playing right into the hands of the folks that want to take away all of our rights... Even yours. California still leads the country in gun consumers. In fact, in 2008 over 300,000 California compliant guns were sold in this state. So from a business standpoint alone it doesn't make any since.

And if they want to lock this post simply because it's a plea to help California try to save the 2nd, then that speaks volumes about the folks that run this forum...

I'm sure that the folks who own the auction site (which is why Gun Broker exists) want as many sales as possible and don't support restrictions on legal sales to anyone...More sales means more money for Gun Broker. The members and the moderators of these forums have other ideas about the subject!
  • peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by greg4547
    That's fine, you are free not to sell to whomever you want. I'm just trying to point out that the gun owners here are not the ones to blame, so why punish us? It seems to be playing right into the hands of the folks that want to take away all of our rights... Even yours. California still leads the country in gun consumers. In fact, in 2008 over 300,000 California compliant guns were sold in this state. So from a business standpoint alone it doesn't make any since. And if they want to lock this post simply because it's a plea to help California try to save the 2nd, then that speaks volumes about the folks that run this forum...

If this is the case, it seems to me that Californians are not having any problems getting what they want.

Thanks---Peabo
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Speaking of beat to death.

quote:I'm just trying to point out that the gun owners here are not the ones to blame

...Ok, I give up, just whose fault is it then?? YOU live in Commie- Fornia, you and your buds can vote...maybe accepting that YOU folks that live there are at fault will be the first step in correcting what YOU have allowed to happen. Ya'll have not to this point pulled together to stop your rights from being taken, WTH do you think someone else is going to do it for you?

...Maybe ya'll need to get with the gay activist for ideas, they seem to be doing really well with their agenda; maybe ya'll could learn from them people...[;)]

ani-texas-flag-2.gif
  • txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can't gets guns in California? I ain't never heard that!

I hate it for you, but your state has lots of trouble, until you all vote some decent folks, its still going to be that way. If you want to move someplace else, come to Texas, you can get all the guns you want here if thats the case.

Good luck.
    edited November -1
    The problem is not pulling together and voting. The problem is we are out numbered here. I vote at every election and I vote about as far to the right as anyone on this forum. I still live here in this state because I have 20 years invested in my career and have to stick it out until I retire. And remember, we still managed to vote in prop 8 with keeps marriage between and man and a woman... Here in San Diego we have a cross on top of a mountain that was under attack from the Atheists (church and state). We managed to save the cross too. Not everyone that lives here is a left wing nut. It's the larger cities like San Fransicko and LA that hurt. I'm not trying to bash anyone on this sight. I'm trying to make the point that gun owners are gun owners and many of us don't have a choice about living here due to economic reasons.
  • Duce1Duce1 Member Posts: 9,329
    edited November -1
    I have always said " I am willing to help anyone who is willing to help themselves" That being one of my life motto`s I say to you show me that you are willing to do more than talk about it then "I" and I am sure many others will do what we can to help out.
    Now stand up show everyone the Constitution and the 2ND amendment and what it truly means and start voting for the people who have your interest in mind and will not follow what the special interest groups that give them money. And I am sure you will get your rights back ! So stop voting for the people who promise you the world and vote for the person who speaks little and carries a big stick .............
    Money is not the only thing or reason to vote for someone your rights are more important.
  • Saxon PigSaxon Pig Member Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    greg4547- Many people blame all Californians for the bad laws. The often repeated comment is "vote out the bad politicians and we'll ship guns to the state." Of course, these people are taking a simplistic view and refuse to understand that if every lover of the Second Amendment in CA voted they would lose by a wide margin as the Leftists simply outnumber the right-thinking folks by a wide margin.

No, it's not fair to blame CA gun owners for the laws. But that is what happens. I left CA in 1992 largely due to onerous gun laws in place with more coming, but most people don't have that option. It is a shame that so many people outside of CA blame the gun owners there for the bad state laws. Like the CA gun owners want those laws. See the comments by Duce1. He seems to think CA gun owners can do something to change the current situation. They cannot. They are simply overwhelmed by numbers. It makes the state a Liberal haven, we don't like that, but it's not the fault of CA gun owners. They work against anti-gun politicians but what can you do when you are outnumbered 3 to 1 on election day? It's unreasonable and unrealistic to demand the gun owners change CA government when they DO NOT HAVE THE NUMBERS to do so.

Sorry for your situation. Not only do you live in a state dominated by anti-gun sentiment, but your own people in other states, who should sympathize and support you, choose instead to turn on you.
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    i allready have the feds in my pocket..but i refuse to kowtow to the elected idiots from the land of fruit and nuts[8]
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As a Texan who spent 35 years in CA, the first 5 and the last 8 in San Diego; I do understand your plight! When I retired I beat feet as quickly as possible, back home, here in Texas!! You are right, you are out voted currently because of voter ignorance and apathy! COLT, in my opinion, actually has a spot on recommendation for gun owners in CA; learn from the gay activist and environmental whackos out there and start promoting gun ownership big time, dispel the gun associated myths with a very visible campaign, and start educating the gun ignorant and apathetic!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Things slow over at Calguns again today?
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The government doesn't abide by the constitution so why should they listen to the people? Unless the people happen to agree with what the government wants then they claim to listen.

I say it not the california gun owners fault.
    edited November -1
    Thank you Saxon-Pig for getting it. I was starting to pull out my hair with the "voting" comments. California gun owners are a very passionate and active group, but are very out numbered. I vote at all elections large and small even though I know that most likely my vote will not count that much. It is going to be interesting WHEN this administration grants amnesty to all of the illegals in this country. Then the left will have millions of voting puppets and the boarder states are going to be hit hard. I fear that then a lot of folks will understand what banging their heads against a wall in a voting booth feels like.

Don't blame California gun owners for this states laws. The numbers in this state are against us... And like many former CA residents on this forum. I too plan on retiring to another state...
  • RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    Interesting thing is that the majority libs in CA are recent imports from other states and of course the illegals who vote. I remember when Orange County was one of the most conservative places in America. Bob Dornan (AKA B1 Bob) was congressman for many years. Now he's been replaced by a mexican woman (Sanchez) who was elected by illegals.

I'll help you if you can organize a meaningful march on Sacremento. If you can get say 10,000 people with pitchforks and/or firearms that might get the attention of the governator and the nonothing politicians.
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Start

www.gaysforguns.com

Pretty soon all of you Kali will beon your knees scoooping up AKs ARs & KY[:0]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Do a search...