In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sheriff Joe to Release Findings on Obama

Leeroy JenkinsLeeroy Jenkins Member Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
Sheriff Joe to Release Findings on Obama Investigation

http://www.wnd.com/2012/02/media-finally-paying-attention-to-eligibility/

PHOENIX, Ariz. - Poll after poll in recent months has indicated that Americans have a high level of concern over Barack Obama's eligibility to be president, with one poll showing fully half of the nation wants Congress to investigate the question.

But reporters for the traditional media - networks, major newspapers, major news corporations and conglomerates - mostly have giggled when talk turns to the serious question of just what the U.S. Constitution requires of presidents.

Nevertheless, media organizations from all political persuasions are seeking admittance to a news conference to be held by Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County, Ariz.

The event is tomorrow at 1 p.m. Mountain Standard Time in Phoenix, 3 p.m. Eastern, and will be live-streamed by WND.

The topic of discussion will be an investigation by Arpaio's Cold Case Posse into concerns about Obama's eligibility. It's the first time an official law enforcement report has addressed many of the allegations about the presumptive 2012 Democratic nominee for president.

The issues include Obama's eligibility under the U.S. Constitution's requirements, questions about his use of a Connecticut Social Security number and the image of his purported birth certificate from Hawaii.

In addition to the live-streaming, WND will make available to the public, the same day by email, the official report distributed to media by Arpaio's investigators. Those interested in receiving the report can sign up for the free service.

Top national media organizations have indicated their plans to attend, and bookings for radio and television reports are in the works. Expected are reporters from the Associated Press, Reuters, Univision, the Washington Times and NBC, CBS and ABC affiliates, as well statewide radio networks, among many others.

Because of the circumstances, a decision was made to hold the press conference at the sheriff's training center on the outskirts of Phoenix, rather than at the downtown office.

The event is expected to draw protesters who object to the sheriff's office review of allegations that Obama may attempt to use a fraudulent document to have his name placed on the 2012 presidential election ballot in Arizona.

Without releasing any details, Arpaio has said the findings "could be a shock."

He constituted a special five-member law enforcement posse last year to investigate allegations brought by members of the Surprise, Ariz., Tea Party that the Obama birth certificate released to the public by the White House on April 27 might be a forgery.

The posse is made up of three former law enforcement officers and two retired attorneys with law enforcement experience. Members have been examining evidence since September concerning Obama's eligibility to be president under Article 2, Section 1 of the Constitution, which requires a president to be a natural-born citizen.

Among other issues, there also have been allegations of Obama's use of a Social Security number that corresponds to a Connecticut address, even though the president apparently had no links there.

WND earlier reported a private investigation found that the Social Security number being used by Obama does not pass a check with E-Verify, the electronic system the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security has created to verify whether or not someone is authorized to work legally in the country.

Arpaio's investigation is the first official law enforcement look at the allegations surrounding Obama's eligibility. Many of the private investigators who have examined it contend there are too many questionable circumstances to believe that everything regarding Obama is above-board.

Arpaio previously told WND that when he launched his Cold Case Posse it was with the possibility that he would clear Obama.

He said it wasn't an issue he could ignore, after 250 members of the tea party organization "came to me and asked their sheriff to investigate Obama and the birth certificate."

The WND TV live-streaming coverage of the news conference Thursday is possible through the support of the Western Center for Journalism.

The decisions in dozens of court cases over the last few years questioning Obama's eligibility were typified by a recent decision in Georgia in which several individuals filed challenges to Obama's name on the 2012 ballot and provided evidence to a hearing officer.

Even though Obama and his lawyer deliberately snubbed the case - the lawyer wrote the judge a letter in advance telling him Obama would not attend - the judge threw out the evidence presented by several attorneys and ruled in favor of Obama.

Similar ballot challenges are being filed in a long list of other states already.

The Arpaio investigators were given the case following a meeting held in the sheriff's office Aug. 17, 2011, with tea party representatives from Surprise, Ariz., who presented a petition signed by more than 250 Maricopa County residents. The petitioners expressed concern that their voting rights could be irreparably compromised if Obama uses a forged birth certificate to be placed on the 2012 presidential ballot in Arizona or otherwise is found to be ineligible.

The tea party letter formally stated the following charge: "The Surprise Tea Party is concerned that no law enforcement agency or other duly constituted government agency has conducted an investigation into the Obama birth certificate to determine if it is in fact an authentic copy of 1961 birth records on file for Barack Obama at the Hawaii Department of Health in Honolulu, or whether it, or they are forgeries."

The posse was constituted as a 501(c)3 organization, designed to cost the people of Maricopa County nothing, while enabling people from around the country to contribute to its mission.

Those wishing to send a tax-deductible contribution directly to the Cold Case Posse may do so by mailing a check or money order to: MCSO Cold Case Posse, P.O. Box 74374, Phoenix, AZ 85087.

WND has reported that dozens of experts with varying ranges of competency who have looked at the situation believe the birth documentation image released by Obama last year is not genuine.

A flying-banner and billboard campaign to let people know about the questions regarding eligibility that was started by WND CEO and Editor Joseph Farah also has raised the public's awareness of the situation.

Farah wrote recently that the underlying question to be determined is whether the U.S. Constitution remains the law of the land, or whether it has become "an archaic old document that needs to be amended."

"At its core, it's really quite simple: Does Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution dealing with who can serve as president of the United States simply mean that any citizen age 35 or older is eligible? If so, why did the founders use a different term altogether - `natural born citizen'? What is a `natural born citizen'? Is it anyone born in the United States? If so, why have candidates born outside the United States been deemed eligible? Do we owe it to America's future to go back in history to determine what that term actually means?

"Until now, as hard as it may be to believe, no official vetting of Obama's credentials has been done - not by the 50 secretaries of state who oversee elections, not by the Federal Elections Commission that administers the nation's elections laws, not by the Electoral College, not by any judge in America, not by Congress, not by anyone," he continued.

Even before the results become public, Farah said he's confident there will be a significant impact.

"I strongly believe it could be a game-changer," he said.

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The topic of his eligibility is moot. He is POTUS.
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost

Fact.

However, the issue we need to focus on is making sure he's a one term president. If his ineligibility can be verified before the next election, we can satisfy this goal.
  • Options
    dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The way i see it if hes not American either fraud or deportation is in order.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    The comments to this thread will largely indicate that the provisions and requirements specifically laid out in the Constitution to be eligible to be POTUS, are not important to many people.

This issue is no different from many, many other constitutional requirements that people willingly and blithely ignore.
  • Options
    A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1

If not legally eligible, then what?

Charge him with fraud and remove him from office?

If not legally qualified and fraudulently elected? What happens next? Joe Biden move into the White House?
  • Options
    Wyatt EarpWyatt Earp Member Posts: 5,871
    edited November -1

Yeah sure, when I was 9 my older brothers took me aside and told me there was no Santa, and now you do this to me??? [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by A J Christ

If not legally qualified and fraudulently elected? What happens next? Joe Biden move into the White House?

I am convinced you could sit a blow up doll in Obama's chair in the Oval Office and it would do a better job.

I don't know what it'll take for people to realize that Obama isn't simply an inept pissant - he is actively trying to change this country for the worse.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So who thinks Santorum is eligibile? Weren't his folks "Americanized" after he was born?
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    I will be there for the Public Hangin'[;)]
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by yoshmyster
    So who thinks Santorum is eligibile? Weren't his folks "Americanized" after he was born?

He was born in VA. It doesn't matter where his parents were born or if they were citizens at the time. Thanks to the anchor baby clause, he's in.

With Obama there's two charges: 1. He was born in Kenya. His mother was not old enough to fulfill the requirements to impart citizenship via one American parent to a child born overseas. 2. He WAS born in HI, but expatriated his citizenship when adopted by an Indonesian national, and failed the residency requirement to reclaim it without prejudice.

If either of these charges are true, then by the letter of the law he is NOT eligible.

I agree with bpost, at this point it is a moot point (even though it shouldn't be) but if it WERE to be proven, it might keep him off the ballot in Nov.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Obama is like that crazy guy who lived down the road when you were a kid. You knew something was wrong with him but technically the authorities had no proof so he was allowed to live amongst you.

Everyone knew something was amiss, even your parents told you to stay away from him.

Sure enough, years later you read in the newspaper that he'd been caught having sex with his goats in his barn and sacrificing ducks in his livingroom in some bizarre cult ritual. That allowed police to finally get a warrant which allowed them to find the mummified body of his mother in the closet, whom he'd dismembered 15 years earlier.

When Obama is out of office we will learn all about all the reasons he should never have been in there in the first place.
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodshed87
    I will bring the potato salad.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cartod
    quote:Originally posted by woodshed87
    I will bring the potato salad.

Don't know anything? Potato salad is innapropriate for a public hanging. Nachos is the way to go, with really hot jalepenos so you can enjoy the memory again tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jonk
    quote:Originally posted by yoshmyster

He was born in VA. It doesn't matter where his parents were born or if they were citizens at the time. Thanks to the anchor baby clause, he's in.

I guess I remember learnings from school differently.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    reminds me of al capone's vault at this point
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by A J Christ

never happen...Obama himself could walk out on stage, in a live NEWS conference, declare the he is not a citizen, declare he is not eligible and he'd still continue on...because no one of substance or power would have the cajones to stop him, and he'd have the a support of all the Lib Politicians anyways..."oh he may not meet the letter of the law, but he meets the spirit, and after all we need him in this dire hour of democracy"...blah blah blah

I have zero faith in any of these basterds
  • Options
    TexasVetTexasVet Member Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If they come up with proof that Obama isn't a citizen,
    our only hope is that states can come up with a way to keep him
    off the ballot for another term.

Long shot....
  • Options
    utbrowningmanutbrowningman Member Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan
    reminds me of al capone's vault at this point

Geraldo will be there?
  • Options
    ForkliftkingForkliftking Member Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Live streaming video of this will be on in 2 minutes.
    http://www.wnd.com/arpaio-report/
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine won't stream. I'll have to watch it later on Youtube.
  • Options
    1880texan1880texan Member Posts: 978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sadly this ain't the same America that most of us once knew & loved. This is modern AmeriKa full of apathetic, self loving zomie types who care more about who wins American Idol or the Super Bowl then they do about their freedoms & rights. Most just barely have any concept of what those rights are and a lot of them are foreigners who could careless as they are only here for economic reasons & are not obeying the laws anyhow. Obuma is what but what new AmeriKa stands for [:(] The Constitution & Bill of Rights are all but trashed. Obuma is a figurehead for 'the powers that be' (TPTB) and their agenda. TPTB are banksters, corporations, and a self stylized fascism rolled up into a bureaucratic dictatorship. One can find all the evidence it can proving the dictator cannot legally rule and what will hapeen is: A) the evidence gets ignored, B) the law is changed or interepted to make is void), or C) who ever finds the evidence has a 'accident'. We're screwed unless enough grow a pair like they had back at Lexington & Concord.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    Sheriff Joe may just 'disappear' one of these days. [V]

It has been known to happen. [xx(][}:)]

So who's going to carry this out BlackOps, Seal Team 6, Mexican Cartel who's actually freelance American Merc? Or better yet some obama zombie like that Reagan shooter. What was his name?
  • Options
    JackBwrJackBwr Member Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I understand the concern and am always willing to listen to somebody's argument that he may not have been eligible. I think it's important and I've argued it with people who couldn't care less. Some defend him.

I will say though, I'm often presented with the following response:

"The republican party would have done anything to obtain power. If there was any way possible to prove that he wasn't eligible, they would have found it, presented it and he would have been kicked out.

Would have also damaged the reputation of the democrat party. Since they didn't present any united, viable argument or information, the information must not exist."

Don't have an answer for that, (unless you want to believe it's a bigger conspiracy) but I think the whole issue is fishy.

Fact of the matter is, if you took a cross section of a million random Americans, you'd be hard pressed to find a single person with as messed up a background as Obama. Multi-named. World traveler. Calls multiple locations home. Sketchy details. Almost like a fictional movie character.

On a side note, I think it's funny how they lived in Chicago their whole lives, but they fly to Hawaii for every holiday. The farthest US soil form DC.
    I'd like the Sheriff to look up how many trips the Obamas made to Hawaii when they were on their own dime. My guess is zero. It seems phony to me.
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's the results...as if we needed anyone to tell us the truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDMk35bw-HE
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bambambam
    Here's the results...as if we needed anyone to tell us the truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDMk35bw-HE

How could anyone not trust the opinion of a guy wearing a 1911 tie clip?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:"The republican party would have done anything to obtain power. If there was any way possible to prove that he wasn't eligible, they would have found it, presented it and he would have been kicked out.If one accepts that there is actually and in effect only 'one' party, one with two-wings, not two parties, perhaps the underlying goals (the next steps) of whoever/whatever 'drives' that single-party could be advanced only with a Marxist, 'this time'; a Marxist who then can be demonized for doing what was actually planned all along and then summarily ousted, ushering in a conquering 'republican-hero' to further advance the ball down field.

Problem is, the underlying policies, erosion of liberty and abrogations of the Constitution never cease or change, except on their periphery.

Weird, huh?
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    quote:"The republican party would have done anything to obtain power. If there was any way possible to prove that he wasn't eligible, they would have found it, presented it and he would have been kicked out.If one accepts that there is actually and in effect only 'one' party, one with two-wings, not two parties, perhaps the underlying goals (the next steps) of whoever/whatever 'drives' that single-party could be advanced only with a Marxist, 'this time'; a Marxist who then can be demonized for doing what was actually planned all along and then summarily ousted, ushering in a conquering 'republican-hero' to further advance the ball down field.

Problem is, the underlying policies, erosion of liberty and abrogations of the Constitution never cease or change, except on their periphery.

Weird, huh?
    "You" da man....!!Did you know that "Greg" Gutfield is a Libertarian?[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Did you know that "Greg" Gutfield is a Libertarian?Lots of people call themselves lots of things.

Obama says he is eligible.

O'Pukely says he is fair & balanced.

Mark Levin says he stands for the Constitution and for liberty.

Romney, Santorum and Gingrich all claim to be supportive of the Constitution, of Amendment II and to be for limited government.

The republican-wing of the party claims a mantra which is false.

Bob Barr (for God's sake!) ran as a Libertarian last time around and he is about as Libertarian as Obama.

The NRA claims to support Amendment II, while at the same time pushing, lobbying and actually assisting in the writing of gun-control legislation, government prohibitions, government restrictions and gun-law enforcement.

What is your point, pwillicus?
  • Options
    bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
    edited November -1
    Bad idea on Arpaio's part, he might just end up like Breitbart
  • Options
    Horney toadHorney toad Member Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    "You" da man....!!Did you know that "Greg" Gutfield is a non-funny Libertarian?[;)]

fixed it for ya
  • Options
    edited November -1
    At this point it is Moot,, what are they going to do??