In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

THE OLD SHOTGUN IS ON ITS WAY...

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited June 2007 in General Discussion
Dont know if you remember this post, so I copied it...

quote:Classic095
Advanced Member

USA
14229 Posts
Posted - 06/11/2007 : 7:27:44 PM

Are there amy real bonafide gunsmiths left in the USA? Have they gone the way of the Automobile mechanic where today all you have are parts changers. I dont mean the guys that replace grips , a screw, or a spring that call themselves gunsmiths. I need one that knows what he is doing and can make me a part.

I just got this gun back after one year, one month, and 8 days from a GUNSMITH" that said he could fix it, I picked the gun up yesterday , and all I got was "I couldnt find the part" I told the dingbat that if I could have found the part I would not of had to bring the gun to him that I expected him to make the part. He said "I tried to make the part, but it broke" , His final comment was "everyone wants it yesterday". Excuse me one year, one month and 8 days aint exactly yesterday...besides that he broke a chunk off the grip cap..GRRRRRRRR

KNOW ANY REAL GUNSMITHS?????????????????

Further down in the thread, he said we had found a gunsmith...SO the gun went out yesterday....Talked to him via phone a few times...very very nice guy....He said to ship the gun to him, he will go over it, call us with a price and we go from there...He already quoted us a price for fixing the one part, but there is also the damage done by the other gunsmith....
The shotgun was sent priority, insured, signature required...will keekp the updates and let you know the guys work...

Rosie..
Is your O/U and Ithaca?...