In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

CC&R LIC.

phillipphillip Member Posts: 2,948
edited July 2007 in General Discussion
What is it?And what can you do with it?What would disquallalify you on the background check?

Comments

• hotshoothotshoot Member Posts: 4,227
    edited November -1
    C&R ??

The C&R is basically a collector's license. It's intent is to allow you to pursue your hobby of collecting without going through an FFL.(Federal Licensed DEALER)

The firearms you purchase have to fit a certain criteria---50 years old--historical value--played a role in history--etc-etc. There is a list and if the particular gun you want is not on the list-you can not buy it using the C&R license. You can however buy it from a dealer like a modern gun.

You CAN NOT buy them to sell. It is NOT a dealer's license and you could get screwed for doing that.
    So DON"T DO IT. plain and simple.
  • phillipphillip Member Posts: 2,948
    edited November -1
  • Old FoolOld Fool Member Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It also allows you to purchase guns accross state lines. That means that I can win an item on GB and have it shipped directly to my door step[:D].

OldFool.jpg
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old Fool
    It also allows you to purchase guns accross state lines. That means that I can win an item on GB and have it shipped directly to my door step[:D].

OldFool.jpg

As long as the gun is C&R eligable![;)][:D]