.

44 some odd posts...maybe 3 about guns!!!

Flying Clay DiskFlying Clay Disk Member Posts: 34,699 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2005 in General Discussion
Disappointed.

Seems like this place has changed. Too much PC Krap, politics, arguing, petty bickering...and not enough about...well...y'all figger' it out!

Disk, the irritated (in the spirit of a 'Mudge' type tag-line)



FCD

"Fortes et liber"

Comments

  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk
    Disappointed.
    Seems like this place has changed. Too much PC Krap, politics, arguing, petty bickering...and not enough about...well...y'all figger' it out!

    Disk, the irritated (in the spirit of a 'Mudge' type tag-line)



    FCD

    "Fortes et liber"


    Me, too.

    I think I'll take a gun and shoot myself.

    Does this count now? [:o)]
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,231 ******
    edited November -1
    Nah don't do that Martin, then there'd be even less talk about guns. You posted a topic about the DSA FAL a while back. Firearm related posts are great, I guess it just gets a little slow from time to time.











    Man's last hope... The Star Wars Kid.. Jedi Master!

    star_wars_kid.gif
  • pickenuppickenup Member, Moderator Posts: 22,343 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk
    44 some odd posts...maybe 3 about guns
    Sounds about normal.




    The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • MRBEANMRBEAN Member Posts: 562 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I started off with a gun-related thread. It was promplty shutdown/lockedup (por que?). So what can ya do? Just browse what's here, and jump into the flow!
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,672 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ramtinxxl
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk
    Disappointed.
    Seems like this place has changed. Too much PC Krap, politics, arguing, petty bickering...and not enough about...well...y'all figger' it out!

    Disk, the irritated (in the spirit of a 'Mudge' type tag-line)



    FCD

    "Fortes et liber"


    Me, too.

    I think I'll take a gun and shoot myself.

    Does this count now? [:o)]

    Post a picture of the gun and tell us what load you are using first, so we can all decide who could have done it better.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK
    Me, too.

    I think I'll take a gun and shoot myself.


    Post a picture of the gun and tell us what load you are using first, so we can all decide who could have done it better.

    Nope, it'll be posted POSTHUMOUSLY so I won't have to feel bad for making a poor choice. I'm SO sensitive, you know. [;)]
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,231 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ramtinxxl
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK
    Me, too.

    I think I'll take a gun and shoot myself.


    Post a picture of the gun and tell us what load you are using first, so we can all decide who could have done it better.

    Nope, it'll be posted POSTHUMOUSLY so I won't have to feel bad for making a poor choice. I'm SO sensitive, you know. [;)]


    Can you order that FAL befor you go through with it? I'll make a trip over and pick it up and shoot it in your memory ever so often.[:D][;)]









    Man's last hope... The Star Wars Kid.. Jedi Master!

    star_wars_kid.gif
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    It's gonna be tricky on the timing...'cause I'll have to use the insurance money to order the rifle and they don't pay until they have a death certificate in hand so...hey, wait a minute...my wife works for a funeral home and she gets DC's every day.

    Hmmmmm...I smell INSURANCE FRAUD!

    Come on, FAL, come to me, baby!

    Matt, I'll let you know when it gets in and we can BOTH go shoot it!

    Woo-hoo! I'm a freaking jeanyus! [:D]
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 13,043
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk
    Disappointed.

    General Discussion
    Exchange messages with other users about virtually any other topic of interest. Please - no Want Ads, For Sale Ads, tech support questions, whining, or griping. Be nice.

    Given the above, why should you be disappointed? Besides, posting your disappointment is a gripe. Griping is in violation of board rules. In addition, your thread is exactly the type you are complaining about seeing. You are a paradox wrapped in an enigma stuffed in a burrito. Be happy again before Nunn sends you to the cornfield.
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,231 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DancesWithSheep
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk
    Disappointed.

    General Discussion
    Exchange messages with other users about virtually any other topic of interest. Please - no Want Ads, For Sale Ads, tech support questions, whining, or griping. Be nice.

    Given the above, why should you be disappointed? Besides, posting your disappointment is a gripe. Griping is in violation of board rules. In addition, your thread is exactly the type you are complaining about seeing. You are a paradox wrapped in an enigma stuffed in a burrito. Be happy again before Nunn sends you to the cornfield.



    DWS - How long does it take you to come up with this stuff?

    Martin - Have you decided yet on what rifle you want? I fired a FAL that belonged to a friend of mine a while back. I throughly enjoyed that experience.









    Man's last hope... The Star Wars Kid.. Jedi Master!

    star_wars_kid.gif
  • MRBEANMRBEAN Member Posts: 562 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DWS, darn good point but now I'm hungry. I shake my fist in rage at the!
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Hey FCD, you gotta not take the trolls and liberals so seriously. Just try to fly above the flak and enjoy yourself. If'n you get one in the crosshairs though ya gotta take the shot or find the stones to dive in and bomb the bejeezus out of 'em without getting offended[:D]

    Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Beeramid

    Martin - Have you decided yet on what rifle you want? I fired a FAL that belonged to a friend of mine a while back. I throughly enjoyed that experience.



    Yep, I think I'm going to look for a DSA FAL SA58 Carbine--plain dust cover as opposed to the picatinny jobby (much cheaper and I read that the plain one accepts a scope mount just fine). I've thought about the Stainless model but that adds a couple hundred clams which I'm currently short of, if you know what I mean. Probably go with the plain black furniture, too, since they want big bucks for those fancy "duracoat" finishes.

    Here's the website so you can drool, too: http://www.dsarms.com/index.cfm [;)] Click on the top picture, then on the SA58C and you'll see the "object of my obsession," gun-wise, anyway.

    Seriously, when (if) I get it, I'll give you a shout and maybe we can meet somewhere and give'er a workout. [8D]
  • the loveable rat...the loveable rat... Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it beats watching fighting dinosaurs on tv. its a good thing. a real good thing...
  • RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 5,012
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk
    Disappointed.

    Seems like this place has changed. Too much PC Krap, politics, arguing, petty bickering...and not enough about...well...y'all figger' it out!



    Sad but true....I came here originally because of the firearm discussions, don't frequent here as much...spend more time on some of the gun specific boards.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 19,211 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I figure this'll be a good place to ask. What's with all the give aways for posting certain numbers?
  • hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yoshmeister,
    giveaways are some kind of tradition where the kindness and generosity of those giving things away is ridiculed by those tyring to get something for free.

    I'd like to see more gun realted topics and I try to stay out of the politics, but they keep sucking me back in.

    Ramtin,

    Scope mounts that attach to the stamped sheetmetal duscover on the Fal stink. You are much metter off going with one of the heavy duty alloy mounts with Picatinny rails and mounting screws that assure the cover wont move. I usued a dust cover mount on my stg 58 and took the scope off cause it was so much more inacurate than the excellent fixed sights on the stg. Then I got a good mount from DSA, I think it cost about $60, and mounted the same scope. Immediately the gun started shooting inside 2 inches at 100 yards and I was hitting human-sized targets out to 400 yards with the same ammo.
  • RadCatRadCat Member Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MRBEAN
    I started off with a gun-related thread. It was promplty shutdown/lockedup (por que?). So what can ya do? Just browse what's here, and jump into the flow!




    [V][V][xx(] Nunn hates guns. Guns can harm bad guys. Not enough bad guys (perps) to chase in his "regular" job. [:D][:D][:D][8D][8D]





    ______________________________________________
    running_moose1.gif
    "If it ain't broke, fix it anyway... make it better!" (RadCat)
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hughbetcha

    Ramtin,

    Scope mounts that attach to the stamped sheetmetal duscover on the Fal stink. You are much metter off going with one of the heavy duty alloy mounts with Picatinny rails and mounting screws that assure the cover wont move. I usued a dust cover mount on my stg 58 and took the scope off cause it was so much more inacurate than the excellent fixed sights on the stg. Then I got a good mount from DSA, I think it cost about $60, and mounted the same scope. Immediately the gun started shooting inside 2 inches at 100 yards and I was hitting human-sized targets out to 400 yards with the same ammo.


    Thanks, Hugh, for the input. Sounds reasonable to me. I don't remember where I read the other viewpoint, but I trust your experience better. Thanks again. A local dealer has one in stock equipped as you indicate. I'll take another look-see. [8D][^]
  • hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ramtin,

    B-Square also makes good Fal scope mount. The key is the allen-head screws used to lock the cover tightly to the receiver. Use locktite or some high temp thread locking compound on the screws.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    There is more to life than "GUNS" if that was all that was talked about it would get BORING, I get enough Gun Talk at the range, to last all week..[}:)][}:)]Besides something tells me that "General Discussion" and "Any other topic" means just that..[}:)][}:)][:0]


    yo-yo.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.