In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

SPLC

Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,824 ✭✭
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
Hah!

http://washingtonexaminer.com/shocked-anti-defamation-league-slaps-fbi-diss-on-hate-crimes/article/2546305

The Southern Poverty Law Center, which has labeled several Washington, D.C.-based family organizations as "hate groups" for favoring traditional marriage, has been dumped as a "resource" on the FBI's Hate Crime Web page, a significant rejection of the influential legal group.

[^]

Allen

Comments

• Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,824 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many of the cops here have had to attend their seminars?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/dilorenzo/dilorenzo209.html

J.T.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,807 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not I, I've seen SPLC literature, reports and "alerts" but not had or even seen any of their training offered in my area.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,807 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    they have a report out in conjunction with DOJ or DHS (can't remember)about the Sovereign Movement.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I was sent years ago to go to one on the importance of 'hate crimes' legislation and enforcement. This was during the 'spin-up' period of the drive to get Arizona to pass such legislation.

It was put on by the anti-defamation league and SPLC minions.

I ended up leaving at lunchtime, but not before a very pointed discussion about a bad-act being a bad-act, regardless of the bias that may be associated with it and how a murder, rape or other bad-act was no better or worse due to any bias associated with it.

I was about as popular as a rabid skunk in a church meeting.[:)]

As far as other SPLC spew, the agency is bombarded with unwanted and unsolicited propaganda-magazines they author, 'The Intelligence Report', which is billed as "The Intelligence Report is the Southern Poverty Law Center's award-winning magazine. The quarterly publication provides comprehensive updates to law enforcement agencies...".

In it they regularly attempt to demonize and make ties to domestic terrorism and extremism with self-identified constitutionalists, Second Amendment advocates, constitutional third-party supporters, tea party types and anyone who believes that there is a focused effort by government to move toward a global-state.

I was given the okay, at my request, to contact them and have them cease sending their propaganda, but so far, the spew keeps flowing.

I also see their subversive fingers and propaganda incorporated in training bulletins that are sent to our agency as 'required reading'. I have called the distributing-entity on that inclusion also, never got a response, but the SPLC propaganda has thus far ceased in those bulletins.

The subversive-SPLC is also tied in tighter than a tick with DHS and has a seat on their advisory council and they have a training development role/connection.

Almost every agency is now subjected to DHS generated and fusion-center or state counter-terrorism information/intelligence center (ACTIC) 'alerts' or 'bulletins'.

It has gotten progressively worse each year.

The onslaught to identify constitutionalist-minded citizens as dangerous and extremist is focused and becoming more wide-spread and more accepted as commonly accepted wisdom.

The enemies of the Republic are many, they are generally in government positions or affiliated with government and they have the money, the sanction, the backing and resources to accomplish their mission.

At some point, I believe relatively soon, clear frightening choices are going to present themselves for even the most ignorant and apathetic amongst the populous.

It is coming...