In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

POLL.....YOUR OPINION PLEASE..

2»

Comments

• dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Nothing as good as a Black Diamond (seed type) watermelon cold and sliced up. In fact, I've got two cooling for a BBQ on the 4th! The most fun is watching the grandkids eat it![;)]
  • iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    I like the "sugar baby" type myself. Also like the yellow-meat melons, probably better than some of the red-meat varieties. "Yellow baby" is a good yellow melon. They are not much bigger than a large cantelope. Easier for 2 people to eat, seeing as how my kids are crazy and don't like watermelon.
  • remington nutremington nut Member Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if you can get a nice ripe 5 gallon bucket size watermelon and *plug* it as we call it with a quart of shine, freeze it overnight you'll have the makings for a good party the next day of course this is and adult watermelon and the kiddies should stay far away
  • zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Eat'em year 'round here. California central valley & local
    in the summer and Chilean during the winter. [:D]
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    Ill have what youre having[:D]
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...an ice cold ripe watermelon...yeah buddy! Seeds, no seeds...if it's ripe, it's good.
    The BEST method of testing for a ripe one? Like dcon said. If you get them from the grocer and that is not an option? Thump, check the stem whatever you like best...but "disscreetly"? Spare me...Let me see...your not stealing the damn thing, your checking for ripeness...[8D]

ani-texas-flag.gif