In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I need help - unable to upload pictures

92gtragtop92gtragtop Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
I've been trying for 5 days to put up a 4 sale ad, but keep getting "The system encountered an unrecoverable error" message. I installed GunBroker's "advanced image uploader - 64 bit" but the error message continues. I'm running Windows 10 home edition and using Explorer 11 browser. The JPEG images are 1024x768. I've submitted 3 requests for help, but all GunBroker will do is provide some "canned" articles which are no help.

If you can help, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks John

Comments

• Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When you get to the page asking you to upload pictures click on the "Use standard uploader" button. I don't remember exactly what it says but if you can't get the advanced reloader to work you have to use the old uploader. Just click on the link/button that says something about a different picture loader.

Hope that helps but thousands of people use the auction side everyday, the problem is usually somewhere on your end.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for responding. I tried the standard uploader first, without success, then installed the advanced image uploader, again without success. I've uploaded lots of pictures on ebay, {elsewhere}, and forums I participate on. GunBroker is the first web site I've had a problem uploading pictures. What really *isses me off is that GB just ignores my requests for help.
  • Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 92gtragtop
    Thanks for responding. I tried the standard uploader first, without success, then installed the advanced image uploader, again without success. I've uploaded lots of pictures on ebay, {elsewhere}, and forums I participate on. GunBroker is the first web site I've had a problem uploading pictures. What really *isses me off is that GB just ignores my requests for help.

Download Firefox or Google chrome, they are better browsers than explorer anyhow. Takes about 2 minutes to get firefox, then retry.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've got both Firefox and Chrome on my laptop and have played with them, but prefer to stay with Explorer.

Is there anyone who has windows 10/Explorer 11 and been able to upload pictures to GunBroker ?
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,294 ******
    edited November -1
    I've got both Firefox and Chrome on my laptop and have played with them, but prefer to stay with Explorer.

Is there anyone who has windows 10/Explorer 11 and been able to upload pictures to GunBroker ?
    [:D][:D] LOL! That's hilarious!
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

[:D][:D] LOL! That's hilarious!

Not seeing the propaganda M.S. explorer can "spit out" is enough to keep me from using explorer, bing, or whatever else MS pushes on the public.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,683 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gun Broker is working on updating some things and the photo uploader isn't working.....BUT.....no worries, it is easy to work around.

You have two choices.

1...When you get to the part where you upload pictures, scroll down a bit and you will see the older photo uploader link "basic picture uploader" and you can upload 4 pictures at a time.

OR

2...Click on the box that says "Continue to Preview" and you can go in and upload your listing WITHOUT pictures. Once the listing is uploaded you can go into that listing and there is a box at the top that says "Add Pictures"......this is what I choose to do because it lets you add 10 pictures at a time with the advanced picture uploader.

Gun Broker's support is tied down and they would eventually get to your question, but they have so many people submitting multiple requests that it ties their system down.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the intelligent response; its refreshing to see something like this. Can you tell me what GunBroker's maximum permissible screen size is ?
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,683 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the intelligent response; its refreshing to see something like this. Can you tell me what GunBroker's maximum permissible screen size is ?

I'm sorry I didn't see your question until just now. Gun Broker resizes the picture, so whatever your pictures size they will be fixed when you upload them. I'm sure there are specifics listed on the website, but I'm not sure what the size is myself.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com