In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How do you STOP your kids from growing???

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
I think mine are as old as I want them......we can stop now!!!
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can't! Have one daughter and treasure the memories of when she was younger. However, she's 21 now and making us proud. She has a year to go and then hopefully off to a med school.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I took the younger two to visit my oldest at her job today....the manager went on and on about how much she loved Coral. (She works at Styx now.) I just love spending time with them. I know when they are all a little bit older I won't get to see them much. This just breaks my heart.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,999 ******
    edited November -1
    make them smoke. It stunts growth. I smoked for 34 years and quit growing at 6' 3". I was gonna be a 7' 9" b-ball player.[:(][V] [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Only one of mine smokes....and it just tears me up too. She knows how bad it is for her, but its something she seems to be stuck doing. As long as I am alive I will TRY to get her to quit....and I will NOT have her do it around me.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,999 ******
    edited November -1
    alot of peer influence at that age,along with the I'm indestructable attitude. The look its not hurting me,I can still.....,,, Sure hope she quits soon.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hey Kasey don't you know how to make some more[}:)][;)][?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We're not starting this over any time soon. I can wait for my grand-babies to come along before we go there!!!!
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remove their legs.... Or better yet, take out the gullet. [:D]
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    Only one of mine smokes....and it just tears me up too. She knows how bad it is for her, but its something she seems to be stuck doing. As long as I am alive I will TRY to get her to quit....and I will NOT have her do it around me.
    Kasey... Smoking isn't good for her, you, Larry, or her siblings and friends...

Ask around where you live and find a cancer survivor willing to talk with her...
    First hand knowledge is the best instructor...

I hope you don't give up on this... STAY WITH IT!
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Grandchildren are God's reward for not drowning your kids when they turn 13!

Our oldest girl became a grandmother last year. I just cannot connect the term grandmother with the little girl with the skinned up knees. Our oldest son is a retired US Marine. I cannot make the leap of connecting the concept of a retired Marine NCO with the little boy learning to shoot sitting- because he could not hold a .22 up while standing offhand.

Our youngest son called me the other night- HIS son just got his learner's pemit- and son wanted to know if I could take grandson for some driving lessons in the afternoon.

I am so confused- when did all this HAPPEN? I swear they were arguing over who got the toy in the box of Lucky Charms last week. I do not remember becoming a geezer- but when grandson called me this morning to make sure I was OK after power failure last night....
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The satisfaction comes when they "grow old enough to realize how often you actually were RIGHT". My two oldest(28 & 32 this year) have reached that level and often reveal to me that they see my ideas were correct.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just can't believe how far my oldest has come this year. She is my hard headed baby. She really gave me fits when she was 16-18...when she turned 19 we saw a light at the end of the tunnel, but we weren't sure she could reach the potential we saw in her. Now that she is 20 I am so surprised and proud of her. No, she isn't on the fast track to being a doctor and she isn't starting her own business or marrying a fortune 500 company prez.....but she IS working and planning for herself. I was just shocked when I heard her say "I can't go with you guys to the beach because I have to work." That is a moment that will stick with me forever......just like the time my son petted my arm in the car and said "Thank you for working so hard for us" Coral smoking drives me crazy. I just can't see how a young person these days could ever start smoking? The older generation had a lot less information....a lot more romanticized portraits of smoking (movies, ads and such)...so, I can see how a 40+ year old person would have started. I just will not understand why people would ever start these days???