In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How does this happen auction

shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
I spend a lot of time on here and sometimes things make my radar perk up.

This auction, on a used gun mind you, ended on 11/29, the seller and buyer exchanged feedback on 12/1 and the used gun was relisted on 12/1.
http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=454543386

The relisted auction:
http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=456086620

I could easily see this as common on a new gun but used???? Just interesting the feedback they left for each other that they both were evidently A+ happy that transaction didn't take place???????????

Comments

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had people back out of the deal who agreed to pay my fees and I relisted the item. That may have happened....who knows???
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hey Joe I have a gun for sale how about you giving me an opening bid. Darn Joe no one else bid[:(] OK lets try it again[V] we need to spray some WD40 on it so it will not look Like it has been sand blasted and dull black painted stock and all.[:o)] There is a pistol on here That has been listed for 10 years that looks like it fell off empire state building sight is bent so bad you could not even see it holding in your hand to shoot just search on GILES [:0]

I collect Giles so once a week I get a email that one is listed[:X][8]
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Everyone knows that waterfowl can't see the color blue, & this shotgun would be invisible to them.

Neal
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    It certainly is a head scratcher.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I vote with Kasey the buyer , backed out and paid the fees or his wife found out and seen the gun and said WTH. [:D]
  • Options
    claysclays Member Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I collect Giles so once a week I get a email that one is listed.

Perry, I will be listing mine sometime this month, will let you know.
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    I have had people back out of the deal who agreed to pay my fees and I relisted the item. That may have happened....who knows???

Would you give an A+?

And would you expect one in return?

And would you refer to it as a "transaction?"
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigoutside

Would you give an A+?

The feedback system is kind of a joke. Did you know that you can go back and edit your feedback and change it? So if you as a seller give an A+ to a buyer that did as they are supposed too, communicated and paid promptly, and then the buyer gives an A because they were not happy with some aspect, then the seller can go back and lower their feedback accordingly. So what is the point of feedback if it is based on the other guys feedback instead of the buyer or sellers performance?

Frankly I think that feedback should not be visible to either party until they leave their feedback and it is locked in and can not be altered. If they receive bad/questionable feedback then they have an opportunity to reply. It IMO defeats the purpose of feedback if you can go back and change your based on how the other party grades you.
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did the relist run for all 7 days? Perhaps the seller accidentally relisted?
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    Regardless of popular opinion, I do not believe the buyers role always ends when they pay. There is ample opportunity for them to be post-purchase jerks, scammers, etc, and the ability to follow up on feedback is a positive. I leave feedback as soon as I'm paid, but I'm glad there is a system in place that lets me update it if needed.
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The buyer bought a one day auction shotgun shortly after.
    http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=458807551
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh.....if you want to see what precious craziness can go on in regards to feedback check mine out right now. These nut jobs were emailing me last night....WHACKADOOS!!!!!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh.....if you want to see what precious craziness can go on in regards to feedback check mine out right now. These nut jobs were emailing me last night....WHACKADOOS!!!!!

He states it was a consignment auction, Casey.

Is this true?

If it is, how can it be 'Factory New' as stated in your auction?
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

Is this true?

You guys know that I liquidate brand new items all of the time for businesses. Anyone with common sense can just look at the gun and see this is a brand new item.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could there have been more than one 1100?
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Is this true?

You guys know that I liquidate brand new items all of the time for businesses. Anyone with common sense can just look at the gun and see this is a brand new item.

Thanks you for the clarification, Kasey.

Liquidation for a business is different than consignment. Your response to his feedback did not correct his mis-statement, which is why I was curious.

You have always been 100% on the up and up with me, and it was important to me to for this to be cleared up.

Thanks again,

Don
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    quote:Originally posted by bigoutside

Would you give an A+?

The feedback system is kind of a joke. Did you know that you can go back and edit your feedback and change it? So if you as a seller give an A+ to a buyer that did as they are supposed too, communicated and paid promptly, and then the buyer gives an A because they were not happy with some aspect, then the seller can go back and lower their feedback accordingly. So what is the point of feedback if it is based on the other guys feedback instead of the buyer or sellers performance?

Frankly I think that feedback should not be visible to either party until they leave their feedback and it is locked in and can not be altered. If they receive bad/questionable feedback then they have an opportunity to reply. It IMO defeats the purpose of feedback if you can go back and change your based on how the other party grades you.

The feedback system is paramount to the integrity of GB. I too think the feedback system could use improvement. I particularity do not like sellers leaving feedback until the buyer does, but what can be done to fix it?

So many times I hear of sellers here complain (rightfully so) of NPBs. On the otherhand, of my 174 buys on GB, 4 were from sellers who did not have the item.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Is this true?

Thanks you for the clarification, Kasey.

Liquidation for a business is different than consignment. Your response to his feedback did not correct his mis-statement, which is why I was curious.

You have always been 100% on the up and up with me, and it was important to me to for this to be cleared up.

Thanks again,

Don

Its still a consigned item....I don't "own" the item, but it was given to me to sell by someone who owns it. My sales are 1/2 consignment and 1/2 purchases that I have made. It is hard to tell what I might own by looking at my auctions. I can tell you if it is a factory new item I do not own it....because I no longer order items from wholesale distributors. If I had a retail store that would change....but just listing things on line I haven't needed to keep any of them on speed dial like I once did. I do get calls at least twice a week from local pawn shops that need money who know I will show up any time they call and buy guns quickly. Most of those items are listed on Tuesdays and run for 5 days. I don't like fussing with non paying bidders. I would MUCH rather just file the NPB and let Gun Broker terminate their account....which I hope will happen quickly to this guy. Someone with more than one NPB report who backs out of a $3000 sale needs to go.....really.