In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

MC crashes doing 137 MPH C&P

pogybatepogybate Member Posts: 3,150
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
This is about the fastest Ive heard of on the interstate. looked like a Rice Burner on the news, the guy crashed and lived.
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20110430/NEWS02/110430011/Police-chase-ends-when-motorcycle-crashes-into-homeless-camp?odyssey=mod|mostview

Comments

• Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could easily been altra bad for the campers for sure. Did the MC rider have neural or spinal injuries? [?]
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    story doesn't say he crashed traveling 137 mph...could have crashed going 50 for all we know from the story
  • Options
    pogybatepogybate Member Posts: 3,150
    edited November -1
    Dont know the extent of his injuries, lucky to be alive.
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    19 and bullet proof.
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It appears that rider may have dodged the bullet this time; doubt that he even is aware of that fact. [:(]

When I left the service ... I worked for awhile on a physical rehab unit. Most of the folks there were male, most were teens and early twenties, most were spine and neck, most never walk again.

Had a very good friend of mine during that time hit by a woman of malice while he was on his MC doing about 50. He never had any fondness for wearing a helmet. Thought it for sissies and pansies. Got ticketed a copy of times for not wearing it. [V] [:(] [:(!]

Well he was launched airborne ... by then going over 50 ... head first into the curb. Split that helmut like it were a pecan! After that he didn't want to even see that bike without having the helmet strapped on securely. Heck he didn't even want to take it off his head wehn he got off the bike! May have even slept witha helmet on after that for all I know. [^]
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    If it was any where near 137MPH,it SURELY wasn't
    a harley!!