In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Orlando

yawarakaiyawarakai Member Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2006 in General Discussion
I was working a bank the other day and they flashed headlines across their customer monitor to keep you from getting bored while waiting for a teller. One headline was a an Orlando teen was shot in the face during a traffic stop. Anyone hear anything about this? Are they blasting the police for it yet? I know anytime anything happens around here it is the cop's fault as the person shot is always an upstanding citizen who never does anything worng or is turning their life around (like the kid who robbed pizza drivers with a weapon, he was very upstanding)

Comments

• Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    Up in gainesville, haven't heard anything about it. Of course, my TV comes from Satellite, so I get Kalifornia and New York news, nothing in hte state...
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Just do a google search using the words

Orlando teen shot in face

And you will come up with a full page (thats is as far as I went) of the story...Here is just one...

17-year-old in Orlando, Fla., was shot in the face by an Orlando police officer during a traffic stop, according to Local 6 News.

Troy Bennett was shot late Friday on LB McLeod and John Young Parkway in Orlando.

"During that stop the driver tried to flee and in doing so tried to run over an officer," Orlando police spokeswoman Barbara Jones said. "A shot or shots were fired by an Orlando Police Department officer."

Bennett was shot in the face and transported to Orlando Regional Medical Center in serious condition.

Bennett's family questions a bullet hole on the side of the car and its entry point, Local 6's Vanessa Medina said.

"He got shot in his mouth part, his jaw," a family member said.

Bennett's family claims Orlando police is withholding information, Local 6 News reported.

"All I want is answers," Victim's sister Sharon Bennett said. "Why did they shoot him? What is the reason? No answer, no reason."

Local 6 reported that Bennett has an extensive criminal record.

Friday night, detectives said they found cocaine and charged Bennett with possession and intent to sell and two counts of aggravated battery on a law enforcement officer.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating the incident.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Copyright 2006 by Internet Broadcasting Systems and Local6.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
  • Options
    Patriots sonPatriots son Member Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Souds like a good shot[:D]
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    I believe he was shootin for the "ear-hole".Still not a bad shot when you considder he was dodging the car, and trying to get an aimed shot off..

Jeff