In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dove season opens tomorrow.

elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Got the plugs in the guns.. I am ready ( so is my dog ).

Comments

• Options
    elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Clock is set for 3:15, coffee made, lunch packed, let the shooting begin.[:D][:D] I retired, for the 2nd time July 27th, my 65 1/2 birthday. I plan to hunt 'til the snow gets too deep and fish 'til the lakes freeze over. Taking the Browning A5 with a polichoke that I bought new in 1962. Ya think 50 rounds of 7 1/2 is enough? The limit is only 10. My buddy Ray isn't a very good shot, I may have to loan him a few rounds[;)]. Deer season begins September 12 I'm gonna be a happy senior citizen [:D][:D] Life is good & it just got better.[;)] Fast Eddie
  • Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you get way too serious about dove hunting if you are getting up a 3 in the morning.

if the wheat is still to wet to combine tommorrow i plan on sitting out here at my house, down by the grain bins and getting my limit in an hour or so.
  • Options
    hooch31Lhooch31L Member Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    Good luck, and have fun. No, I don't think 50 rds is enough, dang fighter jets is what they are.[}:)][:D]

BTW, how ya cookin' em?
  • Options
    speedbuggy16vspeedbuggy16v Member Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we got to hit the lil bastages before we cook em!
    now we are going out at 6:30
    quick setup and lock and load
    hmmmmmmm.....with BACON

speed
  • Options
    steveaustinsteveaustin Member Posts: 852 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm set too. Bag is only 15 per day but that's as much as I will eat. Care too share any cooking tips?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    the only way I know of is wrapped in bacon over charcoal, I am sure there are other ways, but that one works for me.

speed
  • Options
    steveaustinsteveaustin Member Posts: 852 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We do it the same but with a slice of jalapeno in the breast. Never tried frying them but I love fried quail.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oooooh, that sounds GREAT
    will have to try it
    thanks

speed
  • Options
    dipitsdipits Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Filet each side of the breast . Smash each with meat hammer until about the size of a silver dollar . Dreadge with seasoned flour & fry in butter . Make gravey & pig out.
  • Options
    ATHOMSONATHOMSON Member Posts: 3,399 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Opening day of dove season and I am at work.[V] A truly sad state of affairs. I hope you fellas that are in the field are doing some good.

AT
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Quarter the breasts, dredge in seasoned flour(shake off excess)and quickly brn. in bacon drippins.Add to a pot of chicken broth(home made) and rolled dumplings.Simmer for 10 minutes and try not to eat too much!![:p][:p]

BTW; U will not be able to NOT OVEREAT!!so don't make too much..[;)]