In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anybody ever have a good find like this?

coltpaxcoltpax Member Posts: 8,114
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
I have a story, it's kinda funny, but it turned out in my favor. About a year ago, me, my buddy, and my aunt and uncle went to Monster Jam. It was in an arena, and we had to pass through metal detectors. Well, there was a trash can right beside the gate, people throwin in knives and such. Well, wasn't no way I was walkin a mile back to the car, and I wasn't throwing away my $50 kershaw. I slipped the kershaw in my boot, took the boot off cause they were steel toed and walked right through undetected. My buddy, not so lucky, he just threw his knife away. Well, we were one of the first people out after the show, so I had this great idea, and I ain't beyond getting a little dirty. I walked over to the trash can, yanked the lid off, rolled up my sleeves and reached in there. I walked away with my buddy's knife, four of the schrades that were USA made, a few other miscellaneous knives, and a high dollar Victorinox folder. I figured, just for reaching in a trash can and getting a little dirty, I got away with $120 worth of stuff.

Comments

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    I must say, it is rather funny that you would admit to having gone to a monster jam.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • coltpaxcoltpax Member Posts: 8,114
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr Perfect
    I must say, it is rather funny that you would admit to having gone to a monster jam.

Hey, it was free tickets. It would have been pretty cool when grave digger almost came into the stands, except for the fact that I was sitting in the 2nd unblocked row (they had the 10 front rows blocked).
  • mk19mk19 Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not much for dumpster diving, but if you made a profit at it then why not
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Imagine what the security guys made off with!![:0][:0][B)]
  • coltpaxcoltpax Member Posts: 8,114
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    Imagine what the security guys made off with!![:0][:0][B)]

I know, I can't imagine what they probably "held on to" while people went in there.
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In a similar vein..... I was buying in bulk, small souvenir knifes and lighters from the reno airport. All the stores sold engraved souvenir junk to tourist and when they got to the airport, into the garbage they went. Someone there must have figgered out to sell them.
    I made a lot of money selling them at flea markets here. bob
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Had a buddy in "HIGH SCHOOL" that worked Security at THE SPECTRUM" in Philly at concerts.(Guy was 20 yo. in 12th. grade!!)Dude always had tons of weed,pills,acid,U NAME IT for sale and never had to pay any of it, pure profit!!
    BTW: He got shot & killed in '81 by a Philly METRO COP. He jumped the turnstile in the subway and tusseled with the guy for his gun and LOST!!